***OFFICIAL wisconsin AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Yes, we need bigs, but the guards are terrible at rebounding, too. The bounced out deep over and over and over and no guard was there to pick it up.

No one on this team has any physicality. Curry tries, but literally can't jump.

They try, but just can't.
Coach knows roster size limitation of this team... doesn't want cheap fouls. Half of the time, they don't even try. If we had any bench at all, guards could be more aggressive at digging for rebounds and make up for lack of bigs to some extent. Not happening this year.

Despite the heartbreak, I love this team. There are some decent pieces here. I think they would have a few more wins if they had a few more players on the bench to play some minutes. I appreciate Willis coming back from illness to take the court.
Coach knows roster size limitation of this team... doesn't want cheap fouls. Half of the time, they don't even try. If we had any bench at all, guards could be more aggressive at digging for rebounds and make up for lack of bigs to some extent. Not happening this year.

100%

It's something that we knew was going to be an issue.

There are some decent pieces here. I think they would have a few more wins if they had a few more players on the bench to play some minutes.
That and if they had some players who could rebound the ball consistently. If you can't rebound you have little room for error.

Good game, good effort. I think BJ matches up really well against the badgers, at least with this roster. Hope for a more interesting series into the future based on what I saw tonight.

tip of the hat to Sutherlin tonight. Showed up on the offensive end and may have cost davis a little money with how well he defended.

That and if they had some players who could rebound the ball consistently. If you can't rebound you have little room for error.
They never put a body on anyone! Some of those rebounds we just stood around and did nothing.

They never put a body on anyone! Some of those rebounds we just stood around and did nothing.
Love it or hate it... that is part of the strategy. It seems that it has gotten worse as the year goes on. I think they have to run lines if anyone so much as looks at a rebound in practice! I am glad that it will be a mostly new roster next year or this habit of ignoring rebounds could be hard to break!

Good effort tonight. Ultimately sigh u may again unfortunately. I like that Ben seems to have a good game plan vs Wisconsin. Still blows to lose and I just hate Wisconsin. I hope they win 0 games next year without that turd Davison and Davis gone

Tough loss. opportunities were there.
Had a big game feel. Crowd looked good on TV.

On to Indiana! Senior Day! Eric Curry's final home game, will be very emotional for him. Hope we can get him one more win here.

Ski-U-Mah

We still have The Axe.

Big Ten should be ashamed and embarrassed at tonight's officials. Not about the calls they made,but the way they let Wisconsin players question there every call,good or bad ,and then they would explain to them why they made it, sickens me.
When Davis fouls out they hold a 3 man conference to explain it to him.Why ?
On top of that ,before the game ,Wisconsin coaches an captains get hugs,gophers barely a hand shake.
Why Big Ten is this allowed ?
Disgraceful

Willis made some really crucial mistakes in the last two minutes.
Good game, good effort. I think BJ matches up really well against the badgers, at least with this roster. Hope for a more interesting series into the future based on what I saw tonight.

tip of the hat to Sutherlin tonight. Showed up on the offensive end and may have cost davis a little money with how well he defended.
Sutherlin can flat out get to the basket, terrible hands but when he's making them he actually looks very good. Exceptional defense all night.

It seems like Willis's game changed after the 30 point outing against Rutgers, more about individual play and he tends to force things as apposed to a team first approach, shades of Carr.

Purdue and Illinois are the only Sweet 16 teams. Maybe MSU.
My bad, I was being bitter last night. Purdue could go far and yes Illinois will probably be peaking at the right time with Cuerbelo healthy and Kofi being the beast that he is. Ohio state has the size to match anybody and Izzo is Izzo. Teams I don't really trust, Iowa, Wisconsin

Big Ten should be ashamed and embarrassed at tonight's officials. Not about the calls they made,but the way they let Wisconsin players question there every call,good or bad ,and then they would explain to them why they made it, sickens me.
On top of that ,before the game ,Wisconsin coaches an captains get hugs,gophers barely a hand shake.
Disgraceful
Regarding the complaining, it's clearly a strategy of theirs. I don't think it's something that would warrant a technical foul though, if that's what you're implying.

There are also coaches that complain non-stop and that is their strategy that makes them think they are influencing the refs. Hard to say if any of it works. I think last night the refs were inconsistent, but didn't necessarily end up favoring one team or the other (and I'm not always one to defend refs, if you've ever seen me in the football in-game threads).

Disgraceful
I got Ts in HS for questioning 🤨 calls

I got Ts in HS for questioning 🤨 calls
College is probably going to give more leeway than HS. Also depends on the ref. I played organized (refereed) basketball into my 40's and a lot just depends on the ref and also how you complain.

Top Bottom