Panagos to Rutgers

It’ll be interesting to see Fleck reunites on the field with Schiano when Rutgers comes to TCF Banks in 2022. Mentoree vs Mentor

A curious lateral move unless he is going to be the DC.
His DL at MN was not very good but perhaps Schiano sees something I do not.
Or else Schiano had no better choices.
In the recent past the whole athletic dept at Rutgers was a mess. That may have changed.
It's not curious at all. He's a Brooklyn native, already coached at Rutgers previously, and his son and wife are both Rutgers alums.

Schiano's plan all along was to take the Butger's job, and he's scared about playing Minnesota. Panagos was a spy planted by Schiano to infiltrate our ranks. His cover was about to get blown, so rather than stick around for the fallout, he got called back to Butger's HQ. Or maybe he just likes living in the NJ/NY area and wanted to get back there.

It's not curious at all. He's a Brooklyn native, already coached at Rutgers previously, and his son and wife are both Rutgers alums.

Bingo. That is it in a nutshell. People on this board want recruits to stay home. Well, this guy is going home to the East Coast. Can't fault him for that.

And - Fleck has said several times that he doesn't stand in the way of assistant coaches who want to move on.

I would be surprised if there are any hard feelings here.

I suspect the conversation went like this:

Panagos: "Hey, PJ, Greg wants me to come back to Rutgers and work for him, and I'd get to be closer to my family."

Fleck: "Sounds like a great opportunity for you. Tell Greg I said Hi."

Top Bottom