Paul Carter

EaganGopher

Reaction score
I just wanted to give another shout out for Paul Carter. 4-5 from the field, big basket at the end of the game, etc. I really would like to see him on the court more. He seemed to do everything right once again. Glad to see him finally get some playing time at the end of the game. Hopefully Tubby will continue to find more confidence in him.

I just wanted to give another shout out for Paul Carter. 4-5 from the field, big basket at the end of the game, etc. I really would like to see him on the court more. He seemed to do everything right once again. Glad to see him finally get some playing time at the end of the game. Hopefully Tubby will continue to find more confidence in him.

You just beat me to posting this! That dunk at the end was huge, but 10 pts, 4 boards, 1 assist - in 23 minutes is solid. I like what I see out of him.

Shout out to Devoe too - I think most of us would like to have another PG, but he was 7-8 from the line, and was our leading scorer with 16 points. He is not a great FT shooter for a guard, but he stepped it up today.

Play of the Game - Carter's dunk to go up 4 with 30 seconds left.

Not really sure why his minutes haven't increased as the year went along. Tubby just doesn't seem to trust him or he's the forgotten man (maybe because he's a tweener? not a guard, not a post?).

Loved Carter today. I really like him and wish he played more. Recently I think he has just been the odd man out because of the rotation with two bigs more and Johnson has been playing well. Today, Carter was as good as or better than Johnson, so he got some more time.

I really like Carter's game. As much as I like DJ, I think Carter will fill his shoes next year without skipping a beat. Then it's up to someone to replace Carter's current bench role. Mbakwe could help with all of that, if he's not a convicted felon.

I was so happy to see him go up and dunk that one with authority, if he had missed a layup there I am not sure what I would've done. He had a big game today.

Not really sure why his minutes haven't increased as the year went along. Tubby just doesn't seem to trust him or he's the forgotten man (maybe because he's a tweener? not a guard, not a post?).

He plays the same position as Damian.

He plays the same position as Damian.

Exactly. I think Paul is set for a real nice senior year. His jumper has improved all year and should create some matchup issues at the 3 with a strong 4 on the court.

Since Iverson started paying more, we are 3-1 with a one-point loss to a team that may be ranked #1 on Monday. Iverson may look ugly and he will make mistakes (like everyone on this team), but he has been a huge factor in this turnaround.

He played very well again today, IMO.

They can both play the 3 and 4 positions, PC needs to see more minutes. I would much rather see him out there than Iverson.

You need to watch Iverson more. It is obvious when he messes up, but the little things matter too.

Since Iverson started paying more, we are 3-1 with a one-point loss to a team that may be ranked #1 on Monday. Iverson may look ugly and he will make mistakes (like everyone on this team), but he has been a huge factor in this turnaround.

Good thoughts on Iverson. We've played tougher and more physical since his minutes have increased. He is starting to find a nice role on this team and I hope he continues to get the opportunity to grow.

Go Gophers!!

Carter.

I agree on Carter. The light seems to have gone on with him. His shot looks better and he seems more under control. I was wondering why he didn't play more against Purdue as his ability to cover more ground in the zone might have helped against Purdues quick ball movement, as opposed to having Sampson and Iverson try and rotate and close out.

Both Ralph and Colt have had issues this year with missed close-in shots, but lately they both seem to have a softer touch around the basket and more shots going in.

I never thought Tubby could be bought for playing time.. Im just kidding. I like the energy and toughness that Colt brings. He's willing to throw his body around and do the dirty work.

Colt has added a physical presence that has really helped over the past 3 or 4 games. He is a very good passer into the post for RSIII. He still needs some more work on his hands and touch around the basket but I hope that will come in the next 2 years. Paul Carter has played with great passion and hustle all year long. His shooting seems to be getting better as the season progresses. I think if we can add Trevor to Colt, Carter and RSIII we will be as tough inside as anyone in the BT. Now if we can only add a top notch point guard!

PC has been playing some great basketball. It makes me think that we'll miss Damien less than I thought we would next year. Hopefully he keeps improving.

I really like carters game as well... I really like having both him and Damien on the floor at the same time. When we have a lineup of Carter, Johnson and Sampson/Iverson we are really long and it makes it difficult for teams to shoot over us.

Top Bottom