Penn State still trying to find ways to avoid taking THEIR medicine re Sandusky

Do you always get this silly when someone takes an opposing view? The NCAA sanctions, the criminal process and the civil process are three separate entities. A stupid person would not understand why you would want them to be an either or deal. Unfortunate for you old smart one, all three will apply, Sandusky will spend the rest of his sorry life in prison (I'm sure you're for that), Penn State will be sued to the tune of hundreds of millions (I'm sure you don't care about that either) and most/best of all.......the Penn State football program will suffer (which will cause great pain to idiots who put sports programs above innocent children being raped).

Pretty good for a stupid guy...huh?;)

I agree with this. Those that posit the NCAA should defer because this is "a criminal and/or civil matter" are failing to recognize that this does not preclude the NCAA from imposing it's own penalties. They are not mutually exclusive acts and civilized societies are full of similar examples.

Not that they aren't entitled to that position, just don't couch the argument for that position as being anything more than their opinion.

I agree with this. Those that posit the NCAA should defer because this is "a criminal and/or civil matter" are failing to recognize that this does not preclude the NCAA from imposing it's own penalties. They are not mutually exclusive acts and civilized societies are full of similar examples.

Not that they aren't entitled to that position, just don't couch the argument for that position as being anything more than their opinion.

Differing views is a good thing.

Unfortunately, the sportfan24 post you are agreeing with contains at least three extremely false accusations against me. That is not 'different views'. Whether that is from his inability to understand or just an intentional mean-spirited out and out lie, I can't tell.

sportfan24 has zero credibility.

Differing views is a good thing.

Unfortunately, the sportfan24 post you are agreeing with contains at least three extremely false accusations against me. That is not 'different views'. Whether that is from his inability to understand or just an intentional mean-spirited out and out lie, I can't tell.

sportfan24 has zero credibility.

Let me get this straight....I offended......you? Well please except my apology. I'm sorry for suggesting you are stupid and questioning your reading comprehension......oh wait a minute that's what you did to....me.

Question? Do you refer to your parents as mom and dad or aunt and uncle?

Let me get this straight....I offended......you? Well please except my apology. I'm sorry for suggesting you are stupid and questioning your reading comprehension......oh wait a minute that's what you did to....me.

Question? Do you refer to your parents as mom and dad or aunt and uncle?

Only after you posted this:
"It made plenty of sense to me. What doesn't make sense to me is that you refuse to understand that Penn State representatives covered up child rape.".....you then followed that up by making more false accusations. You brought on everything by yourself.

BTW your last sentence/question is really classy.

I have difficulty reading or participating in so-called discussions of absolutes. There will be criminal, civil, and institutional penalties involved in this no matter what my or your opinion is on what they should be or how appropriate they are.

1. Crimes were committed;
2. Cover-ups of #1 occurred;
3. An institution benefited financially and image-wise from #2;
4. Top players decided to attend and play for this institution because of the ruses perpetrated in #2 and #3;
5. All end up getting punished. It is what it is.

The punishment is really for #2, and it will impact #3 and #4. It's a simple fact of logic and history.

I don't oppose the NCAA actions because I think that civil and criminal penalties preclude them from being able to, I just don't think they are effective and they punish the wrong people. If Penn State had kept an official who was actually involved in the cover up, I would have no problem with the NCAA saying that Penn State could not play in the postseason unless it fired that person, or banning any school from postseason play if they hired that person.

I still believe that the NCAA's biggest motivation in its actions was trying to make itself look tough.

Top Bottom