Picture of new student section t-shirts: "JerrySota"

What I don't get is why we have four different campaigns going on now. We have Brick by Brick theme which has been used over and over by the SID, social media team, players coaches and video crew.

We have the Passive/Aggressive theme used by the advertising team.

Now we have the JerrySota theme used by the promotions team.

Then we have the 2-pack ticket sales promotion used by the ticket sales team.

It's clear that the there isn't a marketing communications strategy intended to be used by the entire department. I'm not sure why they didn't get together, share ideas, come up with one strategy to push through all of its mediums. It seems like the Brick by Brick strategy would have been easy to execute across all of the mediums listed above, instead we have individual campaigns which make it difficult to gain traction and have a lasting impact. The Brick by Brick campaign could be one used for more than one year, much like Twins Territory has been used.

Student Section: Brick by Brick, or even go trendy with #BrickByBrick on the t-shirts.

The billboards could have been slowly built upon itself with a "Brick By Brick" theme.

They could have had a microsite - BrickByBrick.com where we get the video vignettes, access to t-shirts, etc.

Oh well. On to UNLV!

Go Gophers!!

Bleed, that would make way to much sense! It would never work! :)

But, I agree, all things aside, on to Thursday night! Go Gophers!

Who is in charge of this? Name, email, address, phone number. It has to stop. Now!

I would have went with Kill-U-Mah. But that's just me.

Who hates Iowa? I HATE IOWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winner Winner chicken dinner.

I would have went with Kill-U-Mah. But that's just me.

Who hates Iowa? I HATE IOWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this one Kill-U-mah, has a nice ring to it, probably too late to change the shirts now but maybe next year
they can use "Kill-U-Mah". Possibly we can even turn it in to a Cheer, instead of yelling Ski-U-mah
yell Kill-U-Mah at the kick off? Never mind, not going to work. Organized cheers tend to fizzle.

Back on topic, BleedGopher is correct, I don't get the disconnect between all these different themes? Sales staff, tickets marketing, advertising promotions, and then the video viginettes and promotion by the football department within the Athletic department are all different with a different message or theme. Twins have had a consistent marekting theme for mutliple years Twins territory that fans identify with, even if it is a different advertisement or promotion there is a consistent tie back to that one theme.

All these different themes and promotions, isn't even organized chaos, it is too many people making decisions in there fifedoms without any kind of coordination. They are missing the boat on brick by brick, this could have worked for mutliple years and across mutliple avenues of message, media or marketing.
If the diehard fans can see this mess with mutliple messages,
you would think AD Teague would. The buck is likely going to have to stop with him to
correct all of this nonsense, on lack of coordination or not having a consistent message or theme.

I like maroon. 90% of my Gopher clothing is maroon. I'm on board with these shirts. Are we really doing another gold-out attempt this year??

LOL. Folks complaining that this will hurt our Gold Outs. Have you noticed how badly those have failed? Last one had 7 folks wearing gold I think. Maybe they picked maroon with the intention if never trying another Gold Out so we stop embarrassing ourselves.

When I did a typical GopherHole commenters over analysis of anything, What I interpreted "JerrySota" was that Minnesota is behind and backing Coach Jerry Kill.

I would have went with Kill-U-Mah.

I see what you're getting at, but I don't think we'd want to parade that slogan around when it means "kill U of M" :eek:. I like our standard "victory U of M" better.. but again, I see what you're getting at.

Com' on Gopher fans, lets get energized!

That's that gold standard for lame promotions.

A maroon T, really how can you complain about that!

What I don't get is why we have four different campaigns going on now. We have Brick by Brick theme which has been used over and over by the SID, social media team, players coaches and video crew.

It's clear that the there isn't a marketing communications strategy intended to be used by the entire department. I'm not sure why they didn't get together, share ideas, come up with one strategy to push through all of its mediums. It seems like the Brick by Brick strategy would have been easy to execute across all of the mediums listed above, instead we have individual campaigns which make it difficult to gain traction and have a lasting impact. The Brick by Brick campaign could be one used for more than one year, much like Twins Territory has been used.

Student Section: Brick by Brick, or even go trendy with #BrickByBrick on the t-shirts.

The billboards could have been slowly built upon itself with a "Brick By Brick" theme.

They could have had a microsite - BrickByBrick.com where we get the video vignettes, access to t-shirts, etc.

Oh well. On to UNLV!

Go Gophers!!

We advocate no passive.

Maroon is a passive color while Gold or Yellow is its active color on the opposite side of the color wheel. This is basic to advertising.

http://www.worqx.com/color/color_wheel.htm

This group has no idea, no central message, its basically throwing sH77 at the wall and hoping something will stick.

Oh well. On to UNLV!

Go Gophers!!

Brickbybrick is being used this season by Tennessee and the North Dakota Sioux. We've got an awesome nickname, let's use it: gopher nation gopherzone you don't mess with a gopher Gophers eat badgers.

It is not about hurting gold outs.

They've just effectively confused the student section. Do we wear gold? Do we wear maroon? Who the heck knows anymore.

Are the basketball shirts gonna be maroon too? If so, Williams will look like crap on TV.

Com' on Gopher fans, lets get energized!

That's that gold standard for lame promotions.

A maroon T, really how can you complain about that!

Agreed, but honestly, we are the Golden Gophers. Nothing about that says maroon to me. Maroon and Gold, I get it, but Golden Gophers is much better than Maroon Gophers.

So JK is the face of our program ... that is so much BS. Name one other B10 program that is using their coach's name on a t-shirt give-away. Goldy is the face our program, like Bucky at Wisky and Herky at Iowa. It's NOT the coach.

Pretty sure it's been done many times before. Specifically I recall MSU doing it for basketball with the Izzone not too many years back.

So JK is the face of our program ... that is so much BS. Name one other B10 program that is using their coach's name on a t-shirt give-away. Goldy is the face our program, like Bucky at Wisky and Herky at Iowa. It's NOT the coach.

And 10 seconds of google searching:

Badgers to give away 'Bo tie' T-shirts Saturday
JESSE TEMPLE |
Published: Thursday, January 24, 2013, 7:07pm

MADISON, Wis. — Put on your shiny shoes and dress slacks Saturday at the Kohl Center, because the "Bo Tie" is back.

All fans that attend Saturday's Wisconsin game against Minnesota will receive a free "Bo Tie" T-shirt featuring Badgers basketball coach Bo Ryan's face across a giant screenprinted bow tie and vest. Last year, similar shirts were issued for one game only to the university's "Grateful Red" student section.
----------------------------------

"Urban Meyer Knows" t-shirts for sale on the Ohio State website:

http://shop.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/COLLEGE_Ohio_State_Buckeyes_T-Shirts
----------------------------------------------

Also, our student section chants Jerry, Jerry after a win at TCF Bank Stadium, not Goldy, Goldy. The way our students turned on Coach Mason, I'm glad the students have an affinity for Jerry.

When JK has the success of Bo Ryan or Tom Izzo, we can put his name on a shirt. I can't believe that JK was totally on board with this idea.

We're not Gold and White, Maroon is a great color and we need to use it more often.

Hey, we are NOT the maroon Gophers we are the GOLDEN GOPHERS. Maroon should be an accent color. Ask Dr. Don. He will tell you.

A player is OK with me ... not the coach. Especially when the coach has a sub .500 record.

Hey, we are NOT the maroon Gophers we are the GOLDEN GOPHERS. Maroon should be an accent color. Ask Dr. Don. He will tell you.

Damn betcha, Halsey. An accent color is to stand out. So maroon should stand out with GOLD being the best contrast to Maroon. I would never buy a Gold Gopher sweatshirt with maroon printing on it, but I have bought many maroon sweatshirts with gold printing on it. I, Halsey my friend, I am the epitome of class when it comes to Maroon versus Gold.

Yeah, the slogan is lame. The only thing I can think of as to why they went with maroon is that Iowa is our homecoming opponent and a maroon out will be in order for that game.

Personally I would have liked "eat, drink and be Jerry" but really the shirt is the last of my concerns. 72 hours from shot gunning a beer in the parking lot before heading into the stadium, I can't wait.

Which is what the GLC used two years ago.

I would have a highly probable suspicion that the wuss factions of the AD and Regents nixed anything with "Kill" in it. I'm sure it implies that we all own assault weapons, and would use them at random.

Remember, Kill shirts kill people, people don't Kill shirts. Or something.

Discuss.

I would have a highly probable suspicion that the wuss factions of the AD and Regents nixed anything with "Kill" in it. I'm sure it implies that we all own assault weapons, and would use them at random.

Discuss.

Nice! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Discuss.

highwayman, that is absolutely brilliant. Kind of like people $hit in pants, pants don't $hit in people.

Eat, drink and be Jerry (as listed earlier) was good. Jerrysota not so much.

Jerrysota is just ridiculously awful. I agree with Bleed in that the marketing should stay consistent across different platforms. An idea I had would be a gold shirt with maroon lettering stating "I am a brick" or simply just "brick". That would enforce the idea that the students are an important part of the program.

I don't think we will see too many kids choose to wear their "Jerrysota" t shirt. Maybe that would work if he won a B1G title, but certainly not now.

Top Bottom