***OFFICIAL RUTGERS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
We have ourselves a losing streak again, despite playing some solid ball. This BT season has been a series of streaks. Rutgers is playing well so this game will not be easy.

Biggest issue for this team is our scoring slumps. We need to find a way to cut those in half, buckets beget buckets.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!

We have ourselves a losing streak again, despite playing some solid ball. This BT season has been a series of streaks. Rutgers is playing well so this game will not be easy.

Biggest issue for this team is our scoring slumps. We need to find a way to cut those in half, buckets beget buckets.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!

The biggest issue today is the biggest issue every game: do the shots fall. None of Garcia, Payne, and Fox are dominant low post players. Garcia is very good working towards the basket when he gets the ball 10-12 feet away. Payne doesn't handle the ball well enough to be a consistent low post offensive option.

The Gophers and most college basketball teams need to win offensively with good outside shooting, making the defense come out and giving post players a better chance to receive the ball in good position. Payne in particular benefits if defensive traffic is lighter in the paint.

The biggest issue today is the biggest issue every game: do the shots fall. None of Garcia, Payne, and Fox are dominant low post players. Garcia is very good working towards the basket when he gets the ball 10-12 feet away. Payne doesn't handle the ball well enough to be a consistent low post offensive option.

The Gophers and most college basketball teams need to win offensively with good outside shooting, making the defense come out and giving post players a better chance to receive the ball in good position. Payne in particular benefits if defensive traffic is lighter in the paint.
I think that the biggest issue is- do they handle the perimeter pressure that Rutgers applies. If they do that efficiently and get good shots- the shots will fall. We have good shooters- getting good shots is the issue and that is what happened against Iowa and Purdue in the second half, we succumbed to the pressure.

Would be great to see us jump on 'em early and blow 'em out of the gym - That'll be my prediction for tonight

Go Gophs!

from my point of view, there is one question and one question only about every Gopher basketball game:

out of the 40 minutes, how much of the game do we get the "good" Gophers and how much of the game do we get the "bad" Gophers?

because they will both show up at some point during the game. as I said, the only question is the ratio of good to bad.

If the ratio is 30/10, I like the Gophers chances. 25/15 gets iffy. 20/20 or below, and it's no dough.

because the good is often not good enough to outweigh the bad.

or if Marc Antony was here, he might say "the evil that the Gophers do lives after them. the good is oft interred with their bones."

Must win.... Hope it's going positively in our favor when I check in

Watching them warm up. Garcia practicing 3's.

Jack "the Enforcer" Wilson is cut, with that thick upper back and V. When he turns, bodies hit the ground.

I wonder what Payne "the man" could bench.

Where's Cory Provus? He's our good luck charm...

Game is going to be a grind. Got to play good defense and keep Rutgers from crashing the glass.

Top Bottom