OHIO STATE'S AMIR RIEP, JAHSEN WINT CHARGED WITH RAPE, KIDNAPPING

GopherLady

Reaction score
This is sickening, if true.

Riep, according to the complaint, “held the victim in place, restraining the liberty of another,” and pushed the victim “down by the neck then held her in place with his hands and body, with the purpose to engage in sexual activity with and against the will of said victim.”

According to the affidavit, Riep filmed the victim and told her to give her name and say the incident was consensual before driving her back to her residence.

Full article -> https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...riep-jahsen-wint-charged-with-rape-kidnapping

They should have read the sign:
BM-p4yoCEAEhqan.jpg

What's that say when you need signs like that?
That you need more signs.

There was another one out there at another school where it said "Respect" and they obviously added "Treat women with" as a secondary sticker later.... talk about disturbing.

Maybe they interpret the sign as saying "Treat Women With No Respect."

Prayers for the young lady to find the strength to learn to live with this. I'm not sure recovery is possible.

In the most grudging, very slightest comment in no way supportive of them - I hope it's true so that their names aren't wrongfully associated with this. However, if true, they're disgusting animals.

Back in time for the Michigan game you think?

If found guilty, I hope they throw the book at these guys because the story as it has been presented is beyond sick. But we need to be careful not to rush to judgement in these cases until the process plays out.

We know first hand the twists and turns cases like this can take as more details emerge.

Video might say quite a bit. Are the guys heard threatening her, putting their hands on her neck, laughing at her, is she crying etc.? If so they are gone and won't ever see the football game until an NFL team wants them that seems to take them all.

Hard to believe an Urban Meyer recruit getting in trouble.

Looks like Day has kicked the two of them off the team. That to me says there is a very good chance they are guilty of what they were accused of because usually when there is doubt teams will air on the side of caution and stick with a suspension. To kick them out makes me think they feel pretty confident that this is not going to end well for these two.

That you need more signs.

There was another one out there at another school where it said "Respect" and they obviously added "Treat women with" as a secondary sticker later.... talk about disturbing.
Hopefully they spelled respect correctly. 1581611116879.jpeg

More crime news likely to come...

A bomb might be dropping soon on a former Badger from about a decade ago in a double murder case. A name hasn't officially been released, but it's being thrown out by close friends of the victims. I know I'm going off topic, but didn't want to start a new thread until the name is officially released.

A bomb might be dropping soon on a former Badger from about a decade ago in a double murder case. A name hasn't officially been released, but it's being thrown out by close friends of the victims. I know I'm going off topic, but didn't want to start a new thread until the name is officially released.

Is that the situation where everyone attending medical conferences all know about whodunit and talk about it openly?

Video might say quite a bit. Are the guys heard threatening her, putting their hands on her neck, laughing at her, is she crying etc.? If so they are gone and won't ever see the football game until an NFL team wants them that seems to take them all.
If so they should only see the inside of a jail cell for the rest of their lives. It isn't enough to kick players off the team for felonies. If you want women on your campus to feel safe, you have to make them know that no one is above the law.

How do you figure?
Umm you’re aware that we’ve had guys do time and/or be kicked off the team for sexual crimes or allegations serious enough to dismiss, right?

No reason it couldn’t be us again next.

Although Penn State is different.... Pretty sure no child boy rapists here.

Umm you’re aware that we’ve had guys do time and/or be kicked off the team for sexual crimes or allegations serious enough to dismiss, right?

Anyone might cheer for a team where someone does something bad.

Doesn't mean you can't say that thing is bad.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

... It is possible for "crimes" to be alleged, even though never committed.

... Allegations may stem from a crime having been committed, but it's also possible for allegations to be false.

... If "guys did time", that means arrests were actually made, trials actually took place in court, and the trial(s) resulted in convictions. If no arrests were made, and no trial occurred, then there was/were no convictions.

The word "allegations" is not a synonym to "crimes". Anyone — and I mean anyone — can be accused.

... Allegations may stem from a crime having been committed, but it's also possible for allegations to be false.

... If "guys did time", that means arrests were actually made, trials actually took place in court, and the trial(s) resulted in convictions. If no arrests were made, and no trial occurred, then there was/were no convictions.

The word "allegations" is not a synonym to "crimes". Anyone — and I mean anyone — can be accused.

Even though the majority of allegations are legitimate there are some that obviously are not or circumstances are murky at best eg the Gopher scandal. Some here don’t seem to realize they may be falsely accused at some time in their adult lives. Those that have “been around the block” some know better.

You are aware that some coaches have had MANY more players accused/convicted of all kinds of crimes compared to others, right? Actually you must not be aware of the lengthy track record of some of kids that have played for Urban Meyer.

Like our excellent President.

I’ve noticed that hockey teams/players don’t tend to have this issue that seems common in football.

I’ve noticed that hockey teams/players don’t tend to have this issue that seems common in football.

Sure they do. Google it.

It’s less common, but there are also significantly fewer college hockey players, as compared to football.

Top Bottom