Ooh, ooh, ooh . . . DL heights/weights updated!

Plinnius

Reaction score
KGM - 6'5, 273 :)eek:)
Hageman - 6'6, 294 :)eek:)
Edwards - 6'1, 350 :)eek:)
Tauaefa - 6'2, 281
Legania - 6'4, 306 :)eek:)
Ferguson - 6'6, 306
Kirksey - 6'2, 294
Jacobs - 6'2, 300
Wilhite - 6'3, 244
Garin - 6'4, 241

KGM - 6'5, 273 :)eek:)
Hageman - 6'6, 294 :)eek:)
Edwards - 6'1, 350 :)eek:)
Tauaefa - 6'2, 281
Legania - 6'4, 306 :)eek:)
Ferguson - 6'6, 306
Kirksey - 6'2, 294
Jacobs - 6'2, 300
Wilhite - 6'3, 244
Garin - 6'4, 241

WOW....I feels like yesterday,when grinning Glen Mason used to send out 220LBS DEs.

And the thing i like most about this group, is that most of this kids played skilled offensive positions in high school!

Edwards won't be an everydown player at that weight. Hope he gets in shape. The guy always has his hands on his hips like he's out of gas.

Very impressive!

But I have to say I am most impressed with Garin's increase. I thought he had a slight build and when everyone on this site was talking about him getting playing time I really questioned it mentally because of his size, but now I think he can play at 241 and I can see him being 255-260 by his Jr year.

If Garin and Willhite can add 10 pounds of muscle each

Wow if Garin and Willhite can each add 10 more pounds of muscle they are going to be
son of a B's to block with both having excellent speed and quick moves. You can play at 240'ish and be as quick as they are but to not wear down a little extra mass is needed. I like the future of those two guys as pass rushers, big Sheede at the rhino and these two at the speed rush spot is the start of something good.

Don't forget about true freshman ...

Ben Perry at 6'5" and 248 pounds.

Edwards won't be an everydown player at that weight. Hope he gets in shape. The guy always has his hands on his hips like he's out of gas.

Agreed...I think we will see Jacobs or maybe even Rashede (if he ends up there) at DT a lot.

If we were transitioning to a 3-4 Edwards would be great for the NT!

Agreed...I think we will see Jacobs or maybe even Rashede (if he ends up there) at DT a lot.

If we were transitioning to a 3-4 Edwards would be great for the NT!

I doubt we will see Hageman at DT this year. You need to remember he's still learning the position. The primary back up at DT after Jacobs will be Ferguson remember he was here for spring practice. He also has the equivalent of a college weight and conditioning program while attending Prep school so physically he's as ready as a RFr.

I doubt we will see Hageman at DT this year. You need to remember he's still learning the position. The primary back up at DT after Jacobs will be Ferguson remember he was here for spring practice. He also has the equivalent of a college weight and conditioning program while attending Prep school so physically he's as ready as a RFr.

Good point...is he still going to play DE at 294 though?

Hageman is perfect as the "elephant end" strong side able to stuff any run at the point of attack. And with his athleticism he is more than a fair match against any offensive tackle he faces. Whilhite on the otherside is your rush end. Up field to the passer and close. And for all the 3-4 talk it doesn't add up when you have Edwards, Kirskey, Jacobs, Ferguson, and Legania. We are a 4-3. What we have now is depth at all four positions. KGM is an Elephant while Garrin is a rush end. Don't put to much into Edwards weight. He has a tremendous base and exposive moves. And how would you like to face him and Kirksey? Either Jacobs or Ferguson should get playing time as well. We need to develop a rotation based on game conditions. It will be critical in the first two games that the offense come out and control the clock, the snaps, and the score. If they can get a three score lead early, get the starters out of there and play the reserves till half. Bring back the starters for the second half, built the lead and let the reserves finish. It is a reward for the effort of the second teamers to get that playing time, and it is encumbent on both the first team offense and defense to get it done.
Over the course of a season, a defensive player can only take so many snaps.

ohhhh I lik :) Garin and Willhite can and will add good weight in the future. I'd like to see Edwards down to 320-330 depending on how he moves and his conditioning at 350. The rest looks great!

If these guys are coached up in technique (should be getting there) at the BT level we will have a defense of the likes that has never been seen in Minnesota...ever. Not even imagined.

I know this won't happen, but if we end up hurting at Mike a 6'5" 273# stud might be the down hill type that would terminate the Wisky running game.

Damn, KGM has really bulked up.

I think Shede compares better to Julius Peppers than he does to Jared Allen JMO

Edward's weight

Remember, the heat affects the big guys more. A drop of as much as 20-30#'s in the summer work outs is not unheard of. The numbers that are the most telling are the weigh-ins at the end of practice. A median weight, start of practice vs. the end can be really different. When I played, I was in great shape, came to camp at 225, and would be 210 by the first game and struggle the rest of the year to get back up to my comfort weight. I think Edwards could be 320 easily by MTSU.

26 players 270 lbs. or bigger...

...10 at 300 lbs. or more. That's amazing. We have certainly bulked up on both sides of the line.

91 Gregory-McGhee, Kendall DE 6-5 273 RFr. Aurora, Colo. (Cherokee Trail HS)
XX Epping, Zac OL 6-2 274 Fr. Kenosha, Wis. (Tremper HS)
62 Mottla, Zach OL 6-2 274 RFr. Edina, Minn. (Cretin-Derham Hall HS)
63 Brinkhaus, Andy OL 6-3 276 Sr. Bloomington, Minn. (Bloomington Jefferson)
XX Tauaefa, Josh DL 6-2 281 Fr. Corinth, Texas (Lake Dallas HS)
64 Hahn, Austin DL 6-4 287 So. Hartford, Wis. (Hartford HS)
65 Jacques, Eric OL 6-2 287 RFr. Pompano Beach, Fla. (Ely HS)
58 Olson, Ed OL 6-7 288 RFr. Mahtomedi, Minn. (Mahtomedi HS)
53 Burris, D.J. OL 6-2 290 Sr. Kenton, Ohio (Kenton)
XX Eggen, Matt OL 6-5 290 Fr. LaCrosse, Wis. (Logan HS)
99 Hageman, Ra'Shede DE 6-6 294 RFr. Minneapolis, Minn. (Washburn HS)
96 Kirksey, Brandon DT 6-2 294 Jr. St. Louis, Mo. (Hazelwood East)
75 Michel, Brooks OL 6-7 295 RFr. Carmel, Ind. (Carmel HS)
78 Orton, Ryan OL 6-4 296 Jr. Eden Prairie, Minn. (Eden Prairie)
60 Wynn, Ryan OL 6-5 296 Jr. Plymouth, Minn. (Maple Grove)
89 Delaney, Curran DL 6-1 297 So. Victoria, Minn. (Holy Family HS)
XX Gjere, Jimmy OL 6-7 300 Fr. New Brighton, Minn. (Irondale HS)
97 Jacobs, Anthony DE 6-2 300 Jr. Northfield, Minn. (Northfield)
73 Carufel, Matt OL 6-5 302 Sr. Forest Lake, Minn. (Notre Dame)
98 Ferguson, Sean DL 6-6 306 Fr. Philadelphia, Penn. (The Hun School)
XX Legania, Harold DL 6-4 306 Fr. New Orleans, La. (Edna Karr HS)
68 Bunders, Chris OL 6-3 322 Jr. Maple Grove, Minn. (Osseo)
76 Alford, Dominic OL 6-3 336 Sr. Cleveland, Ohio (Shaker Heights)
XX Ragoo, Johnathan OL 6-7 342 Fr. Opa Locka, Fla. (Monsignor Pace HS)
68 Edwards, Jewhan DT 6-1 350 Jr. Philadelphia, Pa. (Roman Catholic)
71 Wills, Jeff OL 6-7 365 Sr. Laurelton, N.Y. (Lackawanna College)

By comparison, our previous rosters 270 lbs. and over:

2005--15 (3 at 300 lbs. or more)
2006--18 (4 at 300 or more)
2007--22 (9 were listed at 270-275, only 13 over 275, of which 9 who were at 300 or more)
2008--23 (7 at 300 or more)
2009--24 (9 at 300 or more)

You are not serious.

If these guys are coached up in technique (should be getting there) at the BT level we will have a defense of the likes that has never been seen in Minnesota...ever. Not even imagined.

I know this won't happen, but if we end up hurting at Mike a 6'5" 273# stud might be the down hill type that would terminate the Wisky running game.

"...never been seen in Minnesota...ever." Please check out the D from 1960 and 1961.

Top Bottom