Official: USC hires Eric Musselman to replace Andy Enfield

GopherLady

Reaction score
Per the AP:

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Eric Musselman was hired as Southern California men’s basketball coach on Thursday, the first major hire by new athletic director Jennifer Cohen.

He replaces Andy Enfield, who left for the same job at Southern Methodist on Monday.

The 59-year-old Musselman will be introduced at a news conference on Friday at Galen Center.

The Trojans will move from the Pac-12 to the Big Ten next season.

Combo platter at this juncture and it is a distinction without a difference as well.

This type of hire is becoming more and more prevalent. Coach tells agent that they're going to get fired, so find them a soft-landing spot for my next 5 years, until they need to do it all over again.

47-42 SEC Record and finished 9th or worse 3 of 5 years.

This type of hire is becoming more and more prevalent. Coach tells agent that they're going to get fired, so find them a soft-landing spot for my next 5 years, until they need to do it all over again.

He may have peaked

If USC is the "soft landing" for going 47-42 that's pretty good. What's the soft landing for 15-44?

At Nevada...This would have been his first year at Ark with pretty much all his own recruits, right?

I think you’re right and his talent this year wasn’t the problem - IIRC, he had one of the highest ranked portal classes.

I was referring to Nevada.

So much for "he has a giant annuity at Arkansas and he and his wife LOVE it there! They will never leave" Oh well.
Well, SoCal vs Fayetteville, if they can pay cheddar to live in SoCal unfortunately so be it, sorry Howeda7 :(

Would kill for that SEC record here right now, could take Ben 10 more years to get 47 BIG wins

Top Bottom