Patterson to Colorado

The bigger issue is if Colorado doesn't get to a bowl game, it is likely they will all be fired at the end of next year. If I'm Clay, I'm not sure I would leave the current situation in Minnesota to hook my wagon up to a head coach who just fired a bunch of guys to save his own job. That usually doesn't end well.
On the flip side….If the offense plays well but the team goes 5-7 and fires their coach…Sanford is probably a 2nd tier candidate to be the next head coach and Patterson a candidate to be the next OC.

Kirk already said that was because we didn't previously have the types of athletes at TE who he would want to throw to a lot. He also said he thinks that is different now on his second go round.
Won’t surprise me if BSF goes to camp and/or makes a Sunday squad - elite athlete and would be fun to see him flex out - love that wrinkle in an offense.

On the flip side….If the offense plays well but the team goes 5-7 and fires their coach…Sanford is probably a 2nd tier candidate to be the next head coach and Patterson a candidate to be the next OC.

I'd say probably not, but I guess you never know.

How much more is he getting paid? A nice one year raise is worth the risk. Plus there will be plenty of jobs available after next year if he gets canned.

I don't know what Patterson is making at Colorado.

Patterson made $255k this past season at MN.

The Colorado TE coach who was fired made $200k and is owed $200k for the coming season, as he was still under contract.

I don't know what Patterson is making at Colorado.

Patterson made $255k this past season at MN.

The Colorado TE coach who was fired made $200k and is owed $200k for the coming season, as he was still under contract.
Dang, was their TE coach so bad they needed to pay him $200k NOT to coach?! That's rough.

I too would say probably not
Yeah, unless Colorado has a record breaking season, I can't envision a scenario where Sanford would even be considered a potential candidate if they fire their coach. They'll clean house.

I think there is a better chance they can Sanford after a year or so and maybe Patterson can pull a Joe Rossi on that OC position.

I think there is a better chance they can Sanford after a year or so and maybe Patterson can pull a Joe Rossi on that OC position.
I don’t know enough about Colorado athletics department politics to even know how hot the head guys seat is

I think he thought it might be a good lon-term opportunity. Good luck to him.......

Top Bottom