Peter Westerhaus

I'll tell you what - you remember this post, and if Notre Dame even offers Westerhaus a scholarship, I'll buy you a steak dinner.

You might be eating your words on this one Dpo.

There's quite a bit of interest in this kid.

You might be eating your words on this one Dpo.

There's quite a bit of interest in this kid.

Maybe. But I think there's a little too much assuming going on just because this kid goes to a Catholic school.

Ohio St & Wisconsin both made in-home visits last week & Notre Dame has sent him a questionnaire to fill out. This could get interesting.

Ohio St & Wisconsin both made in-home visits last week & Notre Dame has sent him a questionnaire to fill out. This could get interesting.

Very interesting prospect, reminds me a bit of Nick Rengel on offense, undersized with speed.
His acceleration looks elite, the level of competition could make him seem faster on these tapes though. On D, he's got good instincts and technique, along with that great acceleration.
A bit skinny for a MLB.
I'd still be suprised if he garners a ton of attention nationally, but he looks legit.
Another thing to consider is, if he's been playing this well, Brewster is already aware of him, you can count on that.

It's amazing to hear Holy Family is putting out a D1 prospect...I remember absolutely rending their basketball team about 8 or 9 years ago when I was in high school. I never would have thought they would have a guy who could cut it at the Big 10 level...

I believe (and I could easily be wrong) that Peter Westerhaus is the nephew of Paul Westerhaus who was a stud (along with George Adzick) for Eden Prairie back in the early 1970s. Paul played a couple of years for the Gophers.

Considering he goes to holy family, I doubt he's jumping at the opportunity to go to a public institution. Never heard of him, but if a private/god school like Notre Dame wants him he'll probably view it as a sign from above and accept.

Considering he goes to holy family, I doubt he's jumping at the opportunity to go to a public institution. Never heard of him, but if a private/god school like Notre Dame wants him he'll probably view it as a sign from above and accept.

yes, because going to a private school makes you less objective about what's good for you and you blindly follow what you've grown comfortable with. i'm sure that's not offensive to anyone.

i bet the next eden prairie kid that comes out will only seriously consider teams that wear black and red and are in a suburban setting.

Says he wants to play TE in college not LB, and is currently just under 6'4 with relatives in the 6'8 range. Certainly looks to have the ability to be the next great TE for the Gophers. Spaeth should give him a call to help out, not a planned call just one of those random occurrence types haha

You mean like Seantrel going to that Methodist school out in LA?

Maybe. But I think there's a little too much assuming going on just because this kid goes to a Catholic school.

Not really assuming anything, but if the kid stacks up nationally, my hunch is Brian Kelly really comes after him. Don't underestimate this Catholic connection stuff. And I do not consider no-names to be steak. In the spirit of negotiation, I'm countering with Kobe beef. You start that low, I need to start high.

Holy Family plays in the MN River Conference with the likes of Belle Plaine, Jordan, Le Sueur, Mayer Lutheran, Sibley East, Montgomery and Norwood Young-America.......they finnished second in the confernce this year behind Belle Plaine.

You are both are right. USC is currently non-secular but at one time, it had affiliations with the Methodist church.

What's actually kind of funny about USC is that it was founded by a Methodist and a Catholic, so even when they had church affiliation (I think like until the 1940s), it was always really warm to the Catholic Church as well.

Right now, he is an FCS/walk on/late schollie kid. Camp season will decide who offers and who doesn't.

I am saying that I will be surprised if he gets an early offer from anyone other than an FCS/MAC type school. Not saying that he couldn't be a big 10 player. Just saying that it is likely camp season will decide who offers and who doesn't.

I am saying that I will be surprised if he gets an early offer from anyone other than an FCS/MAC type school. Not saying that he couldn't be a big 10 player. Just saying that it is likely camp season will decide who offers and who doesn't.

Bingo.

He's not on Minnesota's radar yet and probably won't be offered by them until camps. Small chance a B10 school or two offers in May, but summer is more realistic.

High Risk, High Reward. He is playing for Holy Family, so nobody really knows if he can stand out when there is talent around him. But then again, he could be a stud. I would hope that the gopher coaches know how to evaluate talent, since no doubt it was something they saw this summer that got him an offer. I am going to trust Brewster on this one.

Top Bottom