One Shining Moment

B

boner4goldy

At about the ten minute mark of tonight's game, when unc looked like they were going to score 120 points and win by 50, I started thinking, at least there is still one shining moment. You can make fun of me all you want, but it is one of my favorite things. When I was in 3rd grade I, for some reason, brought a recorded version class to show everyone because i thought it was so sweet. I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this years tribute to the tournament. I was slightly disappointed, but I think it has to do with how lame the tournament was this year. There were no good Cinderella stories, a lack of really exciting games in the early rounds, and a pretty boring final four.

Overall, regarding the video.
1) Very disapointed not to even see a split second of the gophers, tubby, or goldy.
2) Too much Blake Griffin.
3) It killed me to see that Wisconsin shot in there as well as a few other clips they got in the video.

Worst Ever

One Shining moment was TERRIBLE! We felt that they only showcased about 10 teams. I think every team should at least have one millisecond clip...god knows they could have taken away some time from Mizzou and their 20 clips!

I usually get chills and choked up when I see One Shining Moment - this time, I felt nothing...but that may of been because I was dead inside after seeing MSU lose :(.

It's a lame & annoying attempt at drama, as they continue to use it, it'll get worse. Did anyone (else) feel that some of the fans at halftime in the backround (with signs) seemed almost like they were planted there to hype the halftime show? It just seemed fake .. almost like a Super Bowl half time fake feel to it.

There was not a single frame of the Gophers? That's outrageous. I missed it because I was watching to ESPN's analysis of the game.

I agree that it was pretty weak this year. And I love that part of the college basketball season! Usually they do some lame sparkle effects on the ball that make it super cheesy. I can't recall seing any of that, and that's part of what makes it great. Also having to watch Hansbrough :eek: with his strange emotions again, so awkward.

I enjoyed the sequence of all the players diving for loose balls.

Weakest "One Shining Moment" I've ever seen. It's as if they try to tweak it a little from last time and this time they failed instead of making it better.

I don't care if it's the "same as last time" because once it's "great", why not try and duplicate it?

I'm with all the others that say everyone of the 65 teams should have that milli-second of time rather than clips over and over again of Blake, Missouri and so many clips of the final game.

To me "making it to the 'dance'" and March Madness is about everyone making it, not just some of the good games or the stars who we see all the time. Wish there were a forum to let our feelings known to the producers.

That being said, I can't wait 'til next November and Tubby's Team!!

I just watched it for the first time. Didn't really have a problem with it. They pretty much covered all the most important & dramatic shots of the tournament. There's no way humanly possible they could get all 65 teams into it. And if they did, that would defeat the purpose of having it. Bottom line is nowhere near all the teams are going to have a "shining moment" once they make the tournament.

Just watched again on youtube. Quickly counted as I went through it and counted 33 teams.

I think it's a tough job trying to boil three weeks into just more than four minutes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I saw KU-U. One would think that Cole would have been a worthy inclusion, given the tournament's first triple-double in a few years.

Go Gophers!!

Don't remember seeing Cole, but right at the beginning there was the Kansas fan holding her baby.

Just watched it for the first time. I'm glad Dahlman made it in (jumping on the back of Suton). Along with that putback at the end of the title game he now has enough justification for going to MSU.

Dahlman's put-back

That cost me $35. Watching with some friends and we all put in $5 before the game, picked winner & total points. I had UNC and total points ending anywhere between 151-159. ID's bucket right before the buzzer put it at 161.

I'd rather sit through a Celine Dion concert without benefit of cocktails, than listen to that insipid song. That is, until Goldy stars in the video.

Top Bottom