Panagos to Rutgers

Hopefully we can find the right guy and get some continuity. The DL this year was far and away our weakest positional group, IMO.

A pre-orchestrated moved to sway Jah Joyner to Rutgers?

This will more than likely cost us Joyner. It's also a bush move on his part to do this on a recruiting weekend. It normally isn't done that way.
Depends who is recruiting him. I’m not sure if Joyner was interested in Minnesota because Panagos was going to be his position coach. Thinking more likely it is Fleck and what the program offers overall (facilities, school, etc).

Depends who is recruiting him. I’m not sure if Joyner was interested in Minnesota because Panagos was going to be his position coach. Thinking more likely it is Fleck and what the program offers overall (facilities, school, etc).
yeah i'd agree and imagine most guys are chasing Fleck not his position coaches. On an aside, how the hell would anyone want to go to Rutgers

Panagos has been recruiting Joyner since he was at Temple.

Man, this guy moves around a lot. He was actually hired to take a job with Georgia Tech, then quit a couple weeks later to come here. I guess he’s from that area, so I get it, but it could have waited a week.

I don't like seeing this ... but from an ethics point of view ....it is better than a kid finding out his position coach is moving on a day after he signed his letter. Is Panagos getting a raise in salary or position? Is there some conflict with Fleck?

This will more than likely cost us Joyner. It's also a bush move on his part to do this on a recruiting weekend. It normally isn't done that way.
LOL - sorry that he didn't run his career move by you before he made it.

I guess that's what we get for having so many guys from the Greg Schiano tree when he returns to college coaching. Might have another defection or two from the position coaches. As long as PJ or Ciarocca don't decide to go be quality control guys there we're fine.

Potentially annoying from a recruiting perspective, but doesn’t seem too damaging from a coaching standpoint.

Who do we try to get to replace him? Which G5/lower tier P5 DL coaches have been doing well?

So, you get a raise. You get a 10 win team. The team is going to play Auburn. The guy bails. I think he is a coward. Not kidding. I think he is a coward. He can't wait to avoid Auburn and bail on his players for an inferior team in the conference that is a doormat for every other team. Pure, unadulterated cowardice.

PJ Fleck himself said he supports coaches that want to move up.

Jah Joyner is from Connecticut. He may want to stay closer to home and play for a coach with good reputation.

LOL - sorry that he didn't run his career move by you before he made it.
Look at you whining again..kinda funny the only thing you do is post at people saying how dumb their comments are. Usually if you disagree you say why in comparison to the opposing point of view. I guess some enjoy acting like a know it all on a message board, so you do you buddy.

PJ Fleck himself said he supports coaches that want to move up.

Jah Joyner is from Connecticut. He may want to stay closer to home and play for a coach with good reputation.

i would disagree Schiano has a good rep.There has been a ton of noise around his hiring at UT and RU. I think a lot of people try to tie him into the PSU scandal which I don’t necessarily know if that Is fair as I don’t know the details. I think that and the UT debacle has kinda created a less positive image than he previously had. Not sure if there is merit in n that but I think people feel that way.

See this Dpo? This is how you can converse and share opinions on a message board. I didn’t imply he was a dumbass with a snarky comment.

Fleck has a binder full of information including suggestions for coaches. I'm sure he'll get a good one that will stay longer than a year.

Did he decide to leave or was he pushed out? Knowledge prefered over opinions, please.

Did he decide to leave or was he pushed out? Knowledge prefered over opinions, please.

They made him an offer he couldn’t refuse. Either his signature or his brains on the contract.

A curious lateral move unless he is going to be the DC.
His DL at MN was not very good but perhaps Schiano sees something I do not.
Or else Schiano had no better choices.
In the recent past the whole athletic dept at Rutgers was a mess. That may have changed.

Top Bottom