Oto's injury

cncmin

Reaction score
Anyone have any information on Oto - looked like a concussion - I didn't see him on the bench at the end of the game, so anyone have an update?

Likely have to wait for Tubby's press conference, but without GL there IDK how soon we'll hear.

No idea but it looked like he took the crown of the skull right into his temple & basically got ko'd for a minute.

No idea but it looked like he took the crown of the skull right into his temple & basically got ko'd for a minute.

With him falling over by the bench, I'm somewhat surprised that he was still able to get the rebound and pass it off to Dre after taking that (accidental) shot.

Oto's showed me a lot more transition game & under the hoop than I was expecting & he's shown some heart too. He was the lone guy scrapping during that 20-0 Ohio St run & has proved he's not afraid to mix it up on a few occasions. As an upperclassman he'll be a very good player I think.

I love Oto's tenacity and his support of his teammates. He just needs to get the game slowed down just a bit to become a more effective all-around player. I agree that he should be a good upperclassman.

Oto's showed me a lot more transition game & under the hoop than I was expecting & he's shown some heart too. He was the lone guy scrapping during that 20-0 Ohio St run & has proved he's not afraid to mix it up on a few occasions. As an upperclassman he'll be a very good player I think.

+1

There wasn't a mention about Oto's injury in the Trib today, maybe he's ok?

The announcers spent a great deal of time saying Tubby and the other MN coaches didn't really have a legitimate argument to be yelling at the refs since it was an accident. My impression was that Tubby was yelling at the refs for not calling a stoppage of play when Oto had an obvious head injury. I'll admit I don't know the rule on an official timeout due to injury. Not that it really matters what the announcers think, it just annoyed me. Good for Tubby and the others for sticking up for the players. He was clear across the court before play actually stopped. It was obvious the coaches and players came to win that game.

Hopefully Oto's OK. The replay showed a gnarly blow to the head. Hopefully he just got his bell rung and not a Justin Morneu -type concussion.

The announcers spent a great deal of time saying Tubby and the other MN coaches didn't really have a legitimate argument to be yelling at the refs since it was an accident. My impression was that Tubby was yelling at the refs for not calling a stoppage of play when Oto had an obvious head injury. I'll admit I don't know the rule on an official timeout due to injury. Not that it really matters what the announcers think, it just annoyed me. Good for Tubby and the others for sticking up for the players. He was clear across the court before play actually stopped. It was obvious the coaches and players came to win that game.

Hopefully Oto's OK. The replay showed a gnarly blow to the head. Hopefully he just got his bell rung and not a Justin Morneu -type concussion.
I think with the focus on concussions now a head injury like that you stop play.

I think with the focus on concussions now a head injury like that you stop play.

I think the refs would have to know he got hit in the head in order to do that. The announcers didn't even see if after watching it once on replay.

I was driving home when it happened. The radio guys said that Tubby was made because of them not stopping play, and they asked one of the refs why play wasn't stopped, and the ref responded that they won't stop the play when the ball was in the post.

Unrelated note, I caught some of the game on radio and some on TV when I got home, but never heard a mention of RSIII. Is he hurt? Being benched? Not playing because Tubby wants to play younger guys?

I was driving home when it happened. The radio guys said that Tubby was made because of them not stopping play, and they asked one of the refs why play wasn't stopped, and the ref responded that they won't stop the play when the ball was in the post.

Unrelated note, I caught some of the game on radio and some on TV when I got home, but never heard a mention of RSIII. Is he hurt? Being benched? Not playing because Tubby wants to play younger guys?
Hurt his ankle.

Ol' Tubby was getting after those refs! He had to wipe his brow off with his hanky after that one.

Oto tweet a few minutes ago:

"@OtoOsenieks10: My head ache is killing me now"

Go Gophers!!

Quick, someone tell him to not fall asleep just in case!

That's what I thought as well.

I think the refs would have to know he got hit in the head in order to do that. The announcers didn't even see if after watching it once on replay.

He was slowly jogging or walking down the court with his hand on his head. It was obvious to me he was hurt. I saw it on tv right away. They should have blown it dead long before the ball got into the post in my opinion.

Oto tweet a few minutes ago:

"@OtoOsenieks10: My head ache is killing me now"

Go Gophers!!
Let's hope not literally. Can you image flying in an airplane after a blow like that. That had to be a nightmare.

Let's hope not literally. Can you image flying in an airplane after a blow like that. That had to be a nightmare.
Especially if they were afraid it was a concussion so wouldn't let him sleep.

Top Bottom