***OFFICIAL SOUTHERN ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Felt a lot like last year only we have better players so we get a better outcome. Hope they get it together for Monday night.

Coffey 13, McBrayer 11 w/6asst, Mason 11, Murphy 9 w/7reb , Curry 8 w/11 reb

Ugly game. But we were due for one. Survived it. Need to play far better on Monday.

Super ugly game....but a win is a win. We didn't pull an Indiana....and for that....I'm happy.

6 an 0 is 6 and 0, especially where we are coming from!! Go Gophers!!

Not much to be encouraged by in tonight's performance, but that will happen sometimes. Seeing Bakary Konate play extended minutes was a good reminder of how/why this team struggled so badly last year. Due to the unique nature of this broadcast, I was able to hear most of the arena music tonight...is the DJ trolling the entire crowd or is he/she/the U that out of touch with music tastes in 2016? It was like "wedding mix 2001" was somehow deemed the correct choice for a basketball game in 2016. Back to the game, the Murphy iso's are becoming a bigger issue because now he's not only an ineffective shooter when trying to put the ball on the floor from the top of the key but every team realizes he's not going to pass, so these iso's are now not just missed shots but often turnovers or blocked shots that lead to transition the other way.

Terrible, terrible game.
Win by 12:
I like it.

That's a game we would have lost last year.

Well, we found out how valuable Lynch is tonight. Guys had absolutely no energy either. Looked like they were just going through the motions on offense. Take the W and burn the footage.

Glad to hear Murphy and Curry were solid. Need Lynch back, how is he does anyone know?

Glad to hear Murphy and Curry were solid. Need Lynch back, how is he does anyone know?

He should be good to go for Monday. He was dressed and went through a light warmup. Kimani said they wanted to be cautious.

Who said Murph and Curry were solid? They both struggled quite a bit tonight compared to the first 5 games. Lots of turnovers, blocked shots, etc...

I'm thinking the guys were looking past this game and had a little bit of a thanksgiving hangover.

Not much to be encouraged by in tonight's performance, but that will happen sometimes. Seeing Bakary Konate play extended minutes was a good reminder of how/why this team struggled so badly last year. Due to the unique nature of this broadcast, I was able to hear most of the arena music tonight...is the DJ trolling the entire crowd or is he/she/the U that out of touch with music tastes in 2016? It was like "wedding mix 2001" was somehow deemed the correct choice for a basketball game in 2016. Back to the game, the Murphy iso's are becoming a bigger issue because now he's not only an ineffective shooter when trying to put the ball on the floor from the top of the key but every team realizes he's not going to pass, so these iso's are now not just missed shots but often turnovers or blocked shots that lead to transition the other way.

Absolutely right on Murphy. He's got to learn how to pass out of that double team. He can be a bit of a black hole for stretches.

I feel like Murphy went back to last year and the "I have to put the team on my back" mode. Hopefully he'll learn that he doesn't have to do that and has competent counterparts.

I was certainly happy to see Coffey attack the basket at the end there. We haven't really had to worry much about end of game situations this year. Having Coffey in addition to Mason/McBrayer for guard play should prove invaluable once the games undoubtedly get tighter.

Well, we found out how valuable Lynch is tonight. Guys had absolutely no energy either. Looked like they were just going through the motions on offense. Take the W and burn the footage.

My thoughts exactly. Team was dead. No band and the crowd was dead. Boring, ugly win that felt like last year, except we won.

My thoughts exactly. Team was dead. No band and the crowd was dead. Boring, ugly win that felt like last year, except we won.

I gotta tell ya, the crowd was dead because it wasn't that great of a game. Horrible 3 point shooting by both teams, yet both teams kept launching away. God-awful free throw shooting. Don't blame those of us that were there. Were you there? I was.

They won. Last year they would have lost. We won with defense and methodical, patient, calm play. We learned a lesson about how thin we really are (though I credit Konate with playing quite well on defense most of the game). Lynch will be back Monday, the game plan will be different and we will shoot better.

I say with all that considered, it was a decent win. Move on.

I didn't get to watch the game but reading through this thread was entertaining enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom