Oregon Ducks unveil $68 million football offices; what do you think? (Photo gallery)

Mostly stunning but not a fan at all of their locker room. Thought that was very plain compared to the rest of the facility.

If you don't think facilities matter in recruiting you are crazy.

Wowza! We are already waaaayyy behind Oregon in facilities and that's IF we can actually build a future $190M facility. Right now, it's like the U compared to Chippewa Middle School. We need a Phil Knight.

We could probably do something similar if we didn't have to waste a bunch of money 'waste of space' sports.

Z3UCdWn.jpg

Got to make sure you have a way around the rule that coaches can't observe voluntary offseason workouts.

Attachments

• -afa4c4732f02f98e.JPG
    -afa4c4732f02f98e.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 9

Wowza! We are already waaaayyy behind Oregon in facilities and that's IF we can actually build a future $190M facility. Right now, it's like the U compared to Chippewa Middle School. We need a Phil Knight.

If you are referring to a Middle School in Chippewa Falls, WI, they do have Leinenkugel Brewery supporting them?

A lot of that just looks pointlessly fancy to me. Am I just a humbug?

I like our weight room better than what I saw there.

Imagine Bronko Nagurski picking a school because of hand-woven rugs in the players' lounge.

Kinda gross.

If you are referring to a Middle School in Chippewa Falls, WI, they do have Leinenkugel Brewery supporting them?

I wasn't, but if I had known that there was such a middle school I would've moved there and got bad enough grades to stay there 'til I was 21!

I think that Bob Decarolis is crapping his pants in Corvallis! Who are the Oregon State benefactors? Are the Reser heirs into supporting Beaver athletics?

Represents all that is wrong with major college athletics.

Represents all that is wrong with major college athletics.

Outside of the paycheck, the NFL is starting to be a step down for these pampered boys. I think it would be harder to coach in such a pampered situation.

If you don't think facilities matter in recruiting you are crazy.

Facilities certainly matter but it is also a losing proposition to compare yourself against the rare exceptions like the Oregon's of the world. 99% of teams don't have Phil Knight shelling out huge sums of cash to their school to build ridiculous facilities like this one.

Your facilities need to be comparable to the schools you are in direct competition with in the conference and for recruits.

I think that Bob Decarolis is crapping his pants in Corvallis! Who are the Oregon State benefactors? Are the Reser heirs into supporting Beaver athletics?

The OSU football stadium is named after the Reser family.

These pictures just reinforce how much I despise Oregon. They are the Yankees of college football, sans championships (hopefully it stays that way).

That's what I thought. It's a huge waste. Way over the top.

Definitely over the top and looks more like a resort than a football facility but not sure I would call it a waste. I think pretty much any school would love to have a facility like that if they could afford it.

Definitely over the top and looks more like a resort than a football facility but not sure I would call it a waste. I think pretty much any school would love to have a facility like that if they could afford it.

It's a waste. Schools have better things to spend on than that level of luxury for football facilities. Nice and clean and functional and a little cool factor are great. That's ridiculous.

Not pictured: The swimming pool, dedicated to one of the all-time great Ducks.

k-bigpic.jpg

We could probably do something similar if we didn't have to waste a bunch of money 'waste of space' sports.

Or we could do something similar if we had a billionaire giving us the loot to pay for it, as Oregon does. Pretty sure axing the rowing team wouldn't allow us to build such a facility.

The OSU football stadium is named after the Reser family.

These pictures just reinforce how much I despise Oregon. They are the Yankees of college football, sans championships (hopefully it stays that way).

Al and Pat Reser contributed millions to their alma mater, so Parker Stadium was renamed after then in 1999 (the year I moved to Portland, for those of you interested). Al died three years ago, so I'm wondering who is picking up the slack. Perhaps BeaverGopher is.

It's hilarious some of you say it's "over the top". If the U got something even remotely close to this (which they probably never will) you would be jumping for joy and saying its the best facility out there. Sour grapes. I think it looks great and hope they do well this season.

It's hilarious some of you say it's "over the top". If the U got something even remotely close to this (which they probably never will) you would be jumping for joy and saying its the best facility out there. Sour grapes. I think it looks great and hope they do well this season.

You are right and so are they.

With all the money that Nike is giving oregon, the rest of the NCAA should boycott Nike products. Just saying.

With all the money that Nike is giving oregon, the rest of the NCAA should boycott Nike products. Just saying.

You think!?! Either stop complaining about Oregon Football/Phil Knight or stop buying crap from Nike! Why anybody in D1 football signs equipment deals with Nike is beyond comprehension.

Top Bottom