OK Smart Guys - See if you can do better

O: Nelson & Engle
D: Cockran & Lynn

Offense Fruechte and Max Williams
Defense Wilson

Off: Maxx Williams
Def: Thieran Cochran
S/T: Whoever wins the punting job

Wilson and Murray. Kirkwood and Williams.

By the third game Edwards will be the starting RB and reach 1,000 yards.

Wells' switch in position will gain him honorable mention all B1G10.

My Picks: Offense: Jon Christianson Derek Engel Isaac Fruechte Max Williams

Defense: Derek Wells Cedric Dicke Scott Ekpe Ben Holcomb

Offense - Harbison
Defense - Lynn or Wilson (depending who wins the MLB start)

Offense - Drew Wolitarsky is getting a lot very positive press on his level of skill, his work ethic, his under rated speed and his ability to go up and get the ball. There is a reason that he broke Steve Smith's California high school record for most receiving yards. This guy is ready and has a chip on his shoulder. The other players this summer have reported back to Kill that this guy is Good! That is good enough for me to select him.

Defense – My choice for defense may be a little bit predicated on need but I am fine with that. That need is at linebacker so my choice is not a specific person but the linebacker position.

Special teams – There is lot of talented new kickers on this team this fall but nobody will be able to kick it off better than Ryan Santoso. I doubt if we will see very many kickoffs they can be taken out of end zone. That should make our kickoff coverage really good this fall. I also expect that there will be a great deal of competition for the position of field goal kicker. The person who wins that position will be the one the coaches believe can do it during game conditions.

Last year I picked Wright and Eldred to have breakout years.

Meh.

OK, so I'm not the best prognosticator of individual talent but lets see if you can do better. Rules - there are no rules except the idea is to pick a couple people who will surprise this year. If you pick Hageman, for example, he would have to be named ALL WORLD D TACKLE to surprise since everyone expects him to be good. Same with Nelson and other obvious names.

My picks for this year - Wolitarsky and McDonald. I think DW will get a lot of short and medium passes thrown his way because he can catch anything. I think McDonald will see the light after being kicked out of school for a semester. It worked for me anyway.

OK, Smart Guys - your turn

Offense - KJ Maye

Defense - James Manuel

Other predictions:
Gophers 8-4 (4-4)
Wisconsin 6-6 (3-5)
Johnny Football gets benched at least once this year

It's hard to select a receiver because it's also dependent on the quarterback. However, they have the most room to grow. Which leads me to believe a tight end has the easiest path to going from nobody to somebody (statistically) because they are structurally under the radar. I'm going to hope that somebody is Moses; he must have something athletically to have not been moved earlier.

Another candidate is Roderick Williams. He proved his worth as freshman. Yet now he has a years worth of college conditioning and maturity. Could mature into some strong gains in strength, then combine that with improved technique and speed; this kid should double his output.

On defense: Aaron Hill is my horse. I saw a some big plays and some big penalties. Seems like every game I watched he did something dumb that got us fifteen yards. If he gets a step faster those "dumb" penalties become game changing plays for the better. I think the kid is a natural at finding the ball and with increased depth on the D line, he should free up even more. I think he does turn into the next big play machine at LB for us.

Top Bottom