Perception to black recruits and their families

This is by no means good for Gopher football but the campus sex scandal/boycotts/expulsions hit much closer to home for student athletes and didn't wreck Gopher football. It shouldn't change much.

This specific case is atrocious and those involved deserve the fullest consequences. There's no evidence that police misconduct is any worse in Minneapolis than elsewhere. It's bad all over. This case just happened to hit in Minneapolis at what Smokey the Bear may call an Extreme Risk time - the pandemic, economic stress and idleness, news it's hitting black/brown/poorer people harder, the Arbery case, and the coming of summer after a national lockdown. It was a tinderbox waiting for a spark.

MSP has a healthy culture. The average citizen will row the boat to fix the community. We're seeing that already.

For a dose of gallows humor - at least recruits know there's black people in Minnesota.

@Veritas = Dirtbag. You cannot be a real person. God help us all
Hard conservatives ruin internet message boards. Almost ubiquitous.

That's why we try our best to leave politics out of the main sports forums. Sad that it spills over and mods won't move it to OTB where it belongs.

and now, Tom Lehrer with "National Brotherhood week."

Oh, the white folks
Hate the black folks.
And the black folks,
Hate the white folks
To hate all but the right folks
Is an old established rule

But during...
National Brotherhood Week
Lena Horn and Sheriff Clark are dancing cheek to cheek, it's
Fun to eulogize the
People you despise
As long you don't let them in your school.

Oh, the poor folks hate the rich folks
And the rich folks hate the poor folks.
All of my folks hate all of your folks.
It's american as apple pie.

But during...
New Yorkers Love the Puerto Ricans 'cause it's very chique
Stand up and shake the hand of
Someone you can't stand
You can tolerate him if you try.

Oh the protestants hate the catholics
And the catholics hate the protestants
And the hindus hate the muslims
And everybody hates the jews, but during

National Brotherhood Week its
National everyone smile at
One another-hood week, be
Nice to people who are
Inferior to you. it's only for a week so have no fear
Be grateful that it doesn't last all year

That's why we try our best to leave politics out of the main sports forums. Sad that it spills over and mods won't move it to OTB where it belongs.

I did not post the first 20+ posts in this thread nor the thread itself. You just can't stand any views they do not accord, in lock step, with yours. Like your clever encouragement for the arsonists and looters to just go ahead and get it all out of their system. Gosh, how could I have had the nerve to disagree with that pearl of wisdom? Darn, radical conservative!

I did not post the first 20+ posts in this thread nor the thread itself. You just can't stand any views they do not accord, in lock step, with yours. Like your clever encouragement for the arsonists and looters to just go ahead and get it all out of their system. Gosh, how could I have had the nerve to disagree with that pearl of wisdom? Darn, radical conservative!

You literally called black people "idiots" in this thread. Your feelings and motives are known. I just wish I could meet you at TCF this fall and put a knee on your neck for 9 minutes. You are literally the biggest piece of steaming shit on the earth. Keep hiding behind your troll persona you racist trash.

This is not a scary time for me at all. Why would it be, I don't live with or near these idiots, by choice. Hell, I was raised for 20 years in Chicago so I have seen all of this many times before. And if I were to live another 74 years I would see exactly the same things happen many, many more times. Its how they roll. A community that can not keep tens of thousands of their own members from being killed by each other is never going to be able to keep one, two or three of their members from being killed by non members of their community. And each time that happens, no matter what the rest of do, or pass, or concede, or charge, or send to jail, or fail to change, they will have the excuse to loot and burn some more. So enjoy the moment all you want. You earned it. It will be interesting to see the reaction of the voters in November (no prediction made).

I can't even believe this kind of shit is even allowed on this board. This is one of the most despicable, blatantly bigoted and racist things I've ever read. This is not a good person. Its a person who has been trying to rile shit up forever on this board. We support a team of which the majority is black. How do we allow someone to talk about black people like the above on this board??? Unbelievable. Show some morals and boundaries. Overt racism. Enough

I can't even believe this kind of shit is even allowed on this board. This is one of the most despicable, blatantly bigoted and racist things I've ever read. This is not a good person. Its a person who has been trying to rile shit up forever on this board. We support a team of which the majority is black. How do we allow someone to talk about black people like the above on this board??? Unbelievable. Show some morals and boundaries. Overt racism. Enough

Completely agree. Completely out of bounds.

We also have some proud islamaphobes who would gleefully spit in Mo Ibrahim's face if he weren't playing football for the Gophers.

If anything, recent years and events have revealed just what kind of people some of these Gopher "fans" really are when they're not wearing the maroon and gold...

"It's how THEY roll?" Are you kidding me MODS?

"A community that can not keep tens of thousands of their own members from being killed by each other is never going to be able to keep one, two or three of their members from being killed by non members of their community."

WOW. Are you serious? Is this 1961? Are you fucking George Wallace?

Ban this fucking piece of excrement. This is how we are allowing Gopher fans and Gopher football to be repped? Disgusting. People have been banned for FAR FAR FAR less. This is not okay.

How is your campaign coming of making sure that only your views and those with whom you agree are allowed? What are really afraid of? I thought a few, open and civil debate was at the heart of a democracy. You do not. So I will keep expressing my views as best I can. I will not concede to you and your ilk the monopoly on thought that you want and, indeed, demand. Of course your way may prevail, but I will not give it to you. Murder is murder and I will not accept that some murders are OK while others not OK. You say that might offend black recruits. I don't think it will or would.

If you send a PM to @GopherHole Staff they will definitely respond to your concerns. Have multiple times for me. Just give them a day or two, busy folks.

The “report” feature doesn’t work on this site.

How is your campaign coming of making sure that only your views and those with whom you agree are allowed? What are really afraid of? I thought a few, open and civil debate was at the heart of a democracy. You do not. So I will keep expressing my views as best I can. I will not concede to you and your ilk the monopoly on thought that you want and, indeed, demand. Of course your way may prevail, but I will not give it to you. Murder is murder and I will not accept that some murders are OK while others not OK. You say that might offend black recruits. I don't think it will or would.

If you get banned (or suspended or whatever), it won't be because you're some crusader for free-speech that has been unfairly censored (which will likely be your self-professed lament that is all too predictable for the political snowflakes out there). It'll be because you stated that you aren't afraid of anything because you don't live near these idiots (aka...African American communities). Then you doubled down with this gem:

"A community that can not keep tens of thousands of their own members from being killed by each other is never going to be able to keep one, two or three of their members from being killed by non members of their community. And each time that happens, no matter what the rest of do, or pass, or concede, or charge, or send to jail, or fail to change, they will have the excuse to loot and burn some more."
With this being the central theme of it all:

"If I were to live another 74 years I would see exactly the same things happen many, many more times. Its how they roll."
None of that has anything to do with honest debate, productive discussion, your sense of personal martyrdom or even practiced democracy. It's simply the rantings of an old man who thinks his bigotry is justified because he's 74 and should therefore be respected regardless.

If you want to honestly try to make suggestions regarding what can help the African-American community overcome its admitted struggles from policy standpoints, have at it. But that's not what this is. This is you simply regurgitating the tired trope of "African American communities suck and always will. Let's debate!"

And with this being a sports forum that has an expected level of conduct, you'd have more than earned whatever banning or suspension you received.

Last edited:

Just to add a little more to this fascinating little discussion regarding African-American communities, Carter Coughlin is amongst the protestors on I35 and was in the group that nearly got run over by the semi that rolled through everybody. He then tweeted about the experience and the disregard people have for people of the African-American community and apparently got hate-tweeted back so much he deleted it and posted this instead.

So, yeah, maybe we should cool it on the ripping of African American communities, ya think?

Last edited:

Sure, as long as you/they/whoever stay off the freeway. Otherwise they can go F themselves. Coughlin included.

Sure, as long as you/they/whoever stay off the freeway. Otherwise they can go F themselves. Coughlin included.

Care to revise your statement? Good lord folks...:banghead:

Care to revise your statement? Good lord folks...:banghead:
Obviously the truck driver is an idiot but if the road is closed, nobody should be on the road including the protesters

Reactions: MRJ

If you think that only conservatives can ruin a message board then you are very biased and ignorant.
Also the guy is obviously just a troll, just don't give him the time of day, all he's trying to get is a reaction.

Reactions: MRJ

Obviously the truck driver is an idiot but if the road is closed, nobody should be on the road including the protesters

Fair point, although the protesters also aren't driving two tons worth of potentially deadly weapon into a large crowd at almost highway speed on a closed freeway.

Top Bottom