Over/Under on the announcement?

I've thought it would likely be Monday, though TJGophers search that shows a number of announcements on Saturday gives me less confidence in my opinion. I think a good line for an over/under would be like Monday at 12:30 pm. Is it done in the morning or not until (or leaked until) later in the day?

I don't think holding on to him in the short term is bad form if he's free to interview elsewhere. I'd be pretty surprised if he hasn't known he's out for at least a couple weeks by now. I do think that there is some benefit to waiting, so the media doesn't focus on the length of the coaching search...even though we're almost assuredly already searching now. Getting some distance between the termination announcement and the Strib story on Coyle's hires might not be a bad idea either.

If Richard indeed gets the New Mexico job as is being speculated/reported, there obviously won't be any announcement of a firing. That's the ideal for both parties, and I hope people here won't be upset by being denied the visceral pleasure of kicking him to the curb.

As my wife and I were just discussing, there should be no hate for Pitino. One can critique his effort on the recruiting trail, but he discharged his duties honorably. Any bad feeling should be reserved for the institution that hired him and kept him on staff too long.

If Richard indeed gets the New Mexico job as is being speculated/reported, there obviously won't be any announcement of a firing. That's the ideal for both parties, and I hope people here won't be upset by being denied the visceral pleasure of kicking him to the curb.

As my wife and I were just discussing, there should be no hate for Pitino. One can critique his effort on the recruiting trail, but he discharged his duties honorably. Any bad feeling should be reserved for the institution that hired him and kept him on staff too long.
I'd cheer for his success at New Mexico, he was hired too early for a conference about to become the toughest in the country.

He has already been bluntly kicked to the curb by plenty of posters....Him leaving the program for another job is essentially being fired...He wanted to stay and Coyle relieved him of his duties...It's all about not paying the buyout at this point.

I’m not sure. May wait to finalize deal with another coach and see if Pitino has soft landing spot lined up. May be a mutual understanding so parties can look and act prepared instead of an embarrassing coaching search like Woody had when hiring Pitino.
Hmm... like I knew something

Weird that hed stop following gopher players even if on his way out
Only thing I can think of is to avoid potential recruiting violations. Especially if he intends to try to get some of them to transfer.

Only thing I can think of is to avoid potential recruiting violations. Especially if he intends to try to get some of them to transfer.
Good theory as to the players, but unfollowing everyone though, like PJ? Seems a bit strange.

Seems petty on the surface.

But I’d never accuse Richard petty.

So, you are giving him the Leidner free pass? ‘ he tried every game’. I respect you too much to honestly believe you feel this way.

Top Bottom