Other games thread

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Anyone watching the Houston - S. Florida game? Houston is up 28-23 late in the game. S. Florida had a TD called back on offensive PI. Pretty ticky tack but I guess it was the right call. Then S. Florida fumbled on the next play. Houston throws a pass down field, a flag is thrown for offensive PI on Houston this time but they pick up the flag. It was essentially the same thing they called against S. Florida just a few plays earlier.

Then about 10 seconds after the Ref announces the flag was picked up, he throws a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct on one of the S. Florida players. The camera is showing the S. Florida coach, he's wondering what that is all about. The ref runs over to the coach and says plain as day says "He called me a f**kin d*ck."

Yeah, probably not a good idea to call a ref a f**kin d*ck. Let's just say the guy got pulled from the game after that.

Houston just scored another TD to go up two scores.

I watched a little more then the first half. I did notice that David Gibbs is the Defensive Coordinator for Houston.

I watched a little more then the first half. I did notice that David Gibbs is the Defensive Coordinator for Houston.

Is Gibbs still am energetic, up and comer?

Anyone watching the Houston - S. Florida game? Houston is up 28-23 late in the game. S. Florida had a TD called back on offensive PI. Pretty ticky tack but I guess it was the right call. Then S. Florida fumbled on the next play. Houston throws a pass down field, a flag is thrown for offensive PI on Houston this time but they pick up the flag. It was essentially the same thing they called against S. Florida just a few plays earlier.

Then about 10 seconds after the Ref announces the flag was picked up, he throws a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct on one of the S. Florida players. The camera is showing the S. Florida coach, he's wondering what that is all about. The ref runs over to the coach and says plain as day says "He called me a f**kin d*ck."

Yeah, probably not a good idea to call a ref a f**kin d*ck. Let's just say the guy got pulled from the game after that.

Houston just scored another TD to go up two scores.

Tough in that situation, but I thought it had to be called. S. Florida completely lost their cool in the last minutes.

Mike Leach and Washington St. got crushed last night by Arizona St. They were down 42-14 at the half.

I would have watched more of this game but the power went out for about 4 hours last night. Kinda fitting for Halloween. I was just waiting to get stabbed in the face or something.

Mike Leach and Washington St. got crushed last night by Arizona St. They were down 42-14 at the half.

I would have watched more of this game but the power went out for about 4 hours last night. Kinda fitting for Halloween. I was just waiting to get stabbed in the face or something.

Couldn't happen, GII. You are Walking Live not Walking Dead. Now, if Michael Meyer was floating around your area, you might have had a legitimate concern. Michael was in Moorhead a couple of years ago, but thanks to Jamie Lee Curtis giving me mouth to mouth, I survived.

I feel like I should be deer hunting watching the USC - Oregon St. game.

FYI, UNLV takes on SJSU tomorrow at 3. A win gets the Rebels bowl eligible.

Iowa leading Wisconsin early in the Puke Bowl presented by Bleh.

Is anyone feeling better about our offensive struggles against Iowa while watching Iowa's D totally limit Wisconsin's rushing attack??

I wasn't sure which way I'd go, but I find myself cheering for Iowa...

And I wasn't sure I'd ever say that.

Still cheering against Iowa. Wisconsin is not in our division and as much as I'd like to see them knocked down a peg, I want a little room in the Legends race (would hate to somehow see Iowa win out and win the division).

Don't feel too bad about the white towels that were handed out last week at the game. Iowa must be doing a military appreciation day or something. They handed out red, white, and blue pom-poms by section or side of the stadium so there is a big area of Iowa fans waving red ones on a day they are playing Wisconsin. It just looks really weird.

If Iowa could finish drives, they'd be up 17-0.

I think it is safe to say Purdue and Illinois are by far the worst teams in the BT this year.

I think folks here and around the Big Ten really underestimated the Iowa defense early this season. They are quite stingy. Wisconsin could score fewer points than we did!

Edit: Ha right after I say that Stave nails a pretty nice looking touchdown pass. They hadn't crossed midfield until this drive.

I'm torn on this iowa/wis game. I find myself hating wis a bit less right now....rationale: I'd like to catch and pass iowa in our division and in the bowl selection process (also if iowa loses, it's possible they lose out if Purdue beats them) Assuming osu handles their business, wis will not go to the B1G championship regardless

To me it's a pretty easy decision. Iowa is in our division, so we root against them. Also, it would be pretty awesome if a ranked Minnesota team faced off with a ranked Wisconsin team in two weeks, for the first time since 2005. Obviously the Gophers have some work to do to make that happen, but I'd like the possibility to be alive.

Brilliant call by Ferentz

I hope they adopt the NFL rules where you can't call back-to-back timeouts. Worked for CK this time.

I have no idea where I heard this, but there was an analysis that looked at % of FG made without calling a timeout versus after a timeout....the % made was HIGHER AFTER a timeout.

Also, what sticks out to me from the highlights of NIU at UMass is: how it must feel to play your home games in a cavernous, empty Gillette Stadium. I imagine the exciting novelty of playing in a significant NFL stadium after... about a half?

I hope Wisconsin wins the game, but is beat up by IA. Win-Win for us.

Bets that the Wisconsin punter has the game of his life vs us but is giving Iowa every field position advantage possible today? Abbrederis with a drop, the odd QB trip on the center's feet, etc are all things that don't seem to happen vs the Gophers.

EDIT fixed kicker/punter

This game gives me at least a little bit of confidence that if our defense has a great day, homefield advantage will give us a legit shot to get the axe. Iowa is making 'sconnie look very ordinary. Though the reverse is also true.

Man, and an Iowa gift ensures Wisconsin will beat our score against the Hawkeyes. I would have liked a 7-6 Badger victory.

The Purdue tOSU game is giving me flashbacks to 58-0. I'm going to have a nightmare about sitting at Mac's and watching the whole thing tonight.

Wish Rudock would have thrown balls like that against us. That was awful.

Abbrederis is walking off the field after his touchdown, visibly wincing from pain in either his back or ribs. What does his teammate do? Why, pick him up and carry him by his ribs. Absolute genius, there.

Wish Rudock would have thrown balls like that against us. That was awful.

If we could have brought the kind of pressure on him that Wisconsin is bringing he might have. Sigh.

Top Bottom