Opt Out/Gone

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
Article says that besides DD, Melle Kreuder is gone from the team. Malcolm Robinson has transferred (known). Brealan Oliver’s status (injury) not known. Fleck says that he is waiting to publish the final fall roster because some other players haven’t decided yet. Faalele might be an opt out question; perhaps so is Dunlap. No mention of injury for Dunlap. Fleck said that some players are still deciding. We might not know the 2020 fall roster for a while. Maybe folks who see info behind the “pay wall” know more.

Does sound a tad bit somber. Those are some heavy hitters in Big Dan, Dunlap and Oliver...not to mention the guys they are not talking about. 😔

Does sound a tad bit somber. Those are some heavy hitters in Big Dan, Dunlap and Oliver...not to mention the guys they are not talking about. 😔

I feel like the word on Oliver has been questionable since his spring injury. With Schmitz ready, the line can absorb either Big Dan OR Dunlap being out. But both would be concerning for sure.

I feel like the word on Oliver has been questionable since his spring injury. With Schmitz ready, the line can absorb either Big Dan OR Dunlap being out. But both would be concerning for sure.
I dont think starting Ruschmeyer (i.e. losing both Dan and Curtis) would kill us. The dagger would be having to replace Schlueter or Andries with Guedet.

Dunlap is back practicing but needs to get back in shape and that could take awhile, Faalele isnt playing this year, Krueder wont ever be a Gopher, Oliver could possibly be back by the end of the year but i wouldnt expect it, he suffered a serious knee injury in spring ball.

Dunlap is back practicing but needs to get back in shape and that could take awhile, Faalele isnt playing this year, Krueder wont ever be a Gopher, Oliver could possibly be back by the end of the year but i wouldnt expect it, he suffered a serious knee injury in spring ball.
Thanks for the intel! What’s the deal on Keueder? Just too far or something else? Oliver injury is unfortunate.

Thanks for the intel! What’s the deal on Keueder? Just too far or something else? Oliver injury is unfortunate.
Just think he got homesick and decided to go back home, doesnt sound like the coaching staff is too disappointed by his decision fwiw.

is this based on "inside information" or did the magic 8-ball tell you this?

Sorry - I just have a hard time believing that some anonymous poster on a message board knows more than the writers who cover this team for a living.

I don't expect anyone to betray a source, but at least indicate to some extent where the information is coming from. assuming that you are not off your meds and receiving messages from your neighbor's dog.

what's the opt out situation looking like at Michigan? I'm really just concerned about that first game at this point as things can change

Sorry - I just have a hard time believing that some anonymous poster on a message board knows more than the writers who cover this team for a living.

I don't expect anyone to betray a source, but at least indicate to some extent where the information is coming from. assuming that you are not off your meds and receiving messages from your neighbor's dog.
Inside info. I think most are 100% unsure if Big Dan will opt out though.

Thanks for sharing this.

So it turns out that Less was correct in his post ... except he mixed up Dunlap and Oliver (in regards to the "tore his ACL" comment).

Start OL will still be pretty good to start out, and when Dunlap can return in full game shape, will be great again:
LT - Schlueter
LG - Olson
C - JMS
RG - [Ruschmeyer? Beier? Guedet?] -- Dunlap
RT - Andries

I image the competition for the RG spot for the Michigan game will be pretty fierce. Coaches are going to want whichever is the best body they have, in that slot, if Dunlap can't go.

I just don't get it. But it's not my life. If he has legitimate reason to have significant concern of suffering a major illness, should he become infected .... that is certainly not something I can demand anyone ignore.

I know he had that injury against Wisconsin too. Would think he's healed from that by now.

Its ok if you dont believe me, not to toot my own horn but i did post on here Douglass was opting out awhile ago. I got pretty good sources. It seems like people think Faalele could opt in and maybe thats true but he wasnt at summer workouts and hasnt been at practice this fall so I wouldnt expect it.

Its ok if you dont believe me, not to toot my own horn but i did post on here Douglass was opting out awhile ago. I got pretty good sources. It seems like people think Faalele could opt in and maybe thats true but he wasnt at summer workouts and hasnt been at practice this fall so I wouldnt expect it.

I am not saying I don't believe you. I'm just saying that I would find posts like this more convincing if the poster gave us at least a hint of where the info is coming from - without betraying any confidences.

I guess what I'm looking for is something like "I know a player on the team..." "I know a member of the coaching staff..." "I know one of the trainers..." - something that gives the info a little more validity.
Without that, you could be just some dude with a keyboard who made a lucky guess. that's the nature of an anonymous message board. A poster could have valid info, or they could be pulling stuff out of their blowhole, and it's hard sometimes to tell the difference.

nothing personal. just skeptical of people who claim to know things. fallout from covid - go to the off-topic board and half the posters over there act like they have medical degrees.

Inside info. I think most are 100% unsure if Big Dan will opt out though.

I'm one that's 100% sure we will find out simply through the mastery of the English language.

I am not saying I don't believe you. I'm just saying that I would find posts like this more convincing if the poster gave us at least a hint of where the info is coming from - without betraying any confidences.

I guess what I'm looking for is something like "I know a player on the team..." "I know a member of the coaching staff..." "I know one of the trainers..." - something that gives the info a little more validity.
Without that, you could be just some dude with a keyboard who made a lucky guess. that's the nature of an anonymous message board. A poster could have valid info, or they could be pulling stuff out of their blowhole, and it's hard sometimes to tell the difference.

nothing personal. just skeptical of people who claim to know things. fallout from covid - go to the off-topic board and half the posters over there act like they have medical degrees.

So... an anonymous someone on a message board posts stuff, and gives no sources.

And you... don't just swallow it all, hook, line and sinker? You don't automatically treat it as gospel truth?:unsure:

Jeez... you are cynical, SON!;)

Hi Ben Grieve - you played good CF for John Anderson.

How about just paying attention to who posts stuff that turns out credible? Then you'd know Whalenfan is better than the media.

"Better than the media"?

Okay, I'll accept that as long as you can give some specific examples of him being "better than the media".

The thing about hinting at who your sources are, can easily get a source in trouble.

An example, and I'll keep this loose.

I know someone who knows someone who knows a few of the players.
I hear reports regarding aspects of those players that may or may not affect game performance, national perspective regarding drafting, why they may not be with the team, etc.

If I hinted at who the person was, it would be easy for the U to determine who the leak was based on who actually is in contact with that player. Especially now with COVID tracking.

Top Bottom