***OFFICIAL RUTGERS AT MINNESOTA HOMECOMING GAME IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I'm a fan of Mitch. We have no better option. But his last two games have been really bad. Like, inexcusably bad. How can a 5th year senior be regressing? Is it coaching? It makes no sense.

Nobody's making him throw into double and triple coverage, or sail or short the passes 10 yards. In his defense that pick today is, again, because Woli was picked by a MN player. You really can't make this up.

Our defense is bad. Our offense is mediocre at best. Our punter stinks. Our PR routinely drops punts. Penalties. Our X's and O's coach is losing the X's and O's battle, or failing to prep the guys, or both.

I dunno. Relieved we won but this team is regressing big time.

I think the biggest problem right now is Bart Miller. RBs have to do a ton on their own and constant penalties are killers.

I think the biggest problem right now is Bart Miller. RBs have to do a ton on their own and constant penalties are killers.

Part of it is our penchant for the inside runs. We're running into +1 and +2 boxes and they are crashing in from all sides. Without those incredible runs we could easily be looking at a couple more losses on the season. The X's and O's is really lacking IMO.

Gritty win for the club. They'll learn from this and be better next week. Such great leadership from the coach, leading from the front. Who wouldn't wanna play on this team? Just finds a way to win. Final score is all that matters.

Ski u mah!!!

I'm glad we got all of those out of the way immediately lol.

Just finished watching the game. Had to record it and watch when I got home so I apologize if any of this has been talked about already.

1. Why the f do you not run a QB sneak whenever it is 3rd or 4th and short? It should be just about automatic against a team like this. We aren't facing the Michigan defense here.
2. Our WRs are just bad. Did you see the difference in separation between our receivers and theirs? And it doesn't help that they run into each other resulting in a pick 6.
3. At the same time, why are the DBs playing so far off the ball this year? Anyone can complete passes when there is that much of a cushion.
4. We were doing a good job of mixing it up on offense early on. Guess what? 21 points just like that. Then we get so one dimensional the rest of the way.
5. Leidner continues to frustrate. He looks so good at times, then so bad at times. The pick wasn't his fault but still.
6. We're so undisciplined. We play with no fire. The coaches seem to be overmatched.
7. Rodney Smith is our best player right now.
8. Claeys said they decided to put two guys back on punt return because there were too many punts that weren't fielded last year. I'd argue that I would rather have that right now.
9. We flat out should have lost. We got a few gifts from Rutgers and from the refs.
10. We're just not a very good team.

Top Bottom