Penn State sells out 21,000 student ticket allotment in six minutes

I can just imagine the posts if PSU did get the death penalty.

They should have gotten two death penalties.

No way, this is really terrible - they should have gotten four death penalties.

You other posters don't realize the seriousness of this - they should get ten death penalties.

They should chop the legs off all the PSU students................................................................................................................................................................and so.

When you're getting taken to school by Wren, of all people, you should probably just concede defeat and limp away.

You should probably just stfu dopodoll. Enough is enough. You, of all people just never seem to know when to stfu. You tell others to stfu all the time. Well dopodoll, it is time for you to stuff it.

You should probably just stfu dopodoll. Enough is enough. You, of all people just never seem to know when to stfu. You tell others to stfu all the time. Well dopodoll, it is time for you to stuff it.

You do realize that I agree with you, correct? Of course you can't see that through your vitriol.

It appears that wren is having trouble with finding the right dose for his drugs again. Mr. Babble is now giving advice on when to stfu. What a great comedy routine!

When you're getting taken to school by Wren, of all people, you should probably just concede defeat and limp away.

When you add "of all people", the person being referenced would probably consider that an insult, as he seemed to indicate.

I can just imagine the posts if PSU did get the death penalty.

They should have gotten two death penalties.

No way, this is really terrible - they should have gotten four death penalties.

You other posters don't realize the seriousness of this - they should get ten death penalties.

They should chop the legs off all the PSU students................................................................................................................................................................and so.

One death penalty per victim would be a start and screw all the Perv State apologists.

When you add "of all people", the person being referenced would probably consider that an insult, as he seemed to indicate.

In most situations, I'd agree. However, I don't think I've ever gotten even a backhanded compliment from dpod, so I'd probably be pretty excited to get one, even if he added "of all people" to my name.

As a loyal Penn State alumni and Gopher Football season ticket holder and fan I can state that ALL Nittany Lion fans are horrified by what Sandusky did, and have great sympathy for the victims, as I am sure all of you do. Not all of us are happy with the way the board of trustees handled things, including the Freeh report and firing JoePa over the phone. However, most of us know this was a tough situation for all to be put in. Not many of us are happy with the way the media took this and ran with it at max volume, and without critical thought. Not many of us are happy about how the NCAA piled on and leveraged their power, with one eye towards public relations, as is usual. The vast majority of us love Joe Paterno and what he tried to represent during his lifetime. Most of us hope that this whole tragedy has made everyone more aware of the realities of child abuse. Sandusky was a charismatic figure in Pennsylvania, and, through his charity, was tied in tightly with the politicians, corporate heads, and powerful figures on the BOT. Joe was a football coach and a regular guy. I don't know if there was a cover up at the administrative level, but the many upcoming trials and lawsuits will reveal more. My heart will be further broken if Joe is shown complicit in any of that. I will be next to many of you in the stands this next season cheering on the Gophers, but will be keeping my eye on the scoreboard for the Blue and White. WE ARE........!

Care to elaborate on your position? You're usually better than this.

I've made my position pretty clear in the past, but perhaps that was before you were posting here. No NCAA rules were broken, so the NCAA has no jurisdiction. By insinuating themselves into a situation where they have no business meddling, they are making football seem as important (or more important) than real life, which we all know isn't true. The NCAA needs to stick with enforcing its own rules and not attempt to inflate its own importance by dealing with criminal matters.

You are of course entitled to your opinion. If that were really the case the lawsuits would be flying fast and furious. To date the suits filed have been thrown out or are so weak they are doomed to failure.

You are of course entitled to your opinion. If that were really the case the lawsuits would be flying fast and furious. To date the suits filed have been thrown out or are so weak they are doomed to failure.

Please link one of these suits that were thrown out, I am curious about them

Sorry for the delay, I've been very busy. I shouldn't be surprised by all this when we hear so many, including some smart attorneys, that misunderstand the antitrust laws or even the concept of a cartel (eg the O'Bannon, Kessler lawsuits). These cases are more about emotion.

The NCAA did not overstep. The trials should flesh out the arguments a little more for all of us.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9348652/judge-tosses-lawsuit-pa-governor-ncaa

The Paterno lawsuit involves defamation issues more so than whether NCAA was within its rights. http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...bellefonte-pennsylvania-jerry-sandusky-102813

Top Bottom