Perception to black recruits and their families

Reading comprehension problem once again, the police are in flying squads hitting curfew violates wherever they are. Hit and run pick ups putting those caught behind bars. At no point do you draw a line of 40 officers until you have the thousands of police and military needed to do so. This got out of hand because the governor let it. Certainly after the first night it was clear that he and the mayors had no idea what they were going to do to stop the looting. There are lock up locations all over the state. Whatever it takes. Your plan, his plan is to let the looting and burning go on until the looters get tired of stealing stuff. When will that be? Again, I am a history person, the riots are stopped or the democracy falls. There is no other choice in history.

You said you form up 4-5 10 man teams to go arrest everyone breaking curfew no matter what. In terms of reading comprehension show me where I said you draw a line of 40 officers? I took my number from yours. So again I will ask.....when your little band of 10 shows up to a group of 100 maybe even some of them armed with AR15s and the mob decides they aren't getting arrested tonight.....then what? I guess just like Trump said, the shooting should start in your mind.

I am not going to argue that the Governor and Mayors have done everything right, but you are way over simplifying the solution to how to handle an extremely difficult situation when the mob far outnumbers those tasked with controlling it.

Blacks make up 6% of the population of Minnesota. Are you saying that 6% of the looters, or less, are black? Don't you think you should be at least a little bit believable?

You know what would be believable? If you'd just come out and say what you really want to say: you'd be more comfortable if black people would "know their place and go back to being quiet and subservient".

I know it's a scary time for you. You don't like change. Look how much you cried about people standing for football games. Shit, if black people had a voice that was actually heard, that would just be too much you to handle.

You said you form up 4-5 10 man teams to go arrest everyone breaking curfew no matter what. In terms of reading comprehension show me where I said you draw a line of 40 officers? I took my number from yours. So again I will ask.....when your little band of 10 shows up to a group of 100 maybe even some of them armed with AR15s and the mob decides they aren't getting arrested tonight.....then what? I guess just like Trump said, the shooting should start in your mind.

I am not going to argue that the Governor and Mayors have done everything right, but you are way over simplifying the solution to how to handle an extremely difficult situation when the mob far outnumbers those tasked with controlling it.

Oh yes, give in to the mobs, that will fix things. No wonder you voted for those clowns who are utterly failing in their sworn duty. This is simply what you and other people foolish enough to vote DFL get for putting your trust that such men and women have pursued though out the past 52 years. Freedom and responsibility must be maintained or you end up with neither.

You know what would be believable? If you'd just come out and say what you really want to say: you'd be more comfortable if black people would "know their place and go back to being quiet and subservient".

I know it's a scary time for you. You don't like change. Look how much you cried about people standing for football games. Shit, if black people had a voice that was actually heard, that would just be too much you to handle.

This is not a scary time for me at all. Why would it be, I don't live with or near these idiots, by choice. Hell, I was raised for 20 years in Chicago so I have seen all of this many times before. And if I were to live another 74 years I would see exactly the same things happen many, many more times. Its how they roll. A community that can not keep tens of thousands of their own members from being killed by each other is never going to be able to keep one, two or three of their members from being killed by non members of their community. And each time that happens, no matter what the rest of do, or pass, or concede, or charge, or send to jail, or fail to change, they will have the excuse to loot and burn some more. So enjoy the moment all you want. You earned it. It will be interesting to see the reaction of the voters in November (no prediction made).

I am old enough to remember MLK and the Civil Rights marches in the South.
Nonviolence was the motto for the marchers. Let the world see that we have the moral high ground and let the world see that the violence of the white mobs and police towards us that shows that we are strong and right.
We marched and protested the war in Viet Nam and help organize the only anti war march in St Paul.
We always got a march or parade permit and never threw rocks at the police. If we failed to get a permit and marched anyway or threw rocks the police would have beat us senseless.
The police riot in Chicago at the 1968 Democratic Convention where peaceful demonstrators were beaten is what police everywhere were anxious to do.
Recently without permits BLM protestors blocked traffic and disrupted the interstate and the governor and mayors did nothing. A lesson was learned.
Arson and looting is not using your First Amendment rights. Both are crimes and play into Trump's narrative that people of color are less than whites, lawless and prone to violence and crime.
I have hard the mantra "outside agitators" by elected officials trying to cover up or explain protests since the civil rights era and the anti war era.
Those were not outside agitators trashing and looting Target stores, TJ Max and liquor stores.
They shamed themselves and distracted from the murder of a Black person by the police.
The governors and mayors demonstrated the classic MN respnse of hating confrontation and fear of being labeled racist. Too little and too late to marshal a massive police presence which is the only way to quell a riot.

Oh yes, give in to the mobs, that will fix things. No wonder you voted for those clowns who are utterly failing in their sworn duty. This is simply what you and other people foolish enough to vote DFL get for putting your trust that such men and women have pursued though out the past 52 years. Freedom and responsibility must be maintained or you end up with neither.

You are truly one of the worst things to ever happen to this board. Time to join those wise posters that decided to put you on ignore, should have done it a long time ago. Good luck to the rest of you that choose to engage with this prick, I am officially leaving that group.

Every freaking person talking has mentioned white supremacists AND anarchists. Jesus Christ, you're demented.

Oh, I can't wait til you cry in a pool of your own piss in November.
Ummmm. It’s a nice day. Shut down and head outside

You are truly one of the worst things to ever happen to this board. Time to join those wise posters that decided to put you on ignore, should have done it a long time ago. Good luck to the rest of you that choose to engage with this prick, I am officially leaving that group.

Run to your safe space, wise choice.

I am black and have a voice. As you know, people are not good or bad based on the color of their skin. I am not part of a conservative right or a progressive left. I do not think white supremists are part of this looting and arson as they would stand out in this crowd. Not sure what film people are looking at. Most people can agree that excessive force , criminal force was used on george. Due process will likely prevail. Protests are different then riots, i have protested but i never stole something or damaged property.

I am black and have a voice. As you know, people are not good or bad based on the color of their skin. I am not part of a conservative right or a progressive left. I do not think white supremists are part of this looting and arson as they would stand out in this crowd. Not sure what film people are looking at. Most people can agree that excessive force , criminal force was used on george. Due process will likely prevail. Protests are different then riots, i have protested but i never stole something or damaged property.
Perfect synopsis. Seems way to hard to find level headed people during this chaos.

Could not agree with your thoughts more than I do. Thank you for posting.

Basically the gist of it was that he's a small town kid and he didn't like the urban campus setting

It is all about a seventeen/eighteen year-old kid trying to make the best decision for himself about fit, etc...

While I feel bias about him going to the U, I wish him luck.

I'd say Fleck and the rest of the football program is handling this just fine.

Austin Booker just signs with Minnesota despite the current atmosphere going on with the murder of George Floyd, which was a travesty. I support the protests that are going on but not the burning and damaging of property. Stop the violence.
Booker and others realize that an education at the University of Minnesota along with the mentoring of these coach's, shows the world that Minneapolis is a great city and state, with a great University and to have the chance to play football at the highest level while fulfilling a dream of possibly being the National Champion. Minneapolis, as I know it, has for the most part great people with strong ethical morals and is a beautiful diverse city.
We need to all "stand together as we are equal"...

I like your post but it seems a bit naive to think that white supremacists can't blend in? There are all colors of faces protesting, rioting and looting. But really, you're implying an ideology has a certain look. Yeah, I get that they're white. But there are many white people out there wrecking shit. Extremists from both sides are involved in this destruction.

It has been reported all of the rioters arrested so far have out of state addresses. Minneapolis neighborhood people burning down and looting 170 of their own communities businesses does not seem like something they would continue to do.
The precinct is a statement! The rest is mindless destruction that may never be rebuilt or take many years to piece and peace back together.

As suspected, the overwhelming majority of terrorists are area residents. And not one of thread of evidence there are "white supremacist" groups involved. Left wing Antifa groups have been definitely been involved.

1590879024025.png

Would be interesting to hear Coach Fleck’s take on this whole situation. He’s a big time leader in the Twin Cities community.

Would also be interesting to hear the thoughts of black players on the football team and potential black recruits. Would be interested to hear from the non black guys on the football team as well.
Here is your answer.

Austin Booker just signs with Minnesota despite the current atmosphere going on with the murder of George Floyd, which was a travesty. I support the protests that are going on but not the burning and damaging of property. Stop the violence.
Booker and others realize that an education at the University of Minnesota along with the mentoring of these coach's, shows the world that Minneapolis is a great city and state, with a great University and to have the chance to play football at the highest level while fulfilling a dream of possibly being the National Champion. Minneapolis, as I know it, has for the most part great people with strong ethical morals and is a beautiful diverse city.
We need to all "stand together as we are equal"...
As suspected, the overwhelming majority of terrorists are area residents. And not one of thread of evidence there are "white supremacist" groups involved. Left wing Antifa groups have been definitely been involved.

View attachment 8220

Um, Minnesota is a big "area", don't ya know? Quite a difference between Anoka and South Minneapolis.

View attachment 8220

FWIW I just spoke to a 1st ring suburb police sargent in the last couple hours and his info contradicts this. Maybe not the arrest address part (there are many that have avoided arrest), but the ringleaders are from out of state and have been planning things for a while.

I'm sick and tired of people using this to try and spin these events towards their political leanings. Please, leave it alone.

You can believe anything you want, but there is no definitive evidence of who is behind it. None. All we have is that of about 45 folks arrested in Hennepin County over the past two days, most have Minnesota addresses. That's it. That's where it stops.

If you think anything has been proven one way or the other off of that, you're kidding yourselves.

So if you want to puff out your chests and claim you "know" whose behind it and how it's the left or the right, take it to off-topic board and engage in the daily stupidity that is showcased there.

Let's keep this about the Gopher football team, how it's affecting potential recruits and how African-American players on the team are handling it.

From my perspective, they're doing it quite well.

So Mr J, to be clear.... you believe these are spontaneous protests organized by neighborhood folks?
Folks who go home a few blocks away to sleep with fires burning around them? Folks begging for something please not to explode and demolish the entire area so they wake up dead?

I'll go with people from some where else who are the organizers?
Common sense sometimes is not so common.

So Mr J, to be clear.... you believe these are spontaneous protests organized by neighborhood folks?
Folks who go home a few blocks away to sleep with fires burning around them? Folks begging for something please not to explode and demolish the entire area so they wake up dead?

I'll go with people from some where else who are the organizers?
Common sense sometimes is not so common.

What I believe doesn't matter. What matters is that it gets under control, people in that neighborhood are given their lives back and the police involved are held accountable for their murderous actions.

But since you asked, I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are a number of groups involved. I've found that's what usually happens in a chaotic situation like this. There are protestors who want accountability, there are local opportunists who are only too happy to steal stuff and there are likely outside elements also instigating an assault on civilized society, regardless of what their depraved motivations are.

Too many folks are trying to assign blame to prove they're right and the other side is wrong. And no one really knows anything. That's the real truth here.

As for my background in this case, I know all about that neighborhood. My dad and my aunt grew up there and my grandma lived in that part of Minneapolis for close to 70 years. I spent many, many days over in that part of Minneapolis as a child. And yesterday, the butcher shop my whole family has shopped at for more than 50 years and three generations was attacked and destroyed.

But even with that being the case, I'm not going to assume anything in order to create further division. I'm going to wait it out and see what facts come out and make a personal judgment later. All the rest of this is useless, uninformed posturing.

Now, back to Gopher football.

I'm sick and tired of people using this to try and spin these events towards their political leanings. Please, leave it alone.

You can believe anything you want, but there is no definitive evidence of who is behind it. None. All we have is that of about 45 folks arrested in Hennepin County over the past two days, most have Minnesota addresses. That's it. That's where it stops.

If you think anything has been proven one way or the other off of that, you're kidding yourselves.

So if you want to puff out your chests and claim you "know" whose behind it and how it's the left or the right, take it to off-topic board and engage in the daily stupidity that is showcased there.

Let's keep this about the Gopher football team, how it's affecting potential recruits and how African-American players on the team are handling it.

From my perspective, they're doing it quite well.
Agree.

This is not political.

Every socioeconomic class, every race has their issues w hate, violence, corruption, etc.

Sandra Bland, Tamir Rice, Walter Scott, Eric Garner, Central Park 5, the list goes on and on and on

Once again, it is not political. OTB is an equally good place for this. Let’s keep this on Gopher football.

But emphasis should be made everywhere that this is not a political debate. No officers being arrested for the cold blooded murder of Breonna Taylor is a problem. The police and judicial system have been a problem for as long as anyone can remember (ie highly publicized disappearance of Chaney, Goodman and Schwerner in Mississippi, Rubin Cater’s trial and re trial, etc).

Watch ‘when they see us’on Netflix. Read the background behind why Kaepernick took a knee. Do both.

Continue to understand the meaning of white privilege and that this is not politics (those of you who have posted in miscellaneous items of I lived in Chicago, there are more minorities in the violent protests, the black community has issues w capital crime, etc). Reflect ppl.

I would think this will have very little negative effect on Gopher football recruiting.

What the hell are you talking about lack of leadership? What would you do as governor, tell me wise one. So easy to anonymously sit on here and criticize. Who sent these white supremacists? You really think ALL the people doing this looting and burning are from Minneapolis? The truth will come to light soon.
Take a look at the mayor of Atlanta for an example of what to do, and Atlanta for the results of what was done.

Just got back from volunteering in the Lake Street area. Tons of people out cleaning up. Impressive amount of volunteers. Hopefully our recovery and response is what defines us and not the events of the last week.

Actually the other choice is the noise is loud enough that the system gets broken down. That's the whole point of the protests (not the outside agitators causing damage and violence). You're just so old that you've always remembered oppressing minorities as the solution to all. If that's the answer, then FUCKING YES...let the "democracy" fall.

Gosh, I must be getting old, I do not recall writing any of those thoughts whatsoever. I do recall writing several times that it looked to me that the main officer should certainly be charged with murder and the others would come down to the details of what happened. Do point out to me where I have ever posted that minorities should be oppressed.
Just got back from volunteering in the Lake Street area. Tons of people out cleaning up. Impressive amount of volunteers. Hopefully our recovery and response is what defines us and not the events of the last week.

Which images will remain a year from now?

Top Bottom