Perception to black recruits and their families

Trust me, the last thing that any recruit or family member is worried about is the freaking governor. A rogue police force that might target African-Americans just because? Yeah, that's very much a concern. But the governor? On the list of concerns in this case, Walz is so far down the list it's not even worth mentioning.
I'm guessing 20% of Minnesotans don't know who Walz is.

Keeping pushing your crumbling political agenda. All over in 5 months, baby BABY!!
I agree that recruits don't care about a governor but from a citizens point of view, Walz has shown basically zero leadership throughout this. Tonight goes to show that him and his staff had no plan to stop the rioters.

I am thankful we have coach Fleck more than ever right now. I know he will pull the team together and they will demonstrate leadership in helping our community to heal. Recruits will see that and players that share Fleck’s values and belief in community impact will want to be part of it. It will be inspiring to see, I have no doubt.

WOW. Seriously?? How do you know how much of this has affected them? Just keep them all quiet and hope it blows over?? The problems need to be fixed, not covered up!!

If you think this problem is going to be fixed you have totally missed the last 52 years of American history. No matter what the people of this country have done, no matter how many trillions are spent, no matter what laws have been passed, no matter what has been said there will always be one or more persons in a nation of 330,000,000 people who will do one criminal act which will be the excuse needed to tip off another wave of rioting and looting which will do permanent damage to the cities and states of this once great (but imperfect) country. No improvements of any sort, of any scale, of any significance has been able to change the basic fact that rioting has become the norm and is being encouraged by many, many of our so called leaders. We the people are voting for this sort of country.

Would be interesting to hear Coach Fleck’s take on this whole situation. He’s a big time leader in the Twin Cities community.

Would also be interesting to hear the thoughts of black players on the football team and potential black recruits. Would be interested to hear from the non black guys on the football team as well.

"It is a fine command of the English language to say as little as possible." I hope the coach keeps his public comments to the minimum in this case. He needs, IMHO, to be the calm in the midst of the storm.

My only point is where was the Governor last night?? Hiding under his desk? Leadership was absent. No police until midnight! Seriously?

My only point is where was the Governor last night?? Hiding under his desk? Leadership was absent. No police until midnight! Seriously?

The governor and the two mayors are caught in a politically impossible position in that the two main elements in this situation are both DFL supporters: Blacks and Bernie Sanders Progressives. Having the police arrest either group hurts his base and attacks one of the core beliefs of his party, that the police are the problem. Additionally, he personally comes from the world of "talk to the students nicely".

The governor and the two mayors are caught in a politically impossible position in that the two main elements in this situation are both DFL supporters: Blacks and Bernie Sanders Progressives. Having the police arrest either group hurts his base and attacks one of the core beliefs of his party, that the police are the problem. Additionally, he personally comes from the world of "talk to the students nicely".

But now I'm told by Walz and DPS head John Harrington that 80% of this terrorism is by out of town white supremacists. LOL

Unbelievable the lack of leadership in this state.

But now I'm told by Walz and DPS head John Harrington that 80% of this terrorism is by out of town white supremacists. LOL

What the hell are you talking about lack of leadership? What would you do as governor, tell me wise one. So easy to anonymously sit on here and criticize. Who sent these white supremacists? You really think ALL the people doing this looting and burning are from Minneapolis? The truth will come to light soon.

Actually you fucking quack, they said it could be white supremacists or left wing anarchists or both. A great example of who you are and how you just include what conveniently fits in your lil' agenda.

anybody read the Aaron Witt comments on why he committed to Madison? Pretty much sums up almost everything you need to know about the mind of the mn outstate and suburban sr.

What the hell are you talking about lack of leadership? What would you do as governor, tell me wise one. So easy to anonymously sit on here and criticize. Who sent these white supremacists? You really think ALL the people doing this looting and burning are from Minneapolis? The truth will come to light soon.

Allow me to answer your question.

Here is one of the oldest maxims of conflicts for you and the governor: "He who tries to defend everything defends nothing." On day one you put down the curfew and bring in the help that you know is going to be needed. You are not, NOT, going to have enough officers to defend everything so defend only what must be defended and keep forty to fifty officers free to take offensive action against anyone who breaks the curfew. You form up four or five flying squads of 10 man teams of officers with the sole responsibility to arrest anyone, ANYONE, who breaks the curfew. These squads surround and arrest anyone who breaks the curfew. No exceptions. None. In cars, walking, going to work, whatever. Let the courts sort it out later. Once order is established justice can do its important job.

Last edited:

this video from the middle of the night answered the questions I had from last night:

Actually you fucking quack, they said it could be white supremacists or left wing anarchists or both. A great example of who you are and how you just include what conveniently fits in your lil' agenda.

Does the white supremacist statement make any sense to you? Why would white supremacists want to burn down and or loot stores primarily owned by white capitalists? I mean other than a few nut jobs? I can see why the Antifa type would want exactly that. I just took the white supremacist argument as DFL speak.

Allow me to answer your question.

Here is one of the oldest maxims of conflicts for you and the governor: "He who tries to defend everything defends nothing." On day one you put down the curfew and bring in the help that you know is going to be needed. You are not, NOT, going to have enough officers to defend everything so defend only what must be defended and keep forty to fifty officers free to take offensive action against anyone who breaks the curfew. You form up four or five flying squads of 10 man teams of officers with the sole responsibility to arrest anyone, ANYONE, who breaks the curfew. These squads surround and arrest anyone who breaks the curfew. No exceptions. None. In cars, walking, going to work, whatever. Let the courts sort it out later. Once order is established justice can do its important job.

Cool and where do we keep those thousands of people that were breaking curfew all over the state. What happens when the mob that greatly outnumbers the 40-50 police start fighting back against the officers trying to arrest them? Do you start shooting, ratchet it up to another level and leave dead bodies all over the street?

Does the white supremacist statement make any sense to you? Why would white supremacists want to burn down and or loot stores primarily owned by white capitalists? I mean other than a few nut jobs? I can see why the Antifa type would want exactly that. I just took the white supremacist argument as DFL speak.

They have found calls to action on white supremacist sites. So there's that.

But really, I think you're oblivious. Why would white supremacists want to make this look worse? They know black people are having a moment to call attention on a huge scale to police murder and brutality and inequality. So of course it makes sense to change the focus from protest to destruction, violence and looting. How is that motive so hard to grasp? It changes the tone of this whole thing from justified anger to senseless destruction.

anybody read the Aaron Witt comments on why he committed to Madison? Pretty much sums up almost everything you need to know about the mind of the mn outstate and suburban sr.

Can you please share the link to his comment?

But really, I think you're oblivious. Why would white supremacists want to make this look worse? They know black people are having a moment to call attention on a huge scale to police murder and brutality and inequality. So of course it makes sense to change the focus from protest to destruction, violence and looting. How is that motive so hard to grasp? It changes the tone of this whole thing from justified anger to senseless destruction.

Haha, internet tough guy douchebag. If indeed there is any white supremacist involvement, it's less than 1% of the problem yet Harrington leads with them being the main offenders. Dems. are in trouble due to terrible leadership and now they will go with any narrative deflecting their incompetency.

But really, I think you're oblivious. Why would white supremacists want to make this look worse? They know black people are having a moment to call attention on a huge scale to police murder and brutality and inequality. So of course it makes sense to change the focus from protest to destruction, violence and looting. How is that motive so hard to grasp? It changes the tone of this whole thing from justified anger to senseless destruction .

Because I have seen this black riot routine so many times before in my 74 years and I can see the pictures for myself of how the looters are overwhelmingly black this time as they are every time. The fact that you do not see that in the pictures is very telling re your bias.

Because I have seen this black riot routine so many times before in my 74 years and I can see the pictures for myself of how the looters are overwhelmingly black this time as they are every time. The fact that you do not see that in the pictures is very telling re your bias.

They're actually not overwhelmingly black. Watch the videos. Watch the freaking live feed. It's not a "black riot routine" at this point. You and your racist friends are the only one saying that.

Haha, internet tough guy douchebag. If indeed there is any white supremacist involvement, it's less than 1% of the problem yet Harrington leads with them being the main offenders. Dems. are in trouble due to terrible leadership and now they will go with any narrative deflecting their incompetency.

Every freaking person talking has mentioned white supremacists AND anarchists. Jesus Christ, you're demented.

Oh, I can't wait til you cry in a pool of your own piss in November.

Cool and where do we keep those thousands of people that were breaking curfew all over the state. What happens when the mob that greatly outnumbers the 40-50 police start fighting back against the officers trying to arrest them? Do you start shooting, ratchet it up to another level and leave dead bodies all over the street?

Reading comprehension problem once again, the police are in flying squads hitting curfew violates wherever they are. Hit and run pick ups putting those caught behind bars. At no point do you draw a line of 40 officers until you have the thousands of police and military needed to do so. This got out of hand because the governor let it. Certainly after the first night it was clear that he and the mayors had no idea what they were going to do to stop the looting. There are lock up locations all over the state. Whatever it takes. Your plan, his plan is to let the looting and burning go on until the looters get tired of stealing stuff. When will that be? Again, I am a history person, the riots are stopped or the democracy falls. There is no other choice in history.

They're actually not overwhelmingly black. Watch the videos. Watch the freaking live feed. It's not a "black riot routine" at this point. You and your racist friends are the only one saying that.

Blacks make up 6% of the population of Minnesota. Are you saying that 6% of the looters, or less, are black? Don't you think you should be at least a little bit believable?

Reading comprehension problem once again, the police are in flying squads hitting curfew violates wherever they are. Hit and run pick ups putting those caught behind bars. At no point do you draw a line of 40 officers until you have the thousands of police and military needed to do so. This got out of hand because the governor let it. Certainly after the first night it was clear that he and the mayors had no idea what they were going to do to stop the looting. There are lock up locations all over the state. Whatever it takes. Your plan, his plan is to let the looting and burning go on until the looters get tired of stealing stuff. When will that be? Again, I am a history person, the riots are stopped or the democracy falls. There is no other choice in history.

Actually the other choice is the noise is loud enough that the system gets broken down. That's the whole point of the protests (not the outside agitators causing damage and violence). You're just so old that you've always remembered oppressing minorities as the solution to all. If that's the answer, then FUCKING YES...let the "democracy" fall.

Top Bottom