Our first offensive play...

matt

Let's get weird
Reaction score
Our first offensive play under Coach Kill will be a read option out of the shotgun in which Gray keeps it and runs to the right for a 6 yard gain.

What say you?

Our first offensive play under Coach Kill will be a read option out of the shotgun in which Gray keeps it and runs to the right for a 6 yard gain.

What say you?

I saw the title and was going to write the exact same thing, although I never thought about the yardage. I'll now say Gray keeps it and runs left.

Duane Bennet straight ahead for 1

What say you?
I think you could very well be correct. Either that or Gray will hand off to Bennett out of the shotgun for a 4 yard gain.

Gray short pass to McKnight for a 5 yard gain.

73 yard flea flicker to Moulton for a TD.

In a surprise move Max Shortell starts and fumbles, but recovers, the openning snap. Marquis is in on the second snap and keeps around the left side for 12 yards and a first down. Naaah!

I've actually been thinking about this the last couple days and with all the noise everyone has been making about running the ball all the time, I've been figuring PA rollout, intended to be a mid-range pass (but Gray probably ends up keeping it himself for a short gain).
They definitely need to make teams in general (and USC in particular) respect that Gray can actually throw the ball too. I think opening with a pass makes that argument, and the play action to keep USC off-balance (which they'll need to do if they're playing to win...which I'm assuming Kill will be.)

I've actually been thinking about this the last couple days and with all the noise everyone has been making about running the ball all the time, I've been figuring PA rollout, intended to be a mid-range pass (but Gray probably ends up keeping it himself for a short gain).
They definitely need to make teams in general (and USC in particular) respect that Gray can actually throw the ball too. I think opening with a pass makes that argument, and the play action to keep USC off-balance (which they'll need to do if they're playing to win...which I'm assuming Kill will be.)

This. USC will anticipate a running play of some sort and will put 8 in the box. Limegrover has prepared Gray for this and Gray flips a pass over the middle to Lair.

The improbable

MG pitches to Bennett, who hurls a long gain to McKnight.

Play action pass, stroke the post :cool:

Gray will run the ball. He needs to take a hit and it should be the first play.

100 grain Muzzy double lunging Mr. Ed in the pregame. That would be offensive.LOL

Handoff to Bennet right up the middle. Nothing fancy. A statement play saying 'we aren't afraid to go right at you'

Gray will run a QB draw for a first down. Need to instill the fear early to open up the rest of the O. Gray takes a hit and it settles his nerves. Gophers go on for a huge upset in a tight game.

Top Bottom