Original Songs

I was discussing Wes Anderson movies with a coworker and defending Life Aquatic as my favorite. One of the best parts are all the Bowie covers in Portuguese by Seu Jorge.

I was discussing Wes Anderson movies with a coworker and defending Life Aquatic as my favorite. One of the best parts are all the Bowie covers in Portuguese by Seu Jorge.

I side with your co-worker as to where The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou ranks in the Wes Anderson pantheon, but I did enjoy the Bowie/Portuguese covers.

I do like the film, just not as much as most (maybe all) of his others. I also appreciate that it brought Willem Dafoe into the troupe as well as others.

Capping off this Song of the Day exercise actually was a bit of an internal debate. Probably 6 that came to immediate mind, including songs by Lionel Richie and the Young Rascals.

I settled on this one, then debated to go with the original song writer or the also legendary artist that covered it.

I cheated and went hybrid. Johnny Cash & Kris Kristofferson with Sunday Morning Coming Down.

^
Such a great song.
I have it in my memory that Cash played it when he hosted SNL in the early 80s. I think it closed the as show for the End Credits with the cast sitting around sort of like a camp fire. That's what I was hunting for.

I gave up the search after several minutes. The one I posted is pretty cool anyway as a precursor to the future Highwaymen.

Top Bottom