Parts of sports movies that disappointed you

Other gears that were grinded, while I'm here:
-Bump Bailey really would have died having gone through the wall? Wood chips pierced his carotid, left on cutting room floor.
-Why was Mick allowed to stand under the basket while the rest of the Dragons & Beavers had to go to the bench while Scott Howard was attempting his 2 free throws at the end of the epic comeback? Needed to make him look more like a heel and damn the rules!
-Why was Joe Kane getting Heisman race questions after ESU's first week win over Mississippi State? The ESU hype machine is just that powerful!
-I think Happy Gilmore took 8 strokes chopping at the ball in anger, yet he only dropped a few strokes. Yes, they overlooked his touching the hazard with his clubface because of his affect on ratings.
-The scoring system during the Lawrence-LaRusso final fight at the 1984 All-Valley Karate Tournament always has confused me..... Clearly you were not paying close enough attention to the slo-mo replay.
-Ivan Drago shoved the ref out of the way when he tried to stop the fight in the 2nd round vs. Apollo Creed.....shouldn't he have been brought up on manslaughter charges because of this physical dismissal of the ref? This was a non-sanctioned fight and Drago never left the USSR or maybe he would have been arrested. Don't forget Apollo wanted to keep fighting.
-Staying with the Rocky theme: Best fighter entrance: Apollo in I, Apollo in IV, Drago in IV in Russia, or Pretty Ricky Conlan in Creed? Sorry, best fighter entrance in a Rocky movie clearly goes to Thunderlips! Especially for his entrance after Rocky rolls him over the top rope.

In Glory Road, I was always disappointed to the minimal level that they exposed Adolf Rupp. Someone should have taken a swing at the guy!

Top Bottom