Parker Fox Suffers Season-Ending Knee Injury

GopherLady

Reaction score
Official from the U of MN press release:

MINNEAPOLIS-University of Minnesota head men's basketball coach Ben Johnson has announced today that redshirt junior forward Parker Fox (Mahtomedi, Minn.) has suffered a season-ending right knee injury Monday during practice.

"We're obviously disappointed for Parker, especially for how hard he worked to get back on the court this year," head coach Ben Johnson said. "We're here to support him in any way we can as he moves forward in this recovery process."

Fox missed the 2021-22 season due to a left knee injury he suffered before committing to Minnesota in April 2021. Prior to coming to Minnesota, Fox played three seasons at Northern State in Aberdeen, S.D., where he ended his career as the NSIC North Division Defensive Player of the Year, Player of the Year and an all-conference honoree. He was also a NABC and D2CCA All-American.

So very cruel. Maybe, the guy with the longest lifetime dream of being a Gopher...he gets the offer...he is ecstatic to be a Gopher. He gets injured and has to sit out the season. He diligently rehabs, he's in the best shape of his life and anxious to contribute. Working out with his teammates and excited for the anticipated new beginning....boom gone...out for the year.

If you made it up nobody would believe you. Especially, because it has happened to both knees.
Life can be so very hard. One door closes and another opens. Hopefully, someone seizes the opportunity.

If I coached the University of Minnesota mens basketball team I would want an 18 man roster.
Of course, they would all stay healthy :) ... seems how things work. Be nice to have different problems one of these seasons.

Hang in there Parker!

Man, feel really bad for the guy. Bad luck.

I'm glad they came out with it, clean and transparent.

Crap news, very sorry for Parker. Heal up!!

Realize the Gopher’s are deepest at this position, but sure put a damper on good vibes I was feeling for this year. Can’t imagine how Parker feels. Both Curry and Parker are such likable guys too. Damn.

When I see unfortunate events like this, I sometimes think of the line "It is written" from the classic film, Lawrence of Arabia. It was an expression used by the Arabs in the film meaning that some tragic events were just predestined and efforts to avoid them would come to nought.

Apparently, despite the best efforts of those involved, it looks like Parker Fox will never play here. I guess Treyton Thompson's and Ola-Joseph's developments now become more important than they were a week ago.

When I see unfortunate events like this, I sometimes think of the line "It is written" from the classic film, Lawrence of Arabia. It was an expression used by the Arabs in the film meaning that some tragic events were just predestined and efforts to avoid them would come to nought.

Apparently, despite the best efforts of those involved, it looks like Parker Fox will never play here. I guess Treyton Thompson's and Ola-Joseph's developments now become more important than they were a week ago.
Agree. I think that Treyton and Joseph now become needed bench and Payne and Ihnen become "must be solid" players in order for this team to make a move. This certainly accelerates the Payne path and if this had to happen (I wish it did not) it is better that it happened now. The challenge has now been laid out for Payne and Ihnen and to a degree the other two.

He can come out of this with two better than new knees.

Keep your head up Parker.

Seriously????? That's your take?? "It looks like Parker Fox will never play here." Wow. Shame on you. With fans like you.........

Seriously????? That's your take?? "It looks like Parker Fox will never play here." Wow. Shame on you. With fans like you.........

Piss off, dolt. I'd try to explain the remarks to you but it isn't worth my time and you're probably too dumb to get them anyway.

This post doesn't even make sense. Yeah shame on someone for having an opinion. Only a terrible fan would think a guy who has had 2 knee surgeries and will miss two straight years of games might never play at all. That definitely doesn't have any merit.

Piss off, dolt. I'd try to explain the remarks to you but it isn't worth my time and you're probably too dumb to get them anyway.
So says our learned superior.

Seriously, if anyone has any connections to the U bball team, they would benefit to be made aware of this guy's training principles.

Last edited:

Interesting, outside the box ideas.
Yeah, his story and the success testimonies for athletes recovering from knee injuries is quite amazing. His whole training approach is to make the knee resilient so that it will not get injured.

Here's a video that might directly relate to these knee injuries:

Last edited:

Man came here because I’ve been mostly on the football board for the last month and saw the headline and thought it was an update from last year. Then I saw the date and I feel horrible for this young man. So sorry to hear Mr. Fox, was really looking forward to watching your game, heal up and come back stinger! On another note it looks like the young fellas are going to get some serious minutes.

Top Bottom