Other B1G Conference Games 2022-23

B1G double header tonight:

6:00 PM ESPN2 Iowa at Ohio State
7:15 PM BTN Indiana at Michigan

At the half it's Iowa 43 and Ohio State 34. Caitlin Clark with a captivating first half: 12 points and 9 cool assists. Czinano with 14 points was limited to 12 minutes because she picked up 2 fouls.

Killer win for Iowa 81-72. Czinano with 22 points (11-13) in 24 minutes was terrific and Clark was sensational with 28 points, 15 assists and 10 rebounds.

The Hoosiers (8-1) move into a tie for first after defeating Michigan (6-3) 92-83. Mackenzie Holmes led Indiana with 25 points. Sara Scalia finshed with 19. Leigha Brown led the Wolverines with 31.

Interesting night in the B1G:

A 27-6 third quarter run propeled Indiana 9-1 to a 78-65 win over Ohio State (8-2) at a sold out Assembly Hall.

Illinois (6-4) could not handle Purdue (5-5) in Champaign losing to the Boilers 52-62.

Rutgers (3-7) defeated Penn State (3-7) in Piscataway 86-82 (OT)

Maryland 8-2 never let Michigan 6-4 get going and defeated the Wolverines 72-64 in College Park.

Watched both the MD/MI and IN/OSU games tonight. My previous thought that OSU is a bit overrated still stands, at least until they get the injured Sheldon back. I'm already prepared to give the Freshman of the Year Award to OSU's McMahon. She's extremely talented. Future Gopher foe Michigan and Maryland in a turnover fest. Michigan's Brown is a good player, but she is also turnover-prone. Not sure she's meant to be a point guard, but she's the closest thing they have to a PG. Michigan's soph Phelia is also very talented. Barnes-Arrico's team looked poorly coached and that doesn't happen often. Hard to imagine MD if Angel Reese hadn't transferred to LSU. (I realize Owassu also left MD, but I thought she was a big reason MD didn't have much chemistry last year.) Not sure if the Gophers can hang with MI Saturday. I keep hoping they can upset one of the upper echelon teams and Michigan at home might be a possiblity, but I doubt it. It does look like Rose might be able to have a good game vs. MI if she can stay out of foul trouble.

Wisconsin (2-7) is hosting Northwestern (0-9) and could pass Minnesota (2-7) in the standings with a win.

The game of the day is likely Michigan State (3-6) at Illinois (6-4). The Illini need to rebound from a loss and Michigan State needs to generate some excitement.

- Indiana is the BEST team right now

- Purdue SHOULD be receiving votes after their GREAT week.. of knocking off TWO top 25 teams on the road

- OSU really MISSES Sheldon A LOT

- Iowa hasn't lost since losing to Illinois, and have won 6 STRAIGHT.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000
The top 6 teams in the Big Ten WBB standings—Indiana, Iowa, OSU, Maryland, Illinois, Michigan—are a collective 34-3 against the other 8 Big Ten teams. Definitely a clear line between the top and bottom of the BIG. Illinois has made the biggest jump this year under Shauna Green.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000
The top 6 teams in the Big Ten WBB standings—Indiana, Iowa, OSU, Maryland, Illinois, Michigan—are a collective 34-3 against the other 8 Big Ten teams. Definitely a clear line between the top and bottom of the BIG. Illinois has made the biggest jump this year under Shauna Green.
Now 38-4 after this weekend’s games.

I just noticed that the Badger's, our 2-8 sistren, gave up a 17-0 third quarter run to Northwestern matching Michigan's 17-0 third quarter run versus the Gophers. February 11 should be quite the Badger/Gopher showdown.

Minnesota's Schedule before the Badger game: Indiana, @ Illinois and @ Ohio State.

Wisconsin's schedule: Ohio State, @ Rutgers and Michigan State

I might switch over from this Indiana/Minnesota nightmare to OSU/Wisconsin, where it's 50-49 and the Badgers would be winning if they could shoot free throws.

By the way, the Badgers were down at the end of the first quarter more than the Gophers were (15 points/14 points). Badgers, however, had a significantly better second quarter.

Tonight in B1G games:

Illinois @ Michigan on BTN
Northwestern @ Penn State
Michigan State @ Nebraska on BTN
Maryland @ Iowa on ESPB

Iowa 56, Maryland 38 at the half. It's Hawkeye basketball at its most entertaining. Clark with 24 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists.

Two nationally televised B1G games spice up tomorrows action:

Indiana @ Purdue on FS1
Ohio State @ Maryland on ESPN2

Katie Gearlds and Purdue women's basketball accomplished a feat that had never been done in program history last week by beating a top five Ohio State team on the road. The Boilermakers are going to be a part of history once again in Mackey Arena on Sunday.

"You think about, you know, all the history here and who's come through and played here. When I played, we never sold out," Gearlds said.

For the third time in program history, and first since 2000, Mackey Arena is sold out for a Purdue women's basketball game.

The occasion?

A high-profile matchup with No. 4 Indiana in West Lafayette.

Iowa opened today's festivities coasting past Penn State in Happy Valley 95-51. Clark with 23 points, 10 rebounds and 14 assists.

Indiana 12-1 buried Purdue 6-6 with a 19-2 third quarter to win 69-46. Scalia with 14 points

Iowa opened today's festivities coasting past Penn State in Happy Valley 95-51. Clark with 23 points, 10 rebounds and 14 assists.
Once Clark and Czinano are gone, does Iowa remain a contender or do they fall back to earth?

Well, they were pretty good before Clark and Czinano arrived
Yep, Gustafson, no idea if she caught on in WNBA. Last I remembered she wasn’t getting much run even though I think she was a first rounder.

Last edited:

Top Bottom