Perception to black recruits and their families

I think I saw his account was marked "banned," so I'm guessing the answer to your question is yes...

About freaking time. I am all for people being able to voice their opinions on message boards but he was so over the top and would just hyjack thread after thread with his nonsense. And the level of negativity he brought to everything was off the charts as well.

Reactions: MRJ

He made me feel sick to my stomach with his vitriol. All the things going on around us and in my personal life, I needed something positive.

PJ Fleck's ESPN interview was very uplifting.

Thank goodness it appears that the committed recruits and their families are rowing the boat! We love PJ Fleck.

He made me feel sick to my stomach with his vitriol. All the things going on around us and in my personal life, I needed something positive.

PJ Fleck's ESPN interview was very uplifting.

Thank goodness it appears that the committed recruits and their families are rowing the boat! We love PJ Fleck.
I'm not trying to defend him cause he's a moron/troll, but if you are truly sick to your stomach from what somone said on a message board then I would take a break from the message board.

I'm not trying to defend him cause he's a moron/troll, but if you are truly sick to your stomach from what somone said on a message board then I would take a break from the message board.

Or the events of the last few days have been extremely disturbing. The fact that people that are willing to accept, blame or explain away events is truly scary. We all enjoy Gopher football. Let's take a break from attacking each other.

I was about to, and then he was banned.

This is not a scary time for me at all. Why would it be, I don't live with or near these idiots, by choice. Hell, I was raised for 20 years in Chicago so I have seen all of this many times before. And if I were to live another 74 years I would see exactly the same things happen many, many more times. Its how they roll. A community that can not keep tens of thousands of their own members from being killed by each other is never going to be able to keep one, two or three of their members from being killed by non members of their community. And each time that happens, no matter what the rest of do, or pass, or concede, or charge, or send to jail, or fail to change, they will have the excuse to loot and burn some more. So enjoy the moment all you want. You earned it. It will be interesting to see the reaction of the voters in November (no prediction made).
Wow- can we please ban this racist scum. How did you stand being a Gopher fan in the era when we started recruiting African American players? Why do you continue to watch a sport dominated by young men who you obviously deplore. Good grief.

Apparently the freeway was closed ahead of schedule and there were vehicles stuck on I-35. So cars were doing u-turns and driving down the on-ramp to get off the freeway and find an alternate route.

A guy who knows one of the Skor North producers was on the bridge and gave his eye-witness account. Said the truck driver would have had to go by a long line of these cars leaving the freeway, so he had to know what was going on and had to see the marchers. There were other reports that the truck driver sped up when he got closer to the marchers. A bleepin' miracle no one was seriously hurt.
If all of that is true, the truck driver deserves to have been roughed up. Also worth noting that some of the marchers were trying to stop other people from beating the guy up.

That didn’t age well.

Apparently the freeway was closed ahead of schedule and there were vehicles stuck on I-35. So cars were doing u-turns and driving down the on-ramp to get off the freeway and find an alternate route.

A guy who knows one of the Skor North producers was on the bridge and gave his eye-witness account. Said the truck driver would have had to go by a long line of these cars leaving the freeway, so he had to know what was going on and had to see the marchers. There were other reports that the truck driver sped up when he got closer to the marchers. A bleepin' miracle no one was seriously hurt.
If all of that is true, the truck driver deserves to have been roughed up. Also worth noting that some of the marchers were trying to stop other people from beating the guy up.
We should know by now not to believe anything we hear (even if it is news/data from the governor) until it has been double or triple checked and verified.

About freaking time. I am all for people being able to voice their opinions on message boards but he was so over the top and would just hyjack thread after thread with his nonsense. And the level of negativity he brought to everything was off the charts as well.

Honestly, he's the stereotypical old, white man who thinks his obvious bigotry and racism is a legitimate, intellectually based point of view. And when confronted with "no, you're just a bigot. That's where it begins and ends", people like him claim they're being unfairly censored and picked on because somehow their "rights" are being infringed on.

It's laughably pathetic, but we've got more than a few like that on this board. Bring up the topic of religion on the off-topic board sometime and you'll see plenty of Gopher "fans" rally around the same sick mindset...

Bring up the topic of religion on the off-topic board sometime and you'll see plenty of Gopher "fans" rally around the same sick mindset...
What's this supposed to mean and in reference to?

Head over to the off-topic board and start a thread on religion...you'll see it first hand.
I'd rather know what you saw on the off-topic board rather than start a new argument myself.

I'd rather know what you saw on the off-topic board rather than start a new argument myself.

Not going to get into it on the football forum. You'll just have to wade into that water and see for yourself over on the Off-Topic Board.

Regarding the OP, after seeing Fleck speak on this matter a couple of times, I can see why people want to follow his lead, and I can see why instead of shedding recruits during this time, he continues to gain numbers. He is representing our institution very well right now.

Hopefully this is not too blunt - but

If black recruits are choosing their school based on not wanting to attend a school in any city that has issues with possible racism, racial profiling, or police possibly targeting minorities, where in the f*ck are they going to go?

that city does not exist.

I live in a rural city in SW MN. someone on Facebook started a rumor that BLM was going to be in the area for a protest. that thread made the OTB look tame by comparison.

IMHO, the vast majority of recruits choose a school based on:
liking the coaches
liking the system
chances of playing time
odds of making it to the NFL.

If all of those factors are present for the Gophers, I don't think any recruit is going to say "I like Fleck and the campus, but I won't go to MN because cops have killed black people in Mpls."

that's my 2-cents worth.

I would agree the racism is intricately woven into the fabric of our society. Its naive to think young black athletes wouldn't expect some police to be racist and brutal in any city.

I don't think this will hurt the program that much. The protest response was good! lots of people showed up and participated. It diplayed the progressive nature of our city. Lots of visuals of our town without snow on the ground cant hurt either.

Unfortunately the property damage got out of hand, but that is happening everywhere else too. It forced Fleck to talk about social justice which is great PR. We officially have a woke coach and I'm proud of how the program has responded. Dabo Sweeney hasn't responded well at all.

Just got back from volunteering in the Lake Street area. Tons of people out cleaning up. Impressive amount of volunteers. Hopefully our recovery and response is what defines us and not the events of the last week.
Agree, it was pretty neat how big the crowds were. I was thinking it'd be depressing when I went seeing all the wreckage, but it was actually nice to be there.

Actually you fucking quack, they said it could be white supremacists or left wing anarchists or both. A great example of who you are and how you just include what conveniently fits in your lil' agenda.
Let me see. John Harrington has been a member of the armed services, a St. Paul Police Officer, Chief of Police, IIRC a state Senator, and now services as commissioner of Public Safety. Tim Walz over 20 years of service in the Army National Guard.

Yep. They are clueless! Support our troops...unless they don't fit "our" agenda!

1591240354785.jpeg

Top Bottom