Other Games Thread Week 2

Sparlimb

Reaction score
Not sure how many of you watched the Arizona v University of Texas-San Antonio last night, but UTSA is a lot better than you'd think. They are coached by Larry Coker, who won a national championship at Miami. I was very interested in him, and I recall him being also very interested in the job here, but it didn't happen. They absolutely smoke a very good Houston team last week and just about knocked off Arizona at home. They play Oklahoma St. next week and the jump into Conference USA games. I was impressed by a the poise of a relatively new FBS team against a big boy last night.

After the first play 80 yard pass and run by Arizona, this was an even match.

According to ESPN, BYU is favored tomorrow against Texas. Not sure I expected to live to see that. That should be an interesting one, as should Northern Illinois and Northwestern, which is a pick 'em to me, even though NU is favored.

I think the Michigan State Oregon game is the game of the week for me outside of the Gophers. Will be a pretty good barometer of where the B1G is at.

According to ESPN, BYU is favored tomorrow against Texas. Not sure I expected to live to see that. That should be an interesting one, as should Northern Illinois and Northwestern, which is a pick 'em to me, even though NU is favored.
BYU is only a 1 pt favorite and that is due to Texas' QB out with a concussion. This is the 5th time BYU and Texas will have played with BYU holding a 3-1 lead in the series.

BYU is only a 1 pt favorite and that is due to Texas' QB out with a concussion. This is the 5th time BYU and Texas will have played with BYU holding a 3-1 lead in the series.

GO BYU!!!

Not sure how many of you watched the Arizona v University of Texas-San Antonio last night, but UTSA is a lot better than you'd think. They are coached by Larry Coker, who won a national championship at Miami. I was very interested in him, and I recall him being also very interested in the job here, but it didn't happen. They absolutely smoke a very good Houston team last week and just about knocked off Arizona at home. They play Oklahoma St. next week and the jump into Conference USA games. I was impressed by a the poise of a relatively new FBS team against a big boy last night.

Here's a pretty good article about Larry Coker and UTSA:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-utsa-texas-san-antonio-roadrunners/14862029/

Their ascension is pretty remarkable.

Looking forward to the Michigan State/Oregon game for sure.

Anyone know how Belotti was dropped after one season of AD at Oregon? He is announcing for Nevada v Washington St tonight. Hell of a coach, thought he'd be AD for a long time.

Interested to see how this game goes. My guess is that WAZZU is being underrated. Rutgers were not as bad as expected. Nevada is not good.

Interested to see how this game goes. My guess is that WAZZU is being underrated. Rutgers were not as bad as expected. Nevada is not good.

I didn't even realize the old Nevada coach retired. Forget his name...

I think the Michigan State Oregon game is the game of the week for me outside of the Gophers. Will be a pretty good barometer of where the B1G is at.

ESPN is spinning away, turning the game into a referendum on the Big Ten, but the reality is it's Spartans vs. Ducks. Win or lose, neither program has anything to apologize for, and win or lose both teams will still have 11 or 12 games left in their season.

Sconny looking terrible early. 3 and out on first drive and an UGLY interception on drive number 2. Now if our Leatherneck offense can just get going.

And not sure who the two color guys are in the Wisconsin game, but they sound terrible. One is a dead ringer for Darren Nelson.

McNeese state up 7-0 on Nebraska. I may have to give up on the Mizzou game and watch that.

Would they fire Gary Anderson after 2 games if they somehow lost?

Western Illinois is looking pretty good! However it's early.

HI-C Scott, forgot about him...

Central Michigan about to go up 14-0 on Purdue.

The announcers for the Wisconsin game are Scott Graham, Brooks Bollinger. Brooks Bollinger is the former QB of Wisconsin.

Purdue getting stomped

McEvoy looks like a Heisman candidate again. He SUCKS.

With the surprise being we expected 17 by now?

Lol, pretty much. Purdue is actually favored in this game, and they won last week, so it's kinda surprising I guess?

Top Bottom