Poncho. Where did you get it/Brand? Feedback
Rain Gear. 2 Piece? One Piece? Where did you get it/Brand? Feedback
Other ideas???

What are everyone's recommendations?

Post your knowledge
Other ideas???

i would prepare yourself just in case, but just an fyi that i heard on the local minneapolis newcasts tonight that the feeling was less of a chance of rain as earlier thought (30%) and if it does rain this weekend it shouldn't be a "washout".

to your main question.....do you live near the u of m campus? have you checked at any of the gold country or goldy's locker room stores for gopher branded rain gear? just a thought.

What are everyone's recommendations?

Post your knowledge
Other ideas???

All that means is i'll have to reapply facepaint when I get there. can't wait to have my shirt stained with maroon :clap:

Isn't it awesome that fans now have to even prepare for rain!?!?! This is God's way of punishing Minnesota for being in a dome so long :).

Now the rain worries me a little. Usually in rainy weather the team that can run the ball has the advantage and I don't think anyone will disagree that AF has a superior running game as their QB threw a total of 7 passes last game.

Gold country at the stadium had 2 different rain ponchos when I was there. One was $5 in a white bag, but the sales guy told me the poncho itself was gold/yellow. (couldn't verify without opening) The other one was a heavier gage $16 version, that was maroon and gold with emblem.

if it rains real hard you can just drain one without leaving your seat.

It doesn't look like it will be a washout. In fact, at this point the forecast looks like there is a better chance it won't rain at all. If it does rain, it looks like one of those scattered showers type situation which usually isn't that big of a deal. I have cabelas guidewear for super rainy days and I WON'T be bringing that.

I've been planning on buying a water-resistant/proof jacket anyway, so the potential for rain this week will just accelerate my purchase a little bit. I plan to look at GC and the bookstore.

Like Schnauzer said though, there may not be an issue this week.

It doesn't look like it will be a washout. In fact, at this point the forecast looks like there is a better chance it won't rain at all. If it does rain, it looks like one of those scattered showers type situation which usually isn't that big of a deal.

How loud will the cheer from the crowd be if we get a little rain midway through the game? We've waited so long for outdoor college football and a little rain will be symbolic that we've finally made things right.

This and my bibs are in the car

C64YLW
[

If it rains it rains, im not gonna worry about getting wet. Relish the elements, screw the poncho.

I have a double wide poncho with two head holes that me and the Mrs. used to share. It served us well over the years at baseball games and whatnot.

How loud will the cheer from the crowd be if we get a little rain midway through the game? We've waited so long for outdoor college football and a little rain will be symbolic that we've finally made things right.

I hope you are right...but why does the pessimist in me think that at the first drop of rain the blue hairs are going to be running for the concourses?

I hope you are right...but why does the pessimist in me think that at the first drop of rain the blue hairs are going to be running for the concourses?

Or families who were bringing their young kids so they can say they were there.

I'm not poking fun here - just an observation.

It is the Minnesota perogotive that a 30% chance of showers = certainty of a rainstorm.

It would not be a typical Minnesota reaction to say, "cool, theres a 70% chance that we'll have great football weather."

I am one of us too, and much more focused on the 30% rain than the 70% no-rain scenario.

Good lord I would be ashamed to be a Minnesotan if this happened.
I absolutely can't wait until we get a SNOW game, a nice 25 degree, blizzard game. I swear if anyone leaves due to rain they should be stripped of they're season tickets after 20 years of stale, dome air, If it rains I'm going to look up, feel it on my face, and cheer even louder for the Maroon and Gold.

Well, maybe it will just rain during the game and be nice the rest of the day. :)

Football in 25 degree weather isn't cold... it's brisk! Wear warm socks and long johns, and a Gopher sweater under your Gopher jacket, and you're set. Might consider putting aside the Gophers baseball cap and putting on a Gophers knit cap.

If the coffee and hot chocolate is good at the stadium, that's a plus. A mini bottle of whiskey tucked into your boot would be a nice touch, but that would be wrong, so I know no one will do it. :D:D

I hope there is at least one bad weather game at TCF this year so the blue hairs who tell me to sit down and quit yelling will decide to not renew their season tickets next year. I'm sure that bad weather will encourage some of the older fans who loved the dome to not come back next year.

I hope there is at least one bad weather game at TCF this year so the blue hairs who tell me to sit down and quit yelling will decide to not renew their season tickets next year. I'm sure that bad weather will encourage some of the older fans who loved the dome to not come back next year.

+1

agreed. nothing worse than people telling you to sit down and stop yelling so much at a football game! if we all work together we can drive all of those fans away and fill the stadium with people that ARE actually excited to be there.

I hear they have invented a way for people to watch football games in complete comfort. It allows you to watch the game in a comfortable seat of your choice, temperature controlled just the way you like it, and you will be shielded from any inclement weather.

The technology is called your living room couch.

If it rains, it will be the football Gods' tears of joy that we're finally outside. I'll be joining them.

Wow..This spiraled out of control..JK

I guess the intent of my original post was not that I am worried about it raining, and me being made of sugar and melting away.

The intent was that it will rain someday, and it will also rain someday and be cold, and I wanted to know what gear others had experiences with and their feedback.

We can all handle a few drops of rain, but has anyone been soaked to the bone in 35 degree weather for 3 hours, its not that fun.

Do I just go with the 15 dollar pvc rainsuit from the gas station, or do I shell out for some really "great stuff"? What is "great stuff"? What is reasonable but works really well?

That's all I was after.

I'm going with the cheap $5 poncho from Goldy's Locker Room until it proves to be inadequate. If that happens, then I'll upgrade.

I see the updated forecast on wunderground kept the Saturday chance of rain at 40% but they just LOWERED the Saturday night chance of rain to 20%.

hmmm...

I guess the intent of my original post was not that I am worried about it raining, and me being made of sugar and melting away.

I was going with the 'Wicker Witch of the West thing.....:clap:

I'm going to let you in on a secret...

I'm not poking fun here - just an observation.

It is the Minnesota perogotive that a 30% chance of showers = certainty of a rainstorm.

It would not be a typical Minnesota reaction to say, "cool, theres a 70% chance that we'll have great football weather."

I am one of us too, and much more focused on the 30% rain than the 70% no-rain scenario.

The weather service is not giving odds....30% chance actually means that in these atmospheric conditions it had rained 30% of the time in the past. Even then the numbers are rounded up or down using the scientific rounding rules, 1-5 is 5 and 6-10 is the up zero. With that kind of extra vagness bullt-in it's not hard to see why they are wrong so often. Every now and then NOAA tries to clear this up, but the idea is too ingrained in peoples mind.

Well, it looks now like you all can postpone your rainy-weather gear planning at least a week and the flyover is safe. The forecast for Saturday just "dried up" quite a bit. GAME ON!!!

Top Bottom