Our chances are good we get the Ax next year at TCF

Part of choosing a school is being loyal to all aspects of that school, sports programs included. This is the only acceptable rationale for 99.999% of the population. If you love Becky so much, go to school there. Going to school at their #1 rival and still cheering for them makes you an even bigger joke. It's not like you chose the U and root for Whitewater. You're cheering directly against your alma mater, which is all kinds of lame and pathetic.

You caught me on my typo. congrats. Maybe you can take a class on remembering what you said 10 mins ago.

You caught me on my typo. congrats. Maybe you can take a class on remembering what you said 10 mins ago.

Typos. And your then/than conundrum is not a typo. It isn't a typo when you do it consistently.

As a follow up to the above recommended curriculum, you can then take "Advanced Statistics: How to Tell the Difference Between 99.999% and 100%."

I never said that it is.

Where you grew up is utterly irrelevant. I grew up in Nowheresville, SD. I'll repeat - if you love Becky so much, go to school there. It's pretty simple.

By the way - since you're a U student, you may want to see if they offer a class in remedial homonym usage. Once you've mastered that, you can take the advanced ESL class "Nowhere - One Word or Two?"

Is there a B1G university in that town that you could grow up rooting for? No? So you haven't had a team ingrained into you since the time you where born and have many of your best memories inextricably linked to that team? So your life and choices are the only acceptable way for someone to live their life and everyone else is a joke?

Its a lot easier to claim what you are claiming when you have no experience of a big time hometown team that you would have to shed. Coming from a home state with literally no teams in any sport at any level above 1-AA to root for, it now makes much more sense to me how you don't get life long loyalty being more highly valued than a four year experience. Your belittling and name calling of any one who disagrees with you is still inexcusable though.

My sister went to Wisconsin in the early 80s. She cheered for the Badgers vs Minnesota. She still cheers for the Badgers against Minnesota.

I would say the same thing to her that dpodoll68 is saying to bigdsrip if she cheered for Minnesota.

I give my other sister a hard time for rooting for the Gophers against UMD (where she graduated from) in hockey.

Dude. Really? Your right my then/than was incorrect. That sometimes happens when you type in an informal setting, such as a FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD. I will take my grammatical errors over your logic/common sense fail of trying to argue that there is a substantive difference between universal truth and 99.9999% in this context. Either way its clear who the troll is when you have to bust out the grammar badge. I'll stop feeding you and let reasonable Gopher fans determine who the joke is at this point.

Personal shots aside, I really hope UMN does turn it around so these games can be close and entertaining again. There have been some close scores in the last ten years thats true. But during those Brewster halftime lead games how confident were you that the U was going to pull it off? Those were some very average UW teams but there was no doubt in my mind, or in any of the fans I was watching with (including Gopher fans) that UW was going to pull it out. We just know our teams and when the going got tough UMN usually folded. That may well be my UW bias coming through so I can absolutely see how those games were examples of UMN competing. Unfortunately for the rivalry those close games are usually followed by a beatdown that swings it back to national irrelevancy.

For some reason, it really bugs me when people call the U by it's domain name of UMN.

My sister went to Wisconsin in the early 80s. She cheered for the Badgers vs Minnesota. She still cheers for the Badgers against Minnesota.

I would say the same thing to her that dpodoll68 is saying to bigdsrip if she cheered for Minnesota.

I give my other sister a hard time for rooting for the Gophers against UMD (where she graduated from) in hockey.

Fair enough. I have had several friends go to other schools and cheer for those schools and I give them crap for turning their back on the Badgers. Not everyones fandom is the same. I believe you pick a team and stick with it, come hell or high water. I disagree with you but that doesn't make you/me a joke or the any other names he has called me in other threads. Thank you for making that point in a civilized and logical manner (assuming you are agreeing with the sentiment in dpodoll68's post and not the petty name calling).

That sometimes happens when you type in an informal setting, such as a FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD.

Yes, I'm sure that consistently misspelling two words of the exact same length (thus precluding your ability to use the "saves time" excuse) is something that you do only in an informal setting. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I will take my grammatical errors over your logic/common sense fail of trying to argue that there is a substantive difference between universal truth and 99.9999% in this context.

Indeed, there is a substantive difference. This is not debatable. It's not my problem that you don't understand percentages.

Either way its clear who the troll is when you have to bust out the grammar badge.

Your abhorrent spelling and grammar skills are merely the cherry on the joke sundae.

I'll stop feeding you and let reasonable Gopher fans determine who the joke is at this point.

I'm certain they'll take the side of a traitorous Becky fan with 37 posts over a dyed-in-the-wool Gopher fan who's been posting here for years and whose loyalty and reputation are both beyond question. Your unimpeachable logic continues to astound.

(By the way, did you note my dazzling use of who's/whose? Amazing!)

Most people can put aside relatively pointless things like who you root for on football saturdays and see who is a dick and who is not. Your arguments are those of a 7 year old. I have never said my way was the right way, I have simply given my opinion, and made many allowances for people to disagree with it. You can be a die hard fan and still act with class. In the 5 years i have been following this board your complete lack of it has been obvious. I would guess many other posters here who share your football allegiances can see this too.

pointless things like who you root for on football saturdays

If it's so "pointless" to you, why do you go out of your way to post about your beloved Becky on a Gophers fan board?

Your arguments are those of a 7 year old.

Then you must frequently lose debates to 7-year-olds.

I would guess many other posters here who share your football allegiances can see this too.

The unfortunate part of your "logic" is that I don't particularly care what most posters here think. I know whose opinions have value, and I know where I stand with them. Give it up, Becky.

Ahhh, the classic DP "break your post into pieces and beat you to death with it" style. Good to see it emerge in this thread lol

Ahhh, the classic DP "break your post into pieces and beat you to death with it" style. Good to see it emerge in this thread lol

tumblr_m4uloa2cbF1qzavcio1_500.png

If it's so "pointless" to you, why do you go out of your way to post about your beloved Becky on a Gophers fan board?

Then you must frequently lose debates to 7-year-olds.

The unfortunate part of your "logic" is that I don't particularly care what most posters here think. I know whose opinions have value, and I know where I stand with them. Give it up, Becky.

I was thinking this thread was pretty boring until I got to that one. That one made me laugh and made it all worth it! I thank you.

Fair enough. I have had several friends go to other schools and cheer for those schools and I give them crap for turning their back on the Badgers. Not everyones fandom is the same. I believe you pick a team and stick with it, come hell or high water. I disagree with you but that doesn't make you/me a joke or the any other names he has called me in other threads. Thank you for making that point in a civilized and logical manner (assuming you are agreeing with the sentiment in dpodoll68's post and not the petty name calling).

Here's why I don't like it: You are physically part of the U. Regardless of how close you lived to the Wisconsin campus, you were never a student there. I just think being a part of a university should mean something.

I have a friend who is a big Gophers fan but went to UMD. He cheers for the Gophers in all sports, and even wants them to win in hockey, just not when they play UMD.

I believe you pick a team and stick with it, come hell or high water.

Let me ask you this: say you get a job working at the University of MN. Would you still rip on the program openly and talk about how great Wisconsin is? I don't see it being any different for students.

I guess I don't look at in terms of what Wisconsin is losing. They actually lose less than the Gophers in terms of seniors. I worry about replacing two cornerbacks who have played decent this year. I strongly doubt that Shabazz and Baltazar can match Carter and Stoudermire. Plus, who know who the 3rd corner will be. I worry about losing Cooper, who I think is the best LB on the team and also Rallis. Throw in Reeves and that is losing probably the two best LB's and a lot of depth. I worry about losing Wilhite, who is the only DE to even get a sniff at a Big Ten QB. I thought Green was the best WR the Gophs had on the field last Saturday. He and Gray had half the catches. I can't get worked up about what Wisconsin loses when I see what needs to be replaced at MN. And I am fearful that what will replace them is not as good as what is leaving. On a sidenote- I would question the claim that White is not durable. He has carried the ball a lot in his career and I do not think he has ever missed any time. A Wisconsin fan can confirm that I guess.

Here's why I don't like it: You are physically part of the U. Regardless of how close you lived to the Wisconsin campus, you were never a student there. I just think being a part of a university should mean something.

I have a friend who is a big Gophers fan but went to UMD. He cheers for the Gophers in all sports, and even wants them to win in hockey, just not when they play UMD.

Let me ask you this: say you get a job working at the University of MN. Would you still rip on the program openly and talk about how great Wisconsin is? I don't see it being any different for students.

Here is where the disconnect is. I don't see my Badger fandom as having anything to do with the school. Its my hometown team, I'm rooting for Madison's team not UW's. To me school choice has nothing to do with athletics. I could be governor of Minnesota and I would still be a Badger fan. I get that people disagree with that, thats fine. You're free to disagree. What pissed me off is that not a single person here has had anything to say about the content of my posts. Its been nothing but personal attacks on me for being loyal to the team I have rooted for my whole life. And my grammar, which somehow means he won I guess. LOL. Never mind the actual content was completely ignored and he just went off on his own tangent, but whatever.

I get it, if you had gone to UW you would all be Badger fans, or Hawkeye fans if you chose Iowa. Thats not how I see it, I see that as being the turncoat traitors for turning your backs on your team. Unless you didn't have a team growing up that you were obsessed with. Are you from dinkytown? Have you been going to Gopher games every year since you were 4? If not I don't think you can judge my situation. And if you have, do you think you would have no problem changing your allegiance and rooting for the Badgers if you went there? Ron Dayne was a part time assisstent coach for my high school team, as were 4 other former Badgers. I had 3 of my high school teammates and friends play and start at UW. Every birthday I have had since I was 4 was celebrated at a Badger game. How do you give that up? Its in my blood. We can have this discussion like adults without the 2nd grade bullying and name calling, which is what you appear to be doing and I appreciate that.

I guess I don't look at in terms of what Wisconsin is losing. They actually lose less than the Gophers in terms of seniors. I worry about replacing two cornerbacks who have played decent this year. I strongly doubt that Shabazz and Baltazar can match Carter and Stoudermire. Plus, who know who the 3rd corner will be. I worry about losing Cooper, who I think is the best LB on the team and also Rallis. Throw in Reeves and that is losing probably the two best LB's and a lot of depth. I worry about losing Wilhite, who is the only DE to even get a sniff at a Big Ten QB. I thought Green was the best WR the Gophs had on the field last Saturday. He and Gray had half the catches. I can't get worked up about what Wisconsin loses when I see what needs to be replaced at MN. And I am fearful that what will replace them is not as good as what is leaving. On a sidenote- I would question the claim that White is not durable. He has carried the ball a lot in his career and I do not think he has ever missed any time. A Wisconsin fan can confirm that I guess.

Finally, back to football! I can see why people could claim White isn't that durable, as he has been a change of pace back his whole career and has never had to carry the load by himself. He did get banged up his freshman year at Iowa but he didn't miss any real time besides that game if I remember correctly. The thing is, is he is most likely not going to be the starter next year either. Most Badger fans think it will be Melvin Gordon, who by all reports is the most talented back on the team. 2B's has called him the best running back he has ever coached in terms of raw talent/athletic ability. He needs to pick up his practice habits a little, but so do most freshmen. He's averaging 7.4 YPC already this year in spot duty and went for 112 against UTEP earlier this year on 8 carries. White should remain the change of pace guy next year.

You guys return Hageman don't you? I would expect big things from him in his senior year, but i can see why you don't want to get too worked up on him given his underwhelming career so far. Still he's a great piece to build around in year three, and Kill has developed guys everywhere he has been. Hopefully it all comes together for him next year.

Top Bottom