Other Games Thread for Week 6 - October 5

Stan

Reaction score
Some good games this today. Really curious to see how Northwestern handles the Buckeyes tonight.

I am interested in Georgia Tech at Miami. Miami appears to me to be a team on a mission. It truly is an us against the world. Its been 5 years and the NCAA's got nothing, but keeping the investigation on going.

Illinois Vs. Nebraska & Northwestern Vs. Ohio State are the games I'm most interested in today. I personally think Illinois isn't as bad as people think they are & they give Nebraska all they can handle. Northwestern will be the highest ranked opponent Urban Meyer has faced since he took the OSU job & I think that game will be a lot closer then people think.

Illinois Vs. Nebraska & Northwestern Vs. Ohio State are the games I'm most interested in today. I personally think Illinois isn't as bad as people think they are & they give Nebraska all they can handle. Northwestern will be the highest ranked opponent Urban Meyer has faced since he took the OSU job & I think that game will be a lot closer then people think.

I'm hoping the Buckeyes put an almighty beat down on Northwestern today, followed by Wisky crushing the Wildcats next week. Would love to have the next two weeks to prepare for a limping and beat up Wildcat team.

Indiana Penn State will be interesting. The loser faces tough sledding the rest of the way. I still think these are the Gophers best two chances at wins in the BT this year

I picked Kansas over Texas Tech in the pick per day and they are up 3-0 at the moment. Watching that and the Indiana game on the other tuner...

Indiana just went for it on 4th and 3 at the Penn St 23 Yard line. Penn St stuffed the run. What a weird call.

Penn st. had a fumbled long snap on a field goal try the drive before this one. So both teams leaving points on the field.

still 0-0

We might end up with less than 60 yards for the day against MSU. Their defense is scary good.

10-0 Kansas. Kansas a 16 point dog at home. I knew Texas Tech was overrated. Not that they can't come roaring back, only halfway through the 1st.

Indiana's offense cuting through Penn St. like hot knife in butter. 7-0 Indiana.

Michigan St. has been inside Iowa's 25 three times, yet only have three points. Iowa has 15 total yards and no first downs so far.

A poor MSU offense has already equaled last weeks Gopher output in about 10 minutes. Our "fundamentals" must have been really bad.

Besides the F crew of Galloway and Beth Mowins, they must have the F stats guy as well. Earlier they showed Michigan St. has already forced Iowa into three 3 and outs even though Iowa had only had two possessions. Just a bit ago they flashed up a stat that Michigan St. is first in the FBS by allowing only 1800 yards per game.

I'm hoping the Buckeyes put an almighty beat down on Northwestern today, followed by Wisky crushing the Wildcats next week. Would love to have the next two weeks to prepare for a limping and beat up Wildcat team.

Indiana Penn State will be interesting. The loser faces tough sledding the rest of the way. I still think these are the Gophers best two chances at wins in the BT this year

Yeah I think Penn State is an equal matchup... should be a close game...

Texas Tech blows an easy field goal. Still 10-0 Kansas at the end of the 1st quarter.

Besides the F crew of Galloway and Beth Mowins, they must have the F stats guy as well. Earlier they showed Michigan St. has already forced Iowa into three 3 and outs even though Iowa had only had two possessions. Just a bit ago they flashed up a stat that Michigan St. is first in the FBS by allowing only 1800 yards per game.

That would make you first alright. Depending on how you sort...

Somehow this Iowa-MSU game makes me feel even worse about last week.

I feel you...

Michigan State's Offense has been putrid all Season & they already have more in 1/3 of the game then we had all last week & Iowa is *EXACTLY* what many of us thought in that they weren't that good... 21 yards???

A poor MSU offense has already equaled last weeks Gopher output in about 10 minutes. Our "fundamentals" must have been really bad.

Uh, make that double in 20 minutes. MSU up 10-0.

Indiana defense is as bad as advertised. Penn St. throws a 46 yard td pass to tie it 7-7.

What a call and execution on the Iowa TD

Indiana blows a td on illegible lineman down field, so they settle for field goal. 10-7 Indiana halfway through the 2nd...

I'm not so sure we'd be able to keep up with Indiana's Offense if we got down but hopefully we'll see something against Michigan that says otherwise...

Starting to really look like we're gonna get creamed by Michigan if MSU can do this to Iowa with ease... yikes...

I really think it's all about matchup. For some reason I feel better about our dline and oline vs mich compared to what I felt vs Iowa. I have no concrete reasoning why I feel this way, but after watching Michigan vs everyone they played I really feel like we can hang with them. I still think we lose but at least IMO it will look better

Texas Tech has tied it 10-10...

Iowa OC with some great in game adjustments. 14 - 10 Iowa. Iowa is good.

And Iowa is now winning 14-10. We're not looking so bad anymore.

Top Bottom