PiPress: Buildup to 2013 is on for Cretin-Derham Hall star

Its not just one person on here but why are people writing players off as never being a contributor after only 1 or 2 years in the program? Max struggles and all of a sudden he's not good enough to start at QB ever again. Lamonte moves to a new position and doesn't play so hes no good either. Jimmy Gjere has struggles last year and now he's getting passed up on the depth chart. These kids are FR or rFR they are going to struggle against veteran Big10 players. Give them a damn chance.

Finally, how does this have anything to do with the topic of the thread?

Wow, I give up Bob. It is your world. Anyone else who has a thought that may be slight counter to yours is obviously an idiot.

Again, I apologize for trying to co-exist in your world and actually provide a thought outside of your box.

Back to stealth, read only mode.

Where did he say that? He said a certain way of thinking is idiotic, that's it.

Wow, I give up Bob. It is your world. Anyone else who has a thought that may be slight counter to yours is obviously an idiot.

Again, I apologize for trying to co-exist in your world and actually provide a thought outside of your box.

Back to stealth, read only mode.

At least you're not acting like a baby. If you want to post, I hope you post. If you disagree with me, please do. That's partially why we are all here, to debate Gopher sports.

There are plenty of people on here who disagree with me all the time that aren't idiots. I've never really had an issue with people who disagree with me on here. Your attack came out of left field though. I've never been on here gushing about Lamonte Edwards (so that was especially weird that you attacked me by calling him "my boy"). There are plenty of players I gush about on here, Edwards just has never been one of them. It was a weird attack out of nowhere. It was a strawman (i've never been pimping Edwards as great), and it was incorrect IMO (to write off a RS FR who has already contributed on special teams, in reserve, and a couple starts).

Tons of people are on here who think completely different things than I do. Rose and I will never agree on Seantrel Henderson. Dpo and I argued a lot about where Lamonte Edwards will end up. The OL thread has people disagreeing with me all over on who they think will be the starting OL. To categorize me as someone who doesn't accept people disagreeing with me is a cop out. I don't accept people saying things about me that aren't true and I will give an ignorant statement about writing off a RS FR it's due reaction (calling it nonsense).

So if you're done whining, you should keep posting.

I'm done whining Bobby!!!!!

I've never been on here gushing about Lamonte Edwards (so that was especially weird that you attacked me by calling him "my boy"). There are plenty of players I gush about on here, Edwards just has never been one of them. It was a weird attack out of nowhere. It was a strawman (i've never been pimping Edwards as great), and it was incorrect IMO (to write off a RS FR who has already contributed on special teams, in reserve, and a couple starts).

To categorize me as someone who doesn't accept people disagreeing with me is a cop out. I don't accept people saying things about me that aren't true and I will give an ignorant statement about writing off a RS FR it's due reaction (calling it nonsense).

So if you're done whining, you should keep posting.

They are completely different kinds of athletes, but it's like Lamonte Edwards. Edwards was a fantastic HS football player, but he probably put up considerably less gaudy numbers than a number of athletes who are D3 / D2 caliber players. It's nothing against those guys, but with Lamonte Edwards physical profile, comparing him to a good RB who is going to Winona would be kind of bizarre.

If you post as much garbage as you do, I guess you can't remember if you've gushed or not.

Write off? My comment was For instance, Lamonte hasn't exactly lit it up yet. That's not writing him off and hardly an ignorant statement. He hasn't exactly lit it up yet.

You don't accept people disagreeing with you. You quickly throw out words like ignorant, idiotic, etc. instead of having a rational discussion. In your mind, anyone who disagrees with you is wrong. Kind of a board bully but more like a DB.

Just couldn't let this end without pointing out the inconsistencies in your posts, the failed attempt at being the bully, your success at being a DB, and a chance to tell you to stick your condescending comments up where your head is.

If you post as much garbage as you do, I guess you can't remember if you've gushed or not.

Write off? My comment was For instance, Lamonte hasn't exactly lit it up yet. That's not writing him off and hardly an ignorant statement. He hasn't exactly lit it up yet.

You don't accept people disagreeing with you. You quickly throw out words like ignorant, idiotic, etc. instead of having a rational discussion. In your mind, anyone who disagrees with you is wrong. Kind of a board bully but more like a DB.

Just couldn't let this end without pointing out the inconsistencies in your posts, the failed attempt at being the bully, your success at being a DB, and a chance to tell you to stick your condescending comments up where your head is.
The fact that you expect a freshman to light it up is somewhat idiotic. There aren't many freshmen in the country that light it up. If didn't expect him to light it up right away, which is reasonable, why point it out?

The fact that you expect a freshman to light it up is somewhat idiotic. There aren't many freshmen in the country that light it up. If didn't expect him to light it up right away, which is reasonable, why point it out?

He is not a FR he completed his RFR season. Some of you like try and hide that little detail. Plus he was our 1st or 2nd most highly regarded and hyped recruit. Can't believe you don't expect a 4 star 2nd year player to have made an impact by now. That is what is idiotic.

Not many freshmen? I suggest you take a look at the skill position players that were named to the 1st and 2nd team All-SEC. You'll have a difficult time finding anybody who wasn't his team's 1st or second best player as a FR, or at least by his 2nd year. Lattimore, Dyer, Richardson, Murray,... And these are top 5 or 10 teams this year.

LTG seems to be suffering from a case of messy diaper syndrome.

Edwards was a fantastic high school player

That's gushing?

Edwards was a fantastic high school player

That's gushing?

Yeah, look at the sentence he pulled it out of. I said that Edwards was a fantastic HS football player but wasn't as productive as a lot of guys who played D2 or D3. He was 2nd team All State, I think everyone who is All State is a fantastic HS football player (whether they play college ball or not). Yep, LTG is obviously reaching. He went digging for somewhere where I gushed about Lamonte Edwards and THAT is what he came up with. That I said I said he was a fantastic HS player (he was All State) but NOT AS GOOD as kids going D1 or D2.

He is not a FR he completed his RFR season. Some of you like try and hide that little detail. Plus he was our 1st or 2nd most highly regarded and hyped recruit. Can't believe you don't expect a 4 star 2nd year player to have made an impact by now. That is what is idiotic.

Not many freshmen? I suggest you take a look at the skill position players that were named to the 1st and 2nd team All-SEC. You'll have a difficult time finding anybody who wasn't his team's 1st or second best player as a FR, or at least by his 2nd year. Lattimore, Dyer, Richardson, Murray,... And these are top 5 or 10 teams this year.

First, I don't know why you're comparing a LB to skill position players. But we can play that nonsensical game. Here is a list of the skill position players who were First Team All Big 10:
Russell Wilson: PLayed a lot as a RS FR.
Rex Burkhead, Nebraska Running Back - RS Fr Season - Didn't start and only 371 yards rushing
MONTEE BALL, WISCONSIN Running Back - Didn't start and only 390 yards as RS FR
A.J. Jenkins, Illinois Receiver - True SO - Reserve - 10 rec 112 yards
Marvin McNutt, Iowa Receiver - Only played a handful of snaps at QB, wasn't even a WR as a RS FR
Drake Dunsmore, Northwestern Tight End - Was injured as a SO, might have started. In his third season (RS-SO), he started 1/2 the time

So, Russell Wilson was the only bonafide starter of that bunch. Huh? Whodathunk?

Second, not only is your premise wrong, but it's completely illogical anyway. There are considerably more 4 star kids who enter Big 10 Programs than there are spots for them to be All Big 10 type players ever in their career, much less as a RS FR.

If you had lofty expectations out of a 4 star recruit, that sounds like it's your issue based on your own baseless opinions. There are some amazing athletes who can step right in and be great football players. There are kids who need a little time. I'm not sure how good Lamonte is, but I do know that it is beyond idiotic to make that judgment now. It's silly. Just to warn you, so you don't get your hopes up...I wouldn't expect much from Jonah Pirsig for a couple years either.

Killjoy, you cut me up.

DL65 posts a thread for the GH survey and everybody says they hate trolls and hijackers. I love GH.

Top Bottom