***OFFICIAL PURDUE AT MINNESOTA HOMECOMING IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Look at the haters flooding the thread! Welcome back !

Keep the faith.

First half was rough, but if you’ve ever played or coached any sport, you know these things happen. And no, it’s not just Minnesota — every town in America thinks their school is cursed.

What matters now is the guys’ ability to be tough on the head. We are fortunate to be this close at half. Regroup. Play your game. Stop them in the crucial 1st possession. Find the rhythm. The crowd will go wild. We got this.

How do you figure. We missed a chip shot FG and MBS dropped a TD into the defenders hands. We're outgaining Purdue at half.
I think the MBS miss got tipped just a bit at LOS. Enough to change ball direction a few degrees.

Feels like the Illinois game from last year

I think the MBS miss got tipped just a bit at LOS. Enough to change ball direction a few degrees.
not sure. seemed more like a pass thrown too hard and a bit off target to a receiver not known for having good hands. maybe not the best call bc you need a receiver with good hands to catch that fire.

I'm really not at all interested in running the ball if Mo isn't gonna come out for the 2nd half. Throw the ball (better) and we'll get our yards.

Let’s stop acting like the whole team is doing badly.

The offense is making a ton of mistakes and not run blocking for crap.

The defense played quite well, forcing 3 turnovers and holding Purdue below their normal averages.

Just some okay adjustments at half should pull this out.

Mood is not great in 142. This is why the Minnesota negative Nancy tag exists. Positive is Purdue knew we had to throw and we still "almost" had success.

First half was rough, but if you’ve ever played or coached any sport, you know these things happen.
Mo Ibrahim is one heck of a security blanket... It's tough when you don't have your binkie.

How do you figure. We missed a chip shot FG and MBS dropped a TD into the defenders hands. We're outgaining Purdue at half.
That was on Morgan. An awful pass. He sucks today. He should have 3-4 interceptions.

Feels like we are lucky to be down 10-3. This is one of the bigger halves of Fleck's career at the U. Make the right adjustments and we should be good, the BT West is so there for the taking but we need to win games like this.

If he can't make those catches he shouldn't be on the field.
not sure. seemed more like a pass thrown too hard and a bit off target to a receiver not known for having good hands. maybe not the best call bc you need a receiver with good hands to catch that fire.

Mo probably really trying to convince the coaches to let him play.

Mo Ibrahim is one heck of a security blanket... It's tough when you don't have your binkie.
the team won 9 games last year without him and some against teams better than this. Shouldnt need MO. That said, if he came out in the second half and tore it up the stadium would go crazy.

If you want to be taken seriously as a contender for the B1G West the Gophers need to put the worst half of football behind them and dominate the 2nd half and win this game. Purdue appears more than willing to let you beat them.

That was on Morgan. An awful pass. He sucks today. He should have 3-4 interceptions.
He didn't have a good 1st half... but he didn't always get much help, either. A 6yr veteran should be able to come out in the 2nd half and put the team on his shoulders if he has to, though.

Making a call, Zach Evans plays in the Second Half

Are you really trying to find a way to blame Tanner for “throwing too hard”? That’s a drop, period.

Hope I'm wrong, but it feels like maybe we are not quite the dominant team we thought we were after beating up on 4 teams with combined 3-14 records. We can still pull this one out if we can get the running game slightly on track, eliminate the stupid mistakes and keep playing the defense we have for the last quarter and a half.

Morgan with more passing yards than Purdue's total offensive production...but 3 poins for 3 redzone possesions ain't getting it done.

Now we'll see if PJ can make some halftime adjustments. He has an excellent record when leading at half, not so good when trailing. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not optimistic.

Top Bottom