Other games thread 11/3

Illinois is eliminated from bowl contention. Iowa needs to win 2/3 against Purdue, Michigan and Nebraska to be eligible. Indiana needs 2/3 against Wisconsin, Penn State and Purdue. Purdue needs to win all three against Iowa, Illinois and Indiana. Michigan State needs to win 1/2 against Northwestern and Purdue.

It the Gophers can beat Illinois, other teams failing to reach 6 wins could get the Gophers a much higher bowl bid.

Did anyone else see the massive amount of empty seats at the MSU game?? Considering they just came off a huge season, just won at Wisconsin last week, and are by no means having a "bad" season (just a down one after losing Cousins) I'm shocked at the fan turnout for an afternoon/night game. I really don't think we're the only ones with attendance issues (as Prof pointed out Indiana, also Wisconsin's student section looks like crap every time I watch a home game).

Was really hoping MSU and Pitt would pull it off. Sadly, neither did.

Was watching the TV broadcast they mentioned the athletic department offering up $6 tickets and trying to get butts in the seats. They seem to be having similar attendance issues to us at MSU which is a little surprising because they have been pretty good for the past few years.

Was watching the TV broadcast they mentioned the athletic department offering up $6 tickets and trying to get butts in the seats. They seem to be having similar attendance issues to us at MSU which is a little surprising because they have been pretty good for the past few years.

Certainly begs the question of "just win" and fans will come. MSU was not just "pretty good" the last few years, they played in the Big Ten title game, barely lost, then beat an SEC team in a bowl game. Surprising that a few losses (home vs Iowa, Michigan, Notre Dame) could cause fans to not show up. My bet is that the tickets were sold.

That's my point. Simply winning will definitely bring people in (see: Syracuse game) but the minute you lose you run a risk of having significantly diminished attendance.

The key is continued success over a long period of time. You can't build a strong base of loyal fans with 3 years of success. It takes a decade of success if you want the fans to stick with you through the rough patches. See any successful football program as an example.

Also, for how bad Minnesota has been over the years. We have outrageously expensive tickets.

Certainly begs the question of "just win" and fans will come. MSU was not just "pretty good" the last few years, they played in the Big Ten title game, barely lost, then beat an SEC team in a bowl game. Surprising that a few losses (home vs Iowa, Michigan, Notre Dame) could cause fans to not show up. My bet is that the tickets were sold.

That's my point. Simply winning will definitely bring people in (see: Syracuse game) but the minute you lose you run a risk of having significantly diminished attendance.
I know that this is highly, highly unlikely to happen, but what if the Gophers win at Illinois (as they should) and shock Nebraska? Is it a sellout on the 24th? I'd like to think so, but today's weak turnout has me highly skeptical.

As an aside, they are already offering $10 tickets for the MSU game. There was a promotional code on the bottom of my Cub Foods receipt yesterday.

Barner for Oregon now has 321 yards rushing and 5 TDs. The one thing I really noticed tonight about Oregon is that their WRs do a great job of blocking down field. That's the difference of a 10 yard gain and going the distance.

Holy. Sh!t. Can not believe the drive for Bama to win that game after nothing on offense all 2nd half. Wow.

Crap crap crap crap crap... O well, Oregon can knock out the scum.

Holy. Sh!t. Can not believe the drive for Bama to win that game after nothing on offense all 2nd half. Wow.

LSU played as well against Alabama as anyone will all year. At at home, playing inspired ball, it was not enough. No one will beat Alabama this year. Did anyone else notice that LSU didn't start one senior on defense? They could have the whole crew back again next year.

Oregon will lose BIG to Alabama. They are like West Virginia, all offense and no real defense. Bama will run over them and control the clock. I still think Kansas St is better than Oregon...

It looks like it just might be Notre Dame's year. A lot of things have gone their way.

Indiana is up by 3 over Iowa. A crazy thought: if Indiana wins the game and beats Wisconsin at home next week, they are in the drivers seat for a spot in the championship game.

True, but isn't that sad? Ohio State over-penalized while teams elsewhere get away with much worse. Our best team can't go to a bowl.

Oregon will lose BIG to Alabama. They are like West Virginia, all offense and no real defense. Bama will run over them and control the clock. I still think Kansas St is better than Oregon...

What is West Virginia ranked?

Oregon is the best team in the country! Alabama wouldnt stand a chance against that offense and plus Oregon has a better D then when they played Auburn!

MSU would have won the game if Johnny Adams doesn't make an absolutely boneheaded, unnecessary block 30 yards behind the play on the pick-6.

Top Bottom