Other games thread 11/3

Sparlimb

Reaction score
At least I had the relief during our game of watching Texas A&M dismantle Mississippi St on the road. A&M sure has acquitted themselves very well in the SEC. Now I'm watching TCU and WVU, one of these teams will have a 3 game losing streak out of the game. I'm hoping TCU smacks them around as well, I'm not a big fan of fast break football. Michigan St and Nebraska should be a good game as well. A nice day of games...

Oregon V USC tonight. Lots of points.

Bama at LSU could be interesting.

I hate Oregon, so I'd like to see USC pound them. But I dislike Kiffin greatly, so I'd like to see Oregon pound them. Guess I'd rather see Oregon win, go to the national championship game and lose by 30 to Alabama. Although I'm going to predict a huge upset next week and pick Texas A&M over Alabama...

TCU 7-0 over West Virginia (game in Morgantown)

Guess I'd rather see Oregon win, go to the national championship game and lose by 30 to Alabama.

Kansas St. should run the table in the Big 12 and get to the national championship. Bama's trip will be tougher, could see KSU V Oregon in the NC game.

Paul Chryst and Pitt up 10-6 on Notre Dame at ND at half.

Would love to see that.

WVU up 24-21 on TCU in a game neither team wants to win.

Mich St. and Nebraska tied 14-14 at half. Tyler Martinez has like 160 yards at halftime, but Nebraska defense looks awful today.

Notre Dame is having a hangover after the Oklahoma win. It's very realistic we'll have just two undefeated teams after today: K-State and Louisville.

Wow what a fumble on goal line by ND. Pitt just needs a fg for the ot win.

I am one of the few that is cheering for ND just because I don't want LSU to sneak their way into the BCS championship. The more teams they have to jump the better. I don't want another repeat of last year.

It looks like it just might be Notre Dame's year. A lot of things have gone their way.

Indiana is up by 3 over Iowa. A crazy thought: if Indiana wins the game and beats Wisconsin at home next week, they are in the drivers seat for a spot in the championship game.

It looks like it just might be Notre Dame's year. A lot of things have gone their way.

Indiana is up by 3 over Iowa. A crazy thought: if Indiana wins the game and beats Wisconsin at home next week, they are in the drivers seat for a spot in the championship game.

That showdown against USC will be must see television if they can find a way to win this one.

And that Indiana stat is jaw dropping.

1) Indiana is going to beat Iowa. Holy balls.

2) If you think our fan support is bad, look at their stands.

If Indiana beats Wisconsin, which won't happen, they could actually make the Big Ten Championship game with a losing record. Meaning they could win and go to the Rose Bowl or lose and not go bowling at all. That would be funny to see.

Did anyone else see the massive amount of empty seats at the MSU game?? Considering they just came off a huge season, just won at Wisconsin last week, and are by no means having a "bad" season (just a down one after losing Cousins) I'm shocked at the fan turnout for an afternoon/night game. I really don't think we're the only ones with attendance issues (as Prof pointed out Indiana, also Wisconsin's student section looks like crap every time I watch a home game).

Was really hoping MSU and Pitt would pull it off. Sadly, neither did.

Did anyone else see the massive amount of empty seats at the MSU game?? Considering they just came off a huge season, just won at Wisconsin last week, and are by no means having a "bad" season (just a down one after losing Cousins) I'm shocked at the fan turnout for an afternoon/night game. I really don't think we're the only ones with attendance issues (as Prof pointed out Indiana, also Wisconsin's student section looks like crap every time I watch a home game).

Was really hoping MSU and Pitt would pull it off. Sadly, neither did.

I noticed that too. Add to the factors you pointed out above that it is NU's first trip. I personally know NU fans that made the trip.

Oregon is the 2nd best team in the country. If not the best. If they are snubbed in the BCS it is an outrage.

I wouldn't mind seeing USC beat Oregon. But if Oregon is going to win, I hope they put up 60 on Kiffin. They're on their way up 34-17. Could end up being a 60-48 type game.

I'm hoping LSU is able to beat Alabama, then loses to Georgia in the SEC championship game. That would probably mean the SEC would be shut out of the NC game.

Wisconsin's schedule is pretty tough to the end the season too. They play Ohio St. and go to Penn St. If they somehow lose next week, they're in big trouble. Indiana has Penn St. and Purdue.

I realize this is a long shot but is there any chance an LSU blow out knocks Alabama to 3?

I realize this is a long shot but is there any chance an LSU blow out knocks Alabama to 3?

Depends how they lose. The computers didn't have Alabama at #1, Notre Dame and K-State were. With a win by Oregon over USC and a loss by Bama they could fall to 4, possibly 5 if LSU jumps them. To my original point, if LSU makes them look silly (ie a 12-0 win or something) then pollsters may cool on them.

Oregon's D is looking suspect (albeit against a very good USC offense) but they have an amazing offense and I believe they're the only team that could challenge Bama in the title game..

Les Miles just pulled a Jerry Kill.

I saw that too. Pretty bad call as well.

Anyone watching the Oregon-USC game? Both teams are putting up Tecmo Bowl-like numbers. The teams have combined for about 1,100 yards of offense through 3 quarters! Barner has 250 yards rushing already for Oregon.

Top Bottom