***OFFICIAL PURDUE FORT WAYNE AT MINNESOTA BATTLE OF UNBEATEN TEAMS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Maybe he doesn't like Mr. Hoops, though he didn't seem enthused about Grimm being back Wednesday either.
"We'd really hate to see free throws here and extend the game into the wee hours of the night" - Spencer Tolackson haha dude the game started at 6 what's the rush, we're winning by 30!

Ashville MVP Peyton Willis had 5 points and we still won by 29. I wouldn't have figured that. 30 bench points.

"We'd really hate to see free throws here and extend the game into the wee hours of the night" - Spencer Tolackson haha dude the game started at 6 what's the rush, we're winning by 30!
Yeah. I thought maybe that was a dig at Mr. Hoops. He somehow has to get to Indiana by tomorrow morning I think?

Ashville MVP Peyton Willis had 5 points and we still won by 29. I wouldn't have figured that. 30 bench points.
That's this new fangled idea called teamwork. Something so welcome. I'm getting excited about what Ben is bringing (of course Thorson and gang also). Defense and teamwork with actual offensive sets. What a concept.

Terrible and unmotivated start (typical when coming from better competition the previous games)... but the Gophers stepped on their throat the rest of the game. Sutherlin was excellent tonight!

Wasn’t able to watch the second half, glad to see the boys bounce back from getting down. First time they’ve really played from behind this year, answered it as well as they could.

Bring on the Jacksonsville U Dolphins!

My guess is Ben and the boys will be ready for their next challenge. The NC schedule seems to be working out well as this team is still learning how to play together. Thus far, so good.

Team!!!

I really like that compared to what we saw from Pitino.

This was yet another fun game to watch. I love watching help defense, passing...even get this: Bounce passes AND no-look passes...WOW! And getting the whole bench in. What a treat. I'm all in on Ben. Have no expectations for this team, just going to enjoy watching players play smart team basketball and exceed expectations. Just Fun!

That's this new fangled idea called teamwork. Something so welcome. I'm getting excited about what Ben is bringing (of course Thorson and gang also). Defense and teamwork with actual offensive sets. What a concept.
Didn't get to see the game tonight but what is really cool to see is how well these guys work together for a team that has only been together for a really short amount of time. Usually it takes teams a while to gel and get comfortable with each other but this group doesn't seem to be having that problem at all.

Clear that Johnson did a good job finding guys that would come in with the right attitude, ready to work together and play team basketball. Fun to see.

Didn't get to see the game tonight but what is really cool to see is how well these guys work together for a team that has only been together for a really short amount of time. Usually it takes teams a while to gel and get comfortable with each other but this group doesn't seem to be having that problem at all.

Clear that Johnson did a good job finding guys that would come in with the right attitude, ready to work together and play team basketball. Fun to see.

On both ends of the court it looks like the team actually has an idea what they are doing. Four games in. Guys who've never really played with one another.

I'm sure Johnson haters who are hiding right now will be out in full force when the team loses their first.

It was interesting to see actually a little more athleticism off the bench than the more skilled and polished starters. Both Thompson and Ogele were blocking shots and Thiam is very athletic as is Sutherlin. It will be interesting to see these guys come along. There is also something I like about Ramsberg.

Terrible and unmotivated start (typical when coming from better competition the previous games)... but the Gophers stepped on their throat the rest of the game. Sutherlin was excellent tonight!
Agree on the start. Not surprising coming off of the championship on a 3 day trip.

Thus far I really like what I am seeing from BenBall. I know that much tougher opponents are on the horizon but....................

Lets hope the effort and team ball will continue with good results. I hope the Gopher 2022 recruits are paying attention.
Pretty sure that Payne and Carrington were there. Also saw Trevor Winter there so I suspect his son was there. Pretty sure I also saw McKinley Wright there as well??

Looking at the box score, we played good defense, especially in the 2nd half. We won every positive statistic...except one. We were out rebounded, 39-36. That stat will be the reason we lose B1G games. Giving B1G opponents extra touches and shots will result in our loss. Tonight, P-FW didn't make us pay for being out rebounded, but B1G teams will make us pay. 4-0 is a nice surprise, but being outrebounded by P-FW is not a good sign.

Looking at the box score, we played good defense, especially in the 2nd half. We won every positive statistic...except one. We were out rebounded, 39-36. That stat will be the reason we lose B1G games. Giving B1G opponents extra touches and shots will result in our loss. Tonight, P-FW didn't make us pay for being out rebounded, but B1G teams will make us pay. 4-0 is a nice surprise, but being outrebounded by P-FW is not a good sign.
Meh, being out rebounded by only three doesn’t get me worried. If it had been 10 then maybe I would be concerned. They play well as a team. No hero crap, movement off the ball. Like to watch good basketball.

Meh, being out rebounded by only three doesn’t get me worried. If it had been 10 then maybe I would be concerned. They play well as a team. No hero crap, movement off the ball. Like to watch good basketball.
I do enjoy the ball movement and defense. But P-FW outrebounded them. Just wait for stronger and bigger B1G teams to hit the boards. It will be the reason we lose most of our league games.

Really? You just said they dominated in every statistic except a few short in rebounding. And you think that will be there downfall? Lol, lol…. Talk about having to dig deep to find a way to criticize. Ha ha .

Top Bottom