Picture: New turf being installed at TCF Bank Stadium

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I've always wondered how they get the old stuff up without pouring the rubber infill all over the place? Do they literally have to vacuum it up first?

I will be at a dinner at the stadium tonight.

I will try to get a picture from the club.

I've always wondered how they get the old stuff up without pouring the rubber infill all over the place? Do they literally have to vacuum it up first?

Yes. They recycle as much as they can. Pretty sturdy stuff.

Well if it works like my experience. Just get someone like me to fall down on it a few times in street clothing and I'll just transport mass quantities of it to my car, house, shower..... for weeks on end.

CgGFaVrUUAEZUBA.jpg

Great to see. I also hope they disinfect all the seats and anything else used by the Vikings.

Go Gophers!

Bring back the maroon end zones! We will have at least three months to discuss if they match the seats. What a fun flashback to 2009.

Does this mean the field will no longer be heated?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Hope the get that M stitched in there like before. Looked so bright and bold before switching to the scrubbing paint turf.

Since when are they taking the coils out?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

One of the students who works at the stadium told a group of us that. They are expensive to maintain and not worth it for the maximum of one game per season they would be used.

Hmmmm. I see a slight disagreement about the heating coils staying or not.

Hmmmm. I see a slight disagreement about the heating coils staying or not.

I have it from a connected source on the ground's crew that the field will be kept warm from all the hot air on Gopherhole. Can you confirm, Doc?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

From all the pics posted of the turf replacement, I think it is safe to say the heating coils were not removed

From all the pics posted of the turf replacement, I think it is safe to say the heating coils were not removed

How can you tell? It looks like a solid base on which the turf is laid.

Keeping the coils, with the maintenance costs would be dumb. Considering the rarity of using them during a college football season.

How can you tell? It looks like a solid base on which the turf is laid.

Keeping the coils, with the maintenance costs would be dumb. Considering the rarity of using them during a college football season.

I'm guessing due to the lack of time between tearing out the old and laying down the new.

I remember a frozen field for an October 10, 2009 game versus Purdue. Covering the field with a tarp had no noticeable effect. And yes, even on the sunny side, we had to skate to our seats.

I remember a frozen field for an October 10, 2009 game versus Purdue. Covering the field with a tarp had no noticeable effect. And yes, even on the sunny side, we had to skate to our seats.

Interesting comment on the sunny side. Not sure if that has been discussed on here before, but it would be interesting. What side do folks prefer - the visitor/sunny side or the home/shade side. This should be fun.

Interesting comment on the sunny side. Not sure if that has been discussed on here before, but it would be interesting. What side do folks prefer - the visitor/sunny side or the home/shade side. This should be fun.

Well, we did the the sun flex pack this year. Games thru 10/15 are on the shady side and then over the sunny side after that date. Extra "donation" of $800 for this benefit. Well worth it.

Top Bottom