PA Running Back Offer- Garmon

First post

Kill only has a couple of scholarships left so why not go and take a (long) shot at a top recruit. It is amazing the number of knuckleheads who suggest you don't even try!?! Kill's first class is fine but if he can land Garmon or some other stud, it puts him over the top. I for one am most pleased Kill is still pounding the pavement for this year's recruiting class and it appears that he is not going to leave any stone unturned. Go after 'em!

Kill only has a couple of scholarships left so why not go and take a (long) shot at a top recruit. It is amazing the number of knuckleheads who suggest you don't even try!?! Kill's first class is fine but if he can land Garmon or some other stud, it puts him over the top. I for one am most pleased Kill is still pounding the pavement for this year's recruiting class and it appears that he is not going to leave any stone unturned. Go after 'em!

He is a 2012 recruit........

Well, Garmon doesn't have an Iowa offer right now, but he probably will. Iowa has been absolutely hammering the Northeast for a few years now, and especially this past year. Over the past 4 recruiting cycles they've signed: 7 from MD, 4 from NJ, 3 from PA, 2 from MA, 1 from NY, and 1 from CT. Perhaps Ferentz has already been onto the whole "cold weather speed" thing that Kill has been talking about.

The difference is that Iowa has been able to beat out several big-time schools to get these types of kids to sign. Minnesota has not. I'll believe it when I see it.

Thing is, if Kill took your advice none of us would ever "see it" because the coaching staff would throw their hands in the air and surrender instead of taking a shot. Talk about a set up for self-fulfilled prophecy. Or are you just in the mood for a debate?

It's not like Kill is going to spend countless hours chasing this kid if he doesn't think he can land him. All he had to do was watch some video and tell someone to mail the kid an offer. Hardly a waste of precious time.

It's not like Kill is going to spend countless hours chasing this kid if he doesn't think he can land him. All he had to do was watch some video and tell someone to mail the kid an offer. Hardly a waste of precious time.

If you approach the recruitment of an athlete in that manner who has other d1 offers, you will land that player 0% of the time.

I have no business speaking for dpo, but I think he got caught in an off-the-cuff remark to start. As fans, we shouldn't expect to land these players. That doesn't mean we should completely avoid them, either. I'm guessing he overstated his position initially, and then defended himself from there.

If you approach the recruitment of an athlete in that manner who has other d1 offers, you will land that player 0% of the time.

If you chase a kid who has zero interest you will land that player 0% of the time too. I'm not saying we should assume the kid has zero interest just because he has good offers, I'm saying a coach should be able to gauge a kids interest and use his time appropriately. Which I am assuming coach Kill is doing.

Top Bottom