OT: IA-ISU replace old rivalry trophy with this new one....

Hahahahaha what? That's a VERY odd football trophy.

Epic fail. Just another case of trying too hard and over-thinking.

We really need a caption contest for this. How strange.

Go Gophers!!

Well, I just checked, and it apparently looks much much better in Ames than it does in Iowa City.

The Squawks play us and yell "Let's bring Floyd home!".

What do they yell when the play the Cyclones?

"Let's go get that weird family no one wants to talk to!"?

For three easy payments of 19.95, this beautiful figurine can be yours to take home and proudly display with your other treasures from Precious Moments.

You know, if you angle that trophy just so - and hold it up to juuusssst the right lighting - you'll see the ghostly image of Lois Feldman in the farm wife represented.

Oh man that is funny.

The Cy-Hawk trophy is great as well. I play in a hockey league that gives out a similar trophy. Past winners include Team Weed, Pearl's Necklace, and the Boozie Woozies.

I think this must be a parody article. No way could they have two trophies that bad for a rivalry.

"This is what a real football in Iowa looks like, son."

Because if I was the leadership of Iowa and Iowa State, the very first thing I want to highlight is how hick-ish and white my state is....I mean, why not just go for the trifecta and have the little kid shovel some pig s**t while listening to his pa?

The "Children of the Corn" Trophy. The old one was a little odd, it looks like a tiny football player isn't paying attention, and is about to run into a giant football. But this new one, it's not a football trophy at all. It's just a knickknack from the corn industry. And as I can see from the backdrop, it's sponsored by the Iowa corn industry.

Why not have a quarterback about to throw a pass, but instead of a football, it's a cob of corn. That would be, well, corny, but it would at least look like a football trophy. This is a step below the Victory Bell.

Maybe it is a reverse trophy and the losing team has to display the trophy in its trophy case.

Ship it to Wisconsin and have em put some butter on dat dang corn.

iowadisaster.gif

Iowa better learn to like that trophy because Floyd is comfy in his current location and has no plans of leaving.

What's sad is I think they had a huge oppurtunity for an epic trophy. I envision a trophy that used a huge stalk of corn that looked alarmingly like a dildo.

The game could be known as the cornhole classic.

I find that trophy quite compelling... as in a compelling reason to continue to avoid watching that game every year.

The kid looks inbred, which is, I suppose, par for the course. Who made this thing, the Franklin Mint?

What's sad is I think they had a huge oppurtunity for an epic trophy. I envision a trophy that used a huge stalk of corn that looked alarmingly like a dildo.

That's what I was thinking, trophies aren't supposed to look like this knick-knack. A huge ear of corn would have been perfect. So many jokes lost because a corporation got involved and there is some deeper meaning they want to express.

Hell, Land Grant Trophy >>> this piece of garbage!

It DOES make you stop and reflect that Gopher football--yes, Minnesota Golden Gopher Football--plays for the best set of trophies in college sports.

I was disappointed when I saw the pic of the new trophy. I was hoping for the annual "Bathroom Stall Floozy" trophy.

:eek: What the...at what point does that get created and the powers that be look at it and say to themselves: "There's a trophy that fans will be excited to get their picture with." It looks like a segment from a QVC in a alternate universe.

Just have it be a dildo-esque piece of corn and be done with it. Easy, identifiable, still represents corn.

Well done iowa, you've managed to create one of the worst trophies I've ever seen.

Top Bottom