Omaha World-Herald football issue says Minnesota is Nebraska's real rival

The loser Husker fans on the internet...that's another story.
Can confirm.

I met TWO separate groups of husker fans when I went to Florida for the Outback bowl.

One saw we were Gopher fans while eating at a pizza place and he came over and sat with us for a while. He was more sure (well drunk too) of a Gopher win than I was ...

Then later at the game I got hugs after the win from another Neb fan at the game ;)

Good fans.

Despite some unfortuante situations I'm glad they're in the B1G and their fans are great.

Can confirm.

I met TWO separate groups of husker fans when I went to Florida for the Outback bowl.

One saw we were Gopher fans while eating at a pizza place and he came over and sat with us for a while. He was more sure (well drunk too) of a Gopher win than I was ...

Then later at the game I got hugs after the win from another Neb fan at the game ;)

Good fans.

Despite some unfortuante situations I'm glad they're in the B1G and their fans are great.
i've walked through their tailgate lots and strangers will give you beer and food even if you're decked out in gopher gear

walk through wisconsin and you get called a F%G amongst other brilliant insults

never seen a fight, but yes, they'll hurl insults at you just for wearing other team gear
Wisconsin fans are the worst I've ever been around and it's not even close. The verbal insults are way over the top and I have seen fights too.

Wisconsin fans are the worst I've ever been around and it's not even close. The verbal insults are way over the top and I have seen fights too.
Only time I got close to hitting someone / getting hit was a gopher game vs Wisc. Some Wisc kid just drunk out of his mind was shuffling down the row at the metrodome. No big deal. Then he bumps an old guy's wife next to me back into her chair. I'm sure it was accidental, kid wasn't even looking at her / just bumped her because he wasn't steady. Husband (who sets next to me) gives the kid a light shove as he walks by husband guy and then me "hey don't push my wife".

Drunk kid still walking realizes what he hears (after making his way down the row a bunch, I guess it took a while for his brain to process it) and then comes shoving his way back down the row past everyone to get to old husband guy. Before he can get to husband guy I grab drunk kid by his coat (kinda hitting him in the chest accidentally) and then hold him at arms length. Kid starts to raise his hands at husband guy but can't reach him as I'm in-between holding kid. I just say "What are you going to do?" thinking something like "Dude is 80... you gonna try to hit an 80 year old dude?"

FORTUNATELY drunk guy's buddies realize what is up and one runs down the row "sorry, sorry, sorry" and grabs his buddy and pulls him out of there.

Security (real cops) just a couple rows behind us saw it all and after they got to the walk way up there I heard security guy tell them their buddy was gonna get hauled off to jail if they didn't leave. The whole group didn't return to their seats.

All stupid too much (like WAY too much) booze stuff that happens. Like 'bad drunk / serious life problems" kinda angst + booze I think.

It's all so stupid as IMO sports should be about good sportsmanship, fun, and etc. Fun trash talk is fine ... but everyone should be having a good time together.

Sure lookin' like they are gonna have to run the gauntlet to get to 6-1!

Have to disagree. Traveling Iowa fans are the worst.

Have to disagree. Traveling Iowa fans are the worst.
I do remember horrible Iowa fans at the dome but I feel like they've been better behaved at the bank. My experience at Madison is the worst experience I've ever had though.

Only time I got close to hitting someone / getting hit was a gopher game vs Wisc. Some Wisc kid just drunk out of his mind was shuffling down the row at the metrodome. No big deal. Then he bumps an old guy's wife next to me back into her chair. I'm sure it was accidental, kid wasn't even looking at her / just bumped her because he wasn't steady. Husband (who sets next to me) gives the kid a light shove as he walks by husband guy and then me "hey don't push my wife".

Drunk kid still walking realizes what he hears (after making his way down the row a bunch, I guess it took a while for his brain to process it) and then comes shoving his way back down the row past everyone to get to old husband guy. Before he can get to husband guy I grab drunk kid by his coat (kinda hitting him in the chest accidentally) and then hold him at arms length. Kid starts to raise his hands at husband guy but can't reach him as I'm in-between holding kid. I just say "What are you going to do?" thinking something like "Dude is 80... you gonna try to hit an 80 year old dude?"

FORTUNATELY drunk guy's buddies realize what is up and one runs down the row "sorry, sorry, sorry" and grabs his buddy and pulls him out of there.

Security (real cops) just a couple rows behind us saw it all and after they got to the walk way up there I heard security guy tell them their buddy was gonna get hauled off to jail if they didn't leave. The whole group didn't return to their seats.

All stupid too much (like WAY too much) booze stuff that happens. Like 'bad drunk / serious life problems" kinda angst + booze I think.

It's all so stupid as IMO sports should be about good sportsmanship, fun, and etc. Fun trash talk is fine ... but everyone should be having a good time together.
Glad there were no chair legs around...:p

P.S. I think Slab you know this reference...wonder where the Stein is?

Top Bottom