OMG! Season's Over!!!111!1!

Sorry. I don't think saying that some one the list having meaningless NFL careers is idiotic.

So having a "meaningless" NFL career and drawing an NFL paycheck is not better than never being in the NFL and never drawing an NFL paycheck? Good to know! Now I can say I am as good of a football player as Arland Bruce! Awesome!

And this is just a question, but Mason coached the 97 Gophers, are you sure Brewer, Riley weren't Mason recruit's? Same with Bruce? Looking when the lettered, even if they sat out a year they look to be Mason recruits.

Bruce was a senior in '99, and Riley was a redshirt jr. So if you want to give Mason credit for recruiting them in '96, when he was still coaching Kansas and a full year away from coaching the Gophers, then by all means, be my guest. I'd rather give Wacker credit, since he was, you know, coaching the Gophers at the time. But that's just me.

And you got me, Brewer was a redshirt sophomore, so it is possible that he was recruited by Mason, even though Mason didn't start at Minnesota until December, well into the recruiting season. So it is just as likely that Wacker played an influential role in Brewer signing, especially since he was from Texas and Wacker was a successful coach in Texas.

But since Mason was the coach when Brewer switched over to and ultimately signed with Minnesota, we can give him to Mason. So now, the new math is 8 = 1. Hey everybody, 8 = 1!

Hopefully our defense plays well enough for us to win 7, I don't think we're good enough on that side of the ball to sweep. What do I want, I want to see improvement, I think we went from an average offense last year to a poor offense this year. Eric Decker has accounted for 1/3 of our total offense, what happens next year?

once again i have to point out the obvious........tied with no 6 cal with 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter..... down to Wisconsin by three with two minutes to go in the 4th after a big red zone stop with the ball and a chance to win...... only give up 13 points(not counting the horrible phantom touch down call) against 17 pen with two and should have been three red zone stops.... two sack strips against n western in the 4th quarter a team that has beat us two years in a row and not to mention by one of the sack strips was by a player who will be here 4 more years that kills that we will be worse next year argument...and a sack at to end the game and the interception in ot against Syracuse. fumble recoveries for touch downs against cal and air force....... yet comes the cries we are not improving we are not good on defense whats going to happen when Decker is gone
the same thing you do when Willie left the same thing Florida will have to do when tebow leaves its called the star in waiting steps up its called reloading.... enough already shhesh

this thread kills me. we have some great leaders right now that are seniors who are doing a great job of blending with the youth we have right now in some spots, but other than Decker, they are lunch pale guys. There will be no drop off next year and the young talent we have will make some big strides. The year after, when our young O line recruits beef up and the young D prospects have a full year of being starters, I fully expect us to have a break out year.

Quit being scared that we are losing the Sr's we are, this is college football, turnover happens, I trust that our highly ranked recruiting classes are just that, and will be able to perform once thrown on the field next year. Other teams will be losing some key guys too, so its not like we will be taking this same team, less the Sr's, against the same teams we are playing now.

I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention to this thread earlier. This one calls for popcorn.

Top Bottom