Fastbreak Points24
Steals21
Points off Turnovers60
Points in the Paint2616
Second Chance Points94
Personal Fouls106
Technical Fouls00
Possessions2929

I actually feel like the defense is good; they’re just getting lucky and hitting everything!
Got to hit free throws!
Somewhat agree. They’ve definitely had some shitty defensive possessions, but there’s been many possessions where they have played great defense and played them right down to the end of the shot clock, and Rutgers has made a shot that they probably don’t normally make.

Played better defense at the under 4TO. Encouraging sign heading into the 2nd half. Pretty evenly matched across the board, just need to be better at the line.

15-8 Gophers run over the last 6 minutes to end the half.
Massive 2nd half upcoming. Must win. Let's go get it! Skiumah!

Should not be a circumstance where Fox, or anyone besides Payne, is guarding Omuruyi 1 on 1.

I think Garcia can score in the paint. They are throwing thin or littler guys on him. I like that matchup.

If we can cut off some of the straight line drive layups, I think we'll be alright.

Good spot to be tied at half - Let's go get it.

Glad we're not leading at halftime. That seems to be a curse lately.

Good game. Main thing that bugs me so far is the poor free throw shooting. Got in the bonus early but squandered some of those opportunities. Payne playing great and he's drawing fouls instead of committing them. Not going to shut down Omoruyi but we need to do a little better job on Davis.

Feel bad for Hawkins getting that three waived off.

Last edited:

1st half thoughts:

Neither here nor there but I feel far more comfortable entering the 2nd w/o the lead

Like: Really pleased to see Garcia, Payne and co. laying off with their defense at the rim if a shot's a lost cause—seems foul trouble will large loom in the outcome of the game and we've struggled at times in this respect.
Glad to see Ola-Joseph involved, he has a unique skillset. Want him playing enough down the stretch of the season that he stays engaged.

Dislike: our free-throw shooting, seemed like Garcia may have rushed a 2nd attempt at one point but he's generally quick as it is. Not to down on Payne as he doesn't look lost at the line like other terrible free-throw shooters, confident he & staff are putting in the work here.

I'm listening to the Rutgers audio feed...they really liked the Acrobatic half time show. I presume it was the F-M Acro team?

Glad we're not leading at halftime. That seems to be a curse lately.

Good game. Main thing that bugs me so far is the poor free throw shooting. Got in the bonus early but squandered some of those opportunities. Payne playing great and he's drawing fouls instead of committing them. Not going to shut down Omoruyi but we need to do a little better job on Jeremiah Williams.

Feel bad for Hawkins getting that three waived off.
We have them right where we want them!

I'm listening to the Rutgers audio feed...they really liked the Acrobatic half time show. I presume it was the F-M Acro team?

It's a very entertaining halftime show, no doubt.

Adjustments and execution. Team dies that the best gets the W. R is lousy at the FT line too.

Hawkins needs to do that Cousins to Jefferson play, with Payne and Ola as much as they can.

Top Bottom