Pipe dream for 2017 class?

Miles Tarver

Reaction score
With getting Amir and Curry to commit this year.....(I'm not sure how close Amir is to Trent) but does this get us back in the race to land Trent? He seems to be a 5 star, one and done....Why not stay home..Play with Coffey and the rest of the talented group we will have and try to make a run nationally?

That was always my boyhood dream!

Pipe dream is Trent Jr. and Theo John (with a Diedhiou transfer)...

PG - Mason (SR) / Dorsey (JR)
SG - Coffey (SO) / McBrayer (JR)
SF - Trent Jr. (FR) / Fitzgerald (SR) / Gilbert (JR)
PF - Murphy (JR) / Curry (SO) / Hurt (SO)
C - Konate (SR) / Lynch (SR) / John (FR)

I may have just achieved a temporary state of nirvana contemplating this roster.. thank you Madtown.

I've been thinking the exact same things with these signings.. hard not to conflate these with an unspoken momentum with Trent Jr/Jones. It certainly can't hurt, and I am extremely glad that both Jarvis and Amir seem to have gone above and beyond in terms of being ambassadors and showing their pride in their decisions to stay home and encouraging others to do the same!

I hope hurt lights it up this school season. If he can grow and develop a jumper this could be. Nice nice nice squad.

I may have just achieved a temporary state of nirvana contemplating this roster.. thank you Madtown.

I've been thinking the exact same things with these signings.. hard not to conflate these with an unspoken momentum with Trent Jr/Jones. It certainly can't hurt, and I am extremely glad that both Jarvis and Amir seem to have gone above and beyond in terms of being ambassadors and showing their pride in their decisions to stay home and encouraging others to do the same!

Success on the court and very real possibilities for greater success in the future would help even more than the signing. Above expectations success this year would be huge in having the dreams become reality.

I hope hurt lights it up this school season. If he can grow and develop a jumper this could be. Nice nice nice squad.

How has Hurt shot percentage wise from 3 so far in high school/AAU- anyone know?

How has Hurt shot percentage wise from 3 so far in high school/AAU- anyone know?

He can shoot now, concerns are as to whether it will translate to college. He isn't a size or speed mismatch so it's always going to be harder to find your shot when you don't have those tools available to you unless you're a knock down shooter.

I haven't watched him so I'm pulling this straight out of my rear. But the physical stats and what I have seen/read give me those concerns.

He can shoot now, concerns are as to whether it will translate to college. He isn't a size or speed mismatch so it's always going to be harder to find your shot when you don't have those tools available to you unless you're a knock down shooter.

I haven't watched him so I'm pulling this straight out of my rear. But the physical stats and what I have seen/read give me those concerns.
If your pulling it from there. Don't post it. It really must have bothered Pitino. Anytime you have a white guy stereotypes seem to rule.

Obviously getting Trent would be so amazing, for so many reasons. But it's a tough sell with the blue bloods knocking down his door. The good news is that there is still a ton of talent in the 2017 MN class. Theo, Mar and McKinley are all top 150 players and would be great additions (and likely 4 year players).

If your pulling it from there. Don't post it. It really must have bothered Pitino. Anytime you have a white guy stereotypes seem to rule.

I don't know if I'm pulling any stereotype, at least I'm not trying to, however, I do think the big white shooting PF stereotype would play very well into this roster. Thats the reason I posted what I did, if he grows a bit and develops the shot more, having that stretch 4 out of Hurt will be a nice change of pace to the quicker physical 4s we will have on the roster.

I don't know if I'm pulling any stereotype, at least I'm not trying to, however, I do think the big white shooting PF stereotype would play very well into this roster. Thats the reason I posted what I did, if he grows a bit and develops the shot more, having that stretch 4 out of Hurt will be a nice change of pace to the quicker physical 4s we will have on the roster.
You are right on the stereotypical stretch four. We could use one. I see Hurt as a bigger wing . His younger brother is said to be a best athlete of the two .

You are right on the stereotypical stretch four. We could use one. I see Hurt as a bigger wing . His younger brother is said to be a best athlete of the two .

His younger brother is going to be really really good.

Everything I've read has him as a wing, much more a 3 than a 4. We desperately need shooters so he's a nice addition.

It appears that we may have the guys that can play. These are Pitino's players.

Now its up to Pitino Jr. to coach them up and build them into a cohesive group. If so, the future looks good.

Top Bottom