Our future point guard.......

leftyslefty

Reaction score
Andre Hollins scored 38 tonight as his White Station team beat Central 78-74 in OT, to advance to the District Title game against Melrose, and Adonis Thomas.

Can't wait to see this kid wearing the maroon and gold.

Andre may solve our pg hole next year. Having said that I wonder if he would be better suited to play the 2 guard, at least his frosh year.

Andre

Is Andre actually playing PG this year? Seems to score an awful lot for a PG.

Is he really a PG or is he a SG?

:confused:

Is Andre actually playing PG this year? Seems to score an awful lot for a PG.

Is he really a PG or is he a SG?

:confused:

He's played both, but I think at the current moment he's playing SG cause teams really cornered him while he was playing point. Opens up things when he plays off the ball I guess. He has the look of a college point IMO, honestly. He'll probably play plenty off the ball though I'm guessing. Looks like Tubby's planning to bring in a JUCO point, so I'm guessing Andre ends up off the ball more than at the 1.

Really hope this doesn't turn into the Devoe Joseph experiment 2.0

Not to say that Hollins has any kind of character issues...just comparing a failed attempt by Tubby of turning an SG into a PG.

this is just another attempt at turning a SG into a PG. this kid may turn out ok eventually but this isn't the next John Wall. all he will be next year is just another freshmen guard in the B10.

Andre has the skill set to play point guard. He is playing shooting guard now because his team needs a scorer. He is an excellent ball handler and athletic. Cory Joseph's brother was neither.

Is This Bizarro (Seinfeld Reference) GopherHole Thread?

Mostly positive comments here, optimistic anyway.

For the FOOLS that want Tubby gone, Andre Hollins wouldn't have even considered coming here if it wasn't for Tubby.

I like the positivity. This year isn't looking so good, but I like the guys coming in next year. And Coleman and Hollins both seem like people that can create their own shot, something we desperately need.

There's always next year, no matter who is the Gopher coach!

That being said, kudos to Tubby on landing Coleman and Hollins. Now please please please find an adequate PG to fill the spot opened up by Cory Joseph's brother.

There's always next year, no matter who is the Gopher coach!

That being said, kudos to Tubby on landing Coleman and Hollins. Now please please please find an adequate PG to fill the spot opened up by Cory Joseph's brother.

That's my only current concern. Andre and Mav can't be the planned solution to the PG problem next year. This year not having a point guard and suffering the consequences is not Tubby's fault. If the same problems exist next year, I don’t think I’ll feel the same way.

Again...This guy is what 6'3? That's a shooting guard size...Size does not always determine quickness and the ablility to make agile moves, but I think he's more of a SG size. And yes whoever said he scored a lot as a pg is correct! I want to see his assist to turnover ration before I would call him our answer to PG. Cannot wait to have this kid in a Gopher uniform though! He may just be the playmaker we so badly need.

Andre has the skill set to play point guard. He is playing shooting guard now because his team needs a scorer. He is an excellent ball handler and athletic. Cory Joseph's brother was neither.

Good post. Andre Hollins has the physical build, speed, handle & all-round skill set to play PG & Devoe never did. That's it in a nut shell.

Additionally, while Andre will be groomed to play PG under Tubby, he'll also give us another scorer on the team & the flexibility to use him at SG, when our new Juco PG is running the point.

I'm just excited to have a quick, athletic, ball-handler coming in. Unfortunately Nolen has been our only one for a while and hasn't exactly been on the court a ton in the past 2 years.

Top Bottom