OK, I'm In

Jamiche is not a bandwagon fan. Meanwhile, we need all the fans we can get. Many of the fans of today hopped in the bandwagon when Bill Musselman showed up and never left.

Uh...isn't what Jammer posted basically the definition of jumping on the bandwagon? That he has posted here for centuries does not change the fact that he is just now "in" with respect to the 2012/13 Gopher basketball team. His OP is declaring that he is now on the bandwagon, right?

Talk is cheap guys. I want to see all of you that are jumping on the bandwagon at Williams Arena for every game through the end of the season. This team is fun to watch so don't miss an opportunity. Let's recreate the atmosphere from the Michigan State game for every remaining home game this year.

Hey, now. I was joking. I never stopped following, just stopped posting.

Don't slam jamiche for having a wait and see attitude. Blame Monson for that and injuries and stubborness on Tubby's part early on.. I welcome all folks to the bandwagon. Plenty of room. Now, if you want to rip jamiche, how about his take that Adrian Peterson seems like he was kind of slow.. based on a few pre season games his rookie season. :)

I think AP under achieved this year. If he was capable of turning the corner he definitely could have gained another nine yards. :)

Uh...isn't what Jammer posted basically the definition of jumping on the bandwagon? That he has posted here for centuries does not change the fact that he is just now "in" with respect to the 2012/13 Gopher basketball team. His OP is declaring that he is now on the bandwagon, right?

There's a difference between support and judgement. I've never withheld support for the team or the program. I've often withheld judgement about how good they really are, including this year up until now.

Lets all have some fun, grandma always said the more the merrier. She also liked a little Korbel and water at family get togethers.

At the start of the year, the "bandwagon" contained only a few of us old farts who have been Gopher fans since the late 50's. As the season has progressed, more wagons have been added to the convoy, with more people ready to jump on. Now, we have extra wagons available on an as need basis, and they will be needed to bring on any and all who want on board.

http://www.equiculture.org/Data/Sit...8mweb97e13fa6-0215-4e82-b093-555904a3ea98.jpg

I never got off the Gophers wagon, but I had a hard time and still have some reservations about Tubby's coaching here, which are based solely on results in the first 5 years.

Somehow, he was given a gift from the NCAA and thank god Maturi had moved on so that Trevor could stay eligible. I'm not sure Maturi would have let the DUI slide. Apparently Teague has a softer spot in his heart for student athletes and wants to actually help the Gophers win. Maturi was just a d**k!

Moving forward, Tubby's legacy at Minnesota will be tied to this season and how it plays out. I don't think we'll be this good next year and if he doesn't land 2 of the 3 studs from 2014, this could be best chance for a deep run with Minnesota. I really am rooting for Tubby to have the last laugh over doubters like me.

I am even on board and was impressed with some of Tubby's moves in the Illini game. He recognized the bench was not up to speed and he played the starters, legit starters minutes. He called a crucial timeout in the 2nd half when the Illini were on a run...He had our defenders over-playing the three down the stretch and it really caused the Illini fits.

Kudos to Tubby and keep it up!

I'm sure Tubby is reading this and is pleased that you are such a staunch supporter. I know he's been worrying about it a lot lately, so now he'll sleep better knowing you're on board.

I never got off the Gophers wagon, but I had a hard time and still have some reservations about Tubby's coaching here, which are based solely on results in the first 5 years.

Somehow, he was given a gift from the NCAA and thank god Maturi had moved on so that Trevor could stay eligible. I'm not sure Maturi would have let the DUI slide. Apparently Teague has a softer spot in his heart for student athletes and wants to actually help the Gophers win. Maturi was just a d**k!

Moving forward, Tubby's legacy at Minnesota will be tied to this season and how it plays out. I don't think we'll be this good next year and if he doesn't land 2 of the 3 studs from 2014, this could be best chance for a deep run with Minnesota. I really am rooting for Tubby to have the last laugh over doubters like me.

I am even on board and was impressed with some of Tubby's moves in the Illini game. He recognized the bench was not up to speed and he played the starters, legit starters minutes. He called a crucial timeout in the 2nd half when the Illini were on a run...He had our defenders over-playing the three down the stretch and it really caused the Illini fits.

Excellent post.

BTW, I was expecting to be more impressed by Brandon Paul than I was. Maybe he was thrown off by the bloody nose but it seemed like they were able to affect him psychologically pretty easily. He's kind of a preener.

Seriously, quit acting like you have been handed the Rosetta Stone of Basketball Knowledge directly from John Wooden, who got it from John Naismith. You were, "Impressed with some of Tubby's moves in the Illinois game," and then go on to tell us and Tubby what he did right. Who the hell cares? You also predicted Illinois would blow us out.

I know this is where folks give their opinions, but honest to God, nobody makes them more pompously than you. You must think the first thing Tubby does each morning is to get on GH and see what pearls of wisdom you're dispensing. I love the enthusiasm and positive vibe that is flowing right now on GH, but the meltdown when we lose that first conference game ain't going to be pretty, and I have a hard time believing you're not going to be leading the charge. Please be gentle when Tubby loses your approval so he's not even more shattered by the loss.

Seriously, quit acting like you have been handed the Rosetta Stone of Basketball Knowledge directly from John Wooden, who got it from John Naismith. You were, "Impressed with some of Tubby's moves in the Illinois game," and then go on to tell us and Tubby what he did right. Who the hell cares? You also predicted Illinois would blow us out.

I know this is where folks give their opinions, but honest to God, nobody makes them more pompously than you. You must think the first thing Tubby does each morning is to get on GH and see what pearls of wisdom you're dispensing. I love the enthusiasm and positive vibe that is flowing right now on GH, but the meltdown when we lose that first conference game ain't going to be pretty, and I have a hard time believing you're not going to be leading the charge. Please be gentle when Tubby loses your approval so he's not even more shattered by the loss.

Was John Naismath a son of, a brother of, or cousin of James Naismath?

Top Bottom