Other games

Rutgers 1st win in history against a top 5 team and no one storms the court?

Big East, baby.

LateNightHoops.com Preseason said:
Rutgers has enough individual talent with Kadeem Jack and Myles Mack to pull out some unexpected wins here and there. Overall not a great team, but they’ll beat up a couple of unsuspecting opponents this year.

Only two in double figures for Rutgers - Jack (20p, 4 reb, 61.5% eFG, 4/5 FT) and Mack (21p, 3a, 2 reb, 50.0% eFG%, 4/9 3FG, 0 turnovers, 5/6 FT).

uw-madison (5) and Rutgers (7) only had 12 turnovers in the game.. (~11% combined turnover rate)

Aaron White injured

Went to the locker room with a shoulder injury. Didn't look real good. Couldn't lift right arm, but McCaffery put him back in there after initial injury.

Penn St. shooting lights out 51% 50% and 84% FT in their 1st BIG win against Rutgers

Basil Smotherman saves the day for the Boilermakers as they defeat the Hawks

Transfer U was down 31-12 to Texas Tech at one point in the first half. Now is 36-25 at half. Would be the first conference win of the season for Tubby-ball.

Nebraska the new Dick Bennett of the B1G

Will win many games with ugly, ugly basketball. Sparty should be embarrassed getting killed by that crew.

Tubby's Raiders gonna knock off Hoiberg's Cyclones or will the size one neck and no motion offense come out in the last moment to doom TT?

Transfer U was down 31-12 to Texas Tech at one point in the first half. Now is 36-25 at half. Would be the first conference win of the season for Tubby-ball.

Tubby-ball was up 10 with 2 minutes left. Now up 4 with 1:30. We've seen this movie before...

ISU has had a lot of good looks and haven't knocked them down. No one to blame but themselves if they lose.

Should it have been a flagrant 1? In any case, ISU has only themselves to blame. Lots of good looks that didn't fall.

Tubby holds on. Cue the 'what was MN thinking' tweets from national morons.

Tubby is like an old NBA player who, every once in awhile shows glimpses of better days.

His team today tried everything they could to give the game away, but ISU just simply couldn't hit the shots at the end.

Glad the fans down there could enjoy a moment.

Why would anyone take pleasure in seeing Tubby fail? He came to Minnesota and stayed here until Norwood sent him packing. He did his best at Minnesota and represented us well.

This mentality reminds me of the idiots that boo AJ Prezinskii, who won the only playoff series ever under Gardy, by hitting a home run, then was traded not by his choice, only to be greeted with boos by moronic twins fans.

Not a nice reward for one of the only Twins playoff heroes of the last 17 years. Likewise, Tubby is being treated unfairly. Did he mishandle and drive off good talent at guard, yes. Did Maturi bungle things horribly with talent sitting on the bench in Royce White and Trevor Mbake because Maturi was weak, yes.

I find it hard to be too though on Tubby for falling a little short. If a couple of players had stayed healthy, not smoked the bowls, or kept their sanity, he might have made a final four here.

Why would anyone take pleasure in seeing Tubby fail? He came to Minnesota and stayed here until Norwood sent him packing. He did his best at Minnesota and represented us well.

This mentality reminds me of the idiots that boo AJ Prezinskii, who won the only playoff series ever under Gardy, by hitting a home run, then was traded not by his choice, only to be greeted with boos by moronic twins fans.

Not a nice reward for one of the only Twins playoff heroes of the last 17 years. Likewise, Tubby is being treated unfairly. Did he mishandle and drive off good talent at guard, yes. Did Maturi bungle things horribly with talent sitting on the bench in Royce White and Trevor Mbake because Maturi was weak, yes.

I find it hard to be too though on Tubby for falling a little short. If a couple of players had stayed healthy, not smoked the bowls, or kept their sanity, he might have made a final four here.

I agree, no reason to boo Tubby. Tubby was always classy and represented us well. It just didn't work out quite as well as anyone hoped.

The comparison to AJ is not the same. They boo him because he's an @ss and played for our primary rival for a long time. Not because he left.

AJ gets booed because throughout the baseball community he is known as an a**hole, not cause he left the twins. He is booed almost every place he plays at

+1000.

Tubby was a good thing for Minnesota. He should be applauded. (It was time for him to go at the end though).

And I love AJ. He was an asset to the Twins while he was here and should get cheered. He may be an a$$, but he never got in trouble for anything. Plenty of athletes are worse people than AJ and do worse things than AJ and don't get booed in the same manner.

Minnesota fans shouldn't boo him.

Top Bottom